Capital City FC Fan Page

Without getting into too much, it was a good experience, a good league, with a decent team. A lot of work to do on the pitch, with players, recruiting etc. But all in all, everything on earth can be nit picked, and critiqued, but it was ok. Positives were that it was a good crowd, the Club organization is good. They are trying to make it great, which is awesome to see.

On field is a different story.. I mean ..

Keeper - did well, can see he is a good standard. Should be solid all year.

Left back - don't even remember his name, which isn't a good thing.

Right Back - I mean, I suppose has a bit of something about it, but he can't be more then 5'1.. Not a knock because its nobody's fault, but he just can't do it.

Edwards center back - decent player, depth player IMO.

Bagby center back - Slow. Reads the game well (thankfully because his pace is poor), but his passing isn't great.

Emir - did ok I thought, very good on the ball, creates space well for himself, will learn to play a bit quicker and do a little less at this pace. A positive for me.

Harrison - I have seen a few posts on this board saying he was good etc. And I honestly just have to say give your head a shake. I know its your opinion, and your totally entitled and I like to hear it, but wow. He was awful. He is even slower they Bagby, can't cover any ground, can't tackle (attempted about 4 slide tackles missing by a second or more). He can't play a pass more then 5 yards, and the ones he does are backwards. Awful. There is a reason he got yanked off at 60 minutes lads. Because he was poor, not because he was doing really well.

Caceros - did his job you can tell he was told to do. Get the ball, and hit the channels. He did it great in the first half. picking out Beague and sullivan often. Gave the ball away a lot towards the end of the first half and second half. Quality player, with Emir and hopefully a different, mobile partner in center midfield Caceros can be a great weapon.

Beague - First 20, was being played in, chasing balls, running at players, did well. After about 25 minutes, the service stopped coming, so he had to drop deeper to get it. And that meant the outlets weren't there.

Sullivan - Same as Will Beague, had some flashes, you can tell he has a bit of quality, but after 20 mins or so, just stopped getting the ball in dangerous areas.

Webb - Wow, this guy should NOT be playing in the team. He did nothing useful all game. At all. Biggest dissapointment for me. WOW.

Edgar Soglo is a perfect fit for this season. Get him out wide left, and put Beague up front, and Sullivan out wide right.

Kenny, Emir and someone needs to be found for the other center midfield spot.

the back 4, I think just need to be stable, although IMO are not good enough.

Thats my critique, take it for what its worth!

I still can't believe that the players they are paying, and importing here from all over are not even better then the locals. In my experience, the foreign players you bring in have to be TOP quality, and be complimented by the local supporting case. This is NOT the case here.

Again, this is soccer, and critiquing your team is what makes it fun! And praising other aspects... I love it, will go to all the games and support it!

#10 for Croatia was unreal, a pleasure to watch.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the back 4, I think just need to be stable, although IMO are not good enough.

I believe CCFC has capable enough defenders to be solid but the coach is clearly not picking the right players, I have been looking in at training camp, practices etc and I was at the game and I feel this back 4 can hold up against any team in the league.

RB - Andre Manders

CB - Julien Edwards

CB - Odaine Demar

LB - Luciano Rodrigues

Against any team I feel this back 4 can hold up.

Pay ATTENTION to your supporters Mr. Harris!!!

CCFC!!

Harrison - I have seen a few posts on this board saying he was good etc. And I honestly just have to say give your head a shake. I know its your opinion, and your totally entitled and I like to hear it, but wow. He was awful. He is even slower they Bagby, can't cover any ground, can't tackle (attempted about 4 slide tackles missing by a second or more). He can't play a pass more then 5 yards, and the ones he does are backwards. Awful. There is a reason he got yanked off at 60 minutes lads. Because he was poor, not because he was doing really well.

I just gave my head a shake and WOW he was still good.

He was the only one in midfield trying to start plays, make runs, etc.

If you want to say he wasn't successful I can see that but atleast he tried to get something going.

So you say he was good? "he was still good" is what you said. And he was the only one trying to start plays and make runs? Did you not watch Caceros? he was pingin balls all first half, picking out Beague and Sullivan. Kenny was on the ball all half, Harrison was a passenger. Strange if he was the only one doing so, why did he get yanked at 60 minutes? Interesting tactic to take off the only player in midfield trying to start plays and make runs. Don't get me wrong, I am not writing him off completely, but you can gain pace, and mobility.. of which he has very little, and 2 important areas of playing in the midfield.. I hope I am wrong because I want the team to be successful!

And thank you for replying, nothing better then a good healthy debate on players, tactics, etc.. That is a reason why I love this board and this new team in Ottawa! Soccer is great for this exact reason, 2 people can see things so differently, and both love it, and debate it!

