Capital City FC Fan Page

There isn't as much buzz as i would have expected yet, that's for sure. Some of that is down to the club and their marketing efforts (limited web site updates etc), but some of it is down to the potential fans. Supporter's groups don't need to be organized by the team; in fact I think they are better to be independent.

I totally agree about supporters groups being organized by supporters.

I only learned about this team from this website, I haven't seen anything else in the papers or on local TV. I would have hoped the team come out with more of a bang. I think once the community hears about this they'll embrace it full fledged.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be great to see a fan group develop.... but its going to be hard you have divided loyaltys with Fury.... now a CSL franchise and promise of a NASL group in a year.

So you need a group who will know that its going to be in flux.... the Capital city guys will need to win some fans that is win the hearts of folks... takes a special kind of player or incident to start the movement...... problem is the stadia will be a huge drawback to that one crazed fan who starts the cheering and to have the second person...who follows in to make it all happen.

Just saw this on my twitter feed:

Home Opener will be May 20th. More schedule details to come. #ottcity

http://twitter.com/#!/capitalcityfc

Thought you'd like to know.

I totally agree about supporters groups being organized by supporters.

I only learned about this team from this website, I haven't seen anything else in the papers or on local TV. I would have hoped the team come out with more of a bang. I think once the community hears about this they'll embrace it full fledged.

I think you're right, I hope all of the Ottawa residents in this thread are planning on going to games and trying to bring friends, because getting a supporters group started and chanting and banging on drums is MUCH easier with 20 or more people to start with.

So from the schedule five double weekends i.e. travel to gta or beyond and play two games in three days or two games in two days.

Prediction out of the the ten games best possible result is three wins or ties with seven defeats.

Based on a 26 game season... three more away games give them one win, one tie, one loss ...home sessions 13 games they will not wint more then six at home which means best record 10 wins at best .. more likely six and four ties... for 22 points at the best.

I have to believe this team will be in bottom quarter of league by season end.

I was able to take in the teams practice this morning and I have to commend both the coach and the boys on a great practice the boys looked good during fitness and even better during the game. It looks like the team is starting to gel, I was very impressed with the midfield play and the stability in defense... In midfield I was quite impressed with Emir, Merette and the new signing from America Colin Harrison. In defense Kofi, Julian and Démar, this kid never shies away from a tackle and is always very physical. Overall the team looked good and I hope things will only get better.

CCFC!

As far as supporters group - I think if we all get 5or6 people the club will totally embrace us - spoke to someone the other day and I have a person to contact at the club I cant take this on but if someone wants to let me know and I can pass you what I was given, updates will all begin with info pushing out toward 5/1 I was told...

ALSO here are some links for all of those who want to be involved like myself I have joined in on the following >>>

club site - announcements! http://www.capitalcityfc.com/

facebook - http://www.facebook.com/capitalcityfc?ref=ts

twitter - http://twitter.com/capitalcityfc

also if you search Ottawa citizen, sun, your ottawa region, CANsoccer, kick about and a number others they all have had coverage in march and early April on CCFC - most to all links are posted in the above spots though I have found, pro soccer in ottawa may-oct will be quality within the summer!!!

1 month until the season opener at home to Toronto Croatia!

I am hearing good things coming out of camp, with a lot of quality players! The website has turned a corner, and they are announcing players every few days.. Even though I am wondering why 2 center backs from California when Ladi Bushiri is our own Ottawa backyard???!? Strange, but who I am to say anything when I haven't seen them yet.. So here is to a continued good camp!

Anyone have anything they have heard or seen?

So on the record we have 9 players signed..

3 defenders, Cordray, Bagby, and Edwards.

5 midfielders, Emir, Harrison, Kenny Caceros, Will Beague

1 Striker, Sullivan Silva

Although Will can play up front as well.

Getting excited! Hopefully more news to come!

Even though I am wondering why 2 center backs from California when Ladi Bushiri is our own Ottawa backyard???!? Strange, but who I am to say anything when I haven't seen them yet.. So here is to a continued good camp!

I have seen Ladi at camp and he looks completely off his game. His fitness, work ethic etc it's all gone so I think it would be best for CCFC to go for a younger option because by the looks of things they wouldn't get more than half a season out of him.

Ugh.. Thats too bad. But totally the reason Ladi could never make it to the next level.. He is an unreal, massive, top center back when he is motivated, fit. I mean not long ago was playing in front of 17 thousand people in Jakarta.. Now having trouble playing in the Ottawa area. Its strange, and a shame. Hopefully he squeaks into the squad, and builds up his fitness and motivation and can become the player we know during the season..

I alos heard Tim Khaemba is trying out... Have you or anyone heard how he is doing? when I was at Carleton (a few years out of my playing time there), he came in, and was an absolute game change. Something out of nothing type striker. This could be a very under the radar signing...

Great job on the supporters page on Facebook!

Yes I agree it is quite unfortunate but I guess thats just how things are sometimes but I know Ladi somewhat and I know he will fight his way back to full fitness and I am sure he will be trying out or making his name somewhere else, hopefully things will work out for him but with myself being a season ticket holder and quite a supporter of this club I want to see player who will bust the buts and work hard. I feel the Centre- Backs we have now are more than capable of doing well this season and with the addition of that young man Démar and maybe another young defender I feel we will have a very strong backline. The rumors about Tim K. I am not too sure about that because I haven't seen him at camp so maybe it is just a rumor.

May 20th let's go lads!

CCFC!!

• 2 weeks later...

Im excited to see how cap city does in the CSL. this is great for soccer in ottawa hopefully it can continue to get stronger.

Another thing fans of good soccer in ottawa can look foward to is prospect fc. A team based from ottawa/kingston,mainly players from ottawa, playing in the CSL second division.They are affiliated with soccer prospect academy. more info can be seen at http://soccerprospectacademy.webs.com/

He was playing with St. Anthony in the OCSL last season. I believe he was injured for a bit this winter, but is now back fit and playing. My guess is that he will be with St. Anthony again (who were relegated to division 1) or with the Ottawa Royals.

Archived