TFC @Vancouver - Sat. March 19th, 2011. (R)

jpg75

If that was the worst, then second place goes to Harden trying to switch the ball from the left to Gargan right and hitting straight to the Caps' forward on that side of the field. Boy, he had a tough match on the ball, didn't he?

lol, I think we can safely conclude that our utility full backs eat major ass.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that was the worst, then second place goes to Harden trying to switch the ball from the left to Gargan right and hitting straight to the Caps' forward on that side of the field. Boy, he had a tough match on the ball, didn't he?

I think the Harden gaffe should be first place, with the Gargan in 2nd and then another Harden (a brutal giveaway in the 1st half) gets the bronze medal. That we are able to compile and rank a list of biggest gaffes of the game for TFC is quite telling.

I think the Harden gaffe should be first place, with the Gargan in 2nd and then another Harden (a brutal giveaway in the 1st half) gets the bronze medal. That we are able to compile and rank a list of biggest gaffes of the game for TFC is quite telling.

Do you remember his first appearence last year? He got caught in possession a couple of times during that match, as well.

A nightmare performance, for sure, but he has to put it behind him and hopefully he gets back to the much better level of performance he showed as the backup CB starter towards the end of last year. All the defenders will be helped significantly once a better linking midfielder in the holding position (JDG) becomes available again as the passing conduit from defense to attack. The team also needs to see if Bouchiba's got the goods to be the d-mid. Moving Peterson to the RW may also give the right side a better two way presence to support Gargan if Winter chooses to be more pragmatic with his tactics, I don't know. As a neutral observer, that's my final two bits on the subject of TFC.

As for the Caps, the afterglow of a big win masked a couple of concerns. I think Boxall might be a work in progress as one of the CBs: as much as it was a great ball by Santos on the DeRo (giving credit where credit is due), the Kiwi looked completely surprised to see DeRo steal behind him with his run. As well, on the Santos goal Rochat was closest to the Brazilian but retreated to cover the right wing and then Boxall was too slow in reacting to the TFC foward's shooting threat. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he'll need to work on his reading of the game, but he has a strong mentor in DeMerit playing beside him. I really like Dunfield and I was pleased to see him score but I think he and the young Koffie need some matches against the league's better engine rooms (RSL comes to mind) to get a better gauge of what they can do. However, I liked the Caps organization/shape and they played to the strengths of their players, so props to TT.

Do you remember his first appearence last year? He got caught in possession a couple of times during that match, as well.

A nightmare performance, for sure, but he has to put it behind him and hopefully he gets back to the much better level of performance he showed as the backup CB starter towards the end of last year. All the defenders will be helped significantly once a better linking midfielder in the holding position (JDG) becomes available again as the passing conduit from defense to attack. The team also needs to see if Bouchiba's got the goods to be the d-mid. Moving Peterson to the RW may also give the right side a better two way presence to support Gargan if Winter chooses to be more pragmatic with his tactics, I don't know. As a neutral observer, that's my final two bits on the subject of TFC.

As for the Caps, the afterglow of a big win masked a couple of concerns. I think Boxall might be a work in progress as one of the CBs: as much as it was a great ball by Santos on the DeRo (giving credit where credit is due), the Kiwi looked completely surprised to see DeRo steal behind him with his run. As well, on the Santos goal Rochat was closest to the Brazilian but retreated to cover the right wing and then Boxall was too slow in reacting to the TFC foward's shooting threat. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he'll need to work on his reading of the game, but he has a strong mentor in DeMerit playing beside him. I really like Dunfield and I was pleased to see him score but I think he and the young Koffie need some matches against the league's better engine rooms (RSL comes to mind) to get a better gauge of what they can do. However, I liked the Caps organization/shape and they played to the strengths of their players, so props to TT.

Agreed with basicaly everything I'd also add that Boxall would have been directly responsible for another TFC goal had Zavarise finished the ball he was gifted

Agreed with basicaly everything I'd also add that Boxall would have been directly responsible for another TFC goal had Zavarise finished the ball he was gifted

I agree with you and Bearcat as well. The other area of concern that I see for the 'Caps is in goal. There's a reason Nolly couldn't get an MLS game the last three years. Nolly looked weak on the DeRo goal and on several occasions was caught flat-footed and on his line. That will cost the 'Caps dearly down the line. When is Cannon supposed to be healthy?

lol, I think we can safely conclude that our utility full backs eat major ass.