What about Webb? What did you think? I think the same as harrison. Not even CLOSE to good enough at this level. Just so I don't seem like a negative Nelly, I really thought the keeper did ok, Will did well until the service stopped, Sullivan I think showed flashes of why he is highly rated.. I like Emir as well a lot. And I really hope Soglo gets his chance... he has pace to burn, and can be a constant threat in the system it seems the Manager wants to play..

Does anyone know if the games this weekend are televised here?

If not does any bar get the rogers(TO) feed?

I know the Georgetown pub used to have a TV aside for TFC games(MLS), maybe they'd show CCFC away games?

Great win!! Do we know who started and played? Any stats released?

That is a very impressive, big win for the Club! Congrats!

LTG, not much that I could find but copied and pasted this part from Rocket Robin's report from the CSL Week 4 thread regarding who played:

The young TFCA team played well considering the circumstances. Academy director Stuart Neely said the team has six players away at the Canadian national training game. There were a further five players absent for the MLS Reserve League game between TFC and Philadelphia. That included the CSL's leading scorer Stefan Vukovic who has scored two hat tricks in three games so far. They were also squeezed because they had a CSL Reserve game to play this afternoon with their Junior Academy team...they won 3-1, I heard against North York Astros Reserves. They made up the numbers with two 1996 born players and five 1995 born players (between 14 to 16) and only had three players on the bench—no extra goalie. Dylan Carreiro performed the best in my opinion mostly because he got to take all the freekicks and cornerkicks to get play started although I did like Jordan Hamilton taking a 25 yard freekick from the right that he just missed bending into the top left corner at 59 minutes.

CCFC's Alexandre Destine created all his magic from the 80th minute onwards because that's the moment he entered the game as a substitute. The rest of the team hadn't been clicking and TFCA goalie and defenders were blocking and clearing the ball quite well.

Big three points for CCFC irrespective of who the opposition played.

gwsmith63

This usually has to wait until the end of the year when I get the time but here was the CCFC line up.

...............1 Clinton Irwin

2 Taylor Benjamin...12 Casey Cordray...5 Joel Bagby...25 Andre Manders

..........4 Collin Harrison...8 Emir Zrnic...13 Kenny Caceros

..........15 Sullivan Silva...18 Evroy Junior Ellis...9 William Beauge

Subs:...3 Julien Edwards (def)...6 Nick Sonsini (mid)...10 Damiem Rolon Merette (mid)...11 Luciano Rodrigues (def)...14 Garrett Webb (fwd)...22 Karl Gouabe (gk)...23 Alexandre Destine (fwd)

head coach Shaun Harris...assistant coach Kevin Lawson...physio Brendan Hickey...director Neil Malhotra

I believe CCFC has capable enough defenders to be solid but the coach is clearly not picking the right players, I have been looking in at training camp, practices etc and I was at the game and I feel this back 4 can hold up against any team in the league.

RB - Andre Manders

CB - Julien Edwards

CB - Odaine Demar

LB - Luciano Rodrigues

Against any team I feel this back 4 can hold up.

Pay ATTENTION to your supporters Mr. Harris!!!

CCFC!!

ARE YOU THE SAME ( ott:EYE) USED TO POST ON OFF THE PITCH? I AM JUST TRYING TO CONNECT THE DOTS.

Women were perfect - 6 points and no goals against.

Which team would win a head-to-head: Fury or CCFC?

This season for sure CCFC hands down no debate.

But maybe I am a bias, but I think last years PDL team, and the year before are much better teams then CCFC. The Fury PDL team have imploded. Only 1 returning out of town player. And a small handful of locals.

Not many returning on the women's side either and a small amount of locals and they're doing fine. And reading about the TFC game and the ages of the kids I'm not sure I'd be so quick to leap to judgement. It would make a great exhibition match later in the year though, and would be a good night for the city community(s).

Great weekend for the boys, I am very happy we were able to pick up all 6 points. However let's look at how easy it was... TFC has half there squad away some boys at NTC and some with the MLS reserve squad, we played against a bunch of 14 and 15 year old and only won 2-1 I don't think thats good enough and from what I heard we were under it. Against MEFC I heard we controlled that game more but some of the lads on their team were carrying knocks also about 3 or so key players were bench. Overall good weekend thought but I still question the team selection.

What will the attendance be like this friday?

There were a lot of OSU kids and their families at the game (not to mention TC fans), I figure they got free tickets which is great but if they don't come back 600-800 maybe?

Just wondering.

What will the attendance be like this friday?

There were a lot of OSU kids and their families at the game (not to mention TC fans), I figure they got free tickets which is great but if they don't come back 600-800 maybe?

Just wondering.

Yeah I am curious as well.. As you say, they gave away TONS Of tickets for the first match - I wouldn't be suprised if they did for this weekend as well just to keep some momentum going.. But as you elude too - I think the crowds will diminish a bit once all have to start paying etc.. I think it should settle around 3 or 4 hundred which is not too bad.. It is expensive to go every game! I am a season ticket holder, and still have to pay 5 bucks parking every match! :)

Archived