Vancouver Accommodations Near Empire Field

Tuscan

I'm trying to find a decent place (and by decent, I definitely mean cheap but not fear getting stabbed in the middle of the night cheap) to set up accommodations near Empire Field/PNE. So far the closest and cheapest I've come is a hostel on Main and Hastings for $50 a night.

Are there any areas I should be wary about looking for a place? (yes I am fully aware of the notoriety of East Hastings) Anyone willing to put two people up for probably Friday and Sunday night?

Under no circumstances should you stay anywhere near Empire. Not that it's dangerous, well it is dangerous. Dangerously boring.

Stay downtown. Do not stay anywhere near Empire.

There are cheap hostels downtown, but you have research them. I don't know what's what anymore. IYH should be good.

Do NOT stay at main and hastings. That is probably the worst intersection Vancouver has to offer. I would recommend staying closer to downtown and taking transit to the game. If downtown is too expensive try something in burnaby maybe.

****... well that means I have to start from square 1 again. We'll set something up on the Friday, but if anyone knows a place they've stayed at downtown that was ok then I'd love to hear about it. The hotels are way out of our desired price range (even the ones near the airport at at least $150 per night).

What about on Main and about Prior St.? It's close to Trillium Park it appears, really close to that hodgepodge of interchanges at Dunsmuir - Georgia - Pacific Blvd.

Best Western on Granville?

How much is that? Part of the problem is that it's spring break perhaps.

If there is four of your, try to book a 4 bed room at the International Youth Hostel. Go for the one with a bar in it on Granville street

Do NOT stay at main and hastings. That is probably the worst intersection Vancouver has to offer. I would recommend staying closer to downtown and taking transit to the game. If downtown is too expensive try something in burnaby maybe.

Metrotown has some decent options. There's the Ramada on Kingsway near Boundary.

I'd recommend Patricia's Hotel, lol nah.

The Holiday Inn right there on Renfrew is ssomething I've used for Concerts at the Colisuem and Forum.

Other than that, there's the Hostel at Cambie and Cordova behind Hastings there. But for a Hostel you need a passport and be from outside the Lower Mainland.

Other than that there's the Samesun Hostel on Granville.

I was taking a look at the hostel on Cambie. Seems to look like a decent place, has no bad reviews in Google. We're not too worried so we'll find/stumble drunkenly into something on Friday.

Cambie eh... I dunno about it.

Main thing is to find out if they ONLY take travelers.

Guys, www.hotwire.com is your friend!!!!

Stay downtown or in Burnaby in and around Metrotown.

Otherwise your trip will be BORING... the game aside...

You can get a hotel room on hotwire, assuming you are going with mates or firendly people, share a room that has 2 beds in it for $70-$80 per night, right downtown.

That was you can stumble in after way too many at any of the fine eateries/bars/pubs/clubs downtown Vancouver has to offer in and around the Stadium Area to Granville Strip. (Roxy, Lennox, Venue, Cinema, Library Square, Doolins, Kingtston Taphouse, Players Chophouse, etc)

Edit: A quick search on Hotwire found 3 1/2 star hotel rooms for friday checkin and sunday checkout for as low as $79 for South Downtown and Entertainment District... (That's ideal)

Archived