Yeah they were incredibly brutal. Not sure why Gargan gets such admiration, he is a regular whipping boy for attacking players and on top of that he is terrible on the ball. I think it might be time to bring in Morgan, Yourassowski, or Omphroy. They can`t possibly be any worse. The way they started to statically pass the ball back and forth until they coughed it up, it was like death by a 1000 cuts.

Anyway, caps full value for the win although I think they`ll have some issues with the backline they`ll need to clean up going forward.

I agree with you and Bearcat as well. The other area of concern that I see for the 'Caps is in goal. There's a reason Nolly couldn't get an MLS game the last three years. Nolly looked weak on the DeRo goal and on several occasions was caught flat-footed and on his line. That will cost the 'Caps dearly down the line. When is Cannon supposed to be healthy?

Disagree on Nolly. The reason he was not in the MLS was because the Caps paid him more. Pure and simple. Same as Jordan & Gaudette.

Weak on the Dero goal? Great pass, great reception and over the keeper with a shot. If Nolly stays on his line Dero goes near side so he comes out and Dero goes over him. The net is 24x8 feet dude. Defending it is very hard. I'm sure we will see Cannon once he is healthy but Nolly is a good MLS level keeper.

We need to play better in shutting down players and not letting them get shots away. Players like Dero and Santos will kill you with 3 feet of space anywhere around the box. We will get a lot tighter marking around the box.

Teibert and Chiumiento are both out injured for next match... will be interesting to see how the caps respond. Too bad about Russel hopefully he doesn't have an injury prone career.

Where did you read that Teibert is out injured? Hopefully that isn't the case and he's out for the next match because he'll be with the U20s.

Where did you read that Teibert is out injured? Hopefully that isn't the case and he's out for the next match because he'll be with the U20s.

I found this news. It's from March 21.

Captain Jay DeMerit has been called up for U.S. national team duty, midfielder Russell Teibert has a hamstring issue and has been called up to the Canadian U-20 team and midfielder Davide Chiumiento was in street clothes Monday, nursing a hamstring injury.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Injuries+international+call+lead+pain+Whitecaps/4480079/story.html#ixzz1HKngXp3s

Hope you a good recovery Russell. Get better soon.

Disagree on Nolly. The reason he was not in the MLS was because the Caps paid him more. Pure and simple. Same as Jordan & Gaudette.

Weak on the Dero goal? Great pass, great reception and over the keeper with a shot. If Nolly stays on his line Dero goes near side so he comes out and Dero goes over him. The net is 24x8 feet dude. Defending it is very hard. I'm sure we will see Cannon once he is healthy but Nolly is a good MLS level keeper.

We need to play better in shutting down players and not letting them get shots away. Players like Dero and Santos will kill you with 3 feet of space anywhere around the box. We will get a lot tighter marking around the box.

I thought Nolly could've done better on the DeRo goal too and IMO he seems to be in the lower tier among MLS starting keeper (I based that on what I've seen from him from the last few years). Also, distribution was often erratic on Saturday.

I found this news. It's from March 21.

Captain Jay DeMerit has been called up for U.S. national team duty, midfielder Russell Teibert has a hamstring issue and has been called up to the Canadian U-20 team and midfielder Davide Chiumiento was in street clothes Monday, nursing a hamstring injury.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Injuries+international+call+lead+pain+Whitecaps/4480079/story.html#ixzz1HKngXp3s

Hope you a good recovery Russell. Get better soon.

From what I've heard it's precautionary and he should be alright. Teibert and Dede might both be on the bench vs. Philly.

Gee, thanks clit. Holy ****, are you for real? Mr. 5 posts dishing out advice...

Ya know what guys, never mind. Enjoy the degeneration of this sub-forum over the next 24 months.

What is great is that people on the internet take what they see at full value. While I may look new and only have 5 posts on this site thats not reality. I'm one of the few that was around here in 1999 and one who actually contributed to the Voyageurs Cup. You have 5 chances to guess who I really am. Here's a clue. On a national television broacast I was cursed out by Lynx supporters. ****ing newby.

What is great is that people on the internet take what they see at full value. While I may look new and only have 5 posts on this site thats not reality. I'm one of the few that was around here in 1999 and one who actually contributed to the Voyageurs Cup. You have 5 chances to guess who I really am. Here's a clue. On a national television broacast I was cursed out by Lynx supporters. ****ing newby.

WYN BELOTTE IS THAT YOU!? OMG OMG can u sign my hamburger?!

Go **** yourself.

I'm guessing a certain Rutles reference for your former poster name......

Archived