TFC @Vancouver - Sat. March 19th, 2011. (R)

jpg75

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good game, doubt Cap's NEED 3 points by any stretch, any points would be off to a good start, but 3 would be sweet. I'd say TFC would need points more.

I think Vancouver is in a much better mind space to win off the start than TFC is, one that teams will be under estimating Vancouver, the other TFC has been flying all over they were in Turkey, they had Cann walk out, and still are low on players. Should be interesting to see how TFC play on the pitch as it's been the same old turmoil off the the pitch.

That's it??

I've been boasting a bit to my non soccer fan friends/family to check into this match on Saturday. Oops. I mean, VAN's MLS debut at home, the beginning of the TOR/VAN MLS rivalry, first TSN broadcast....

...and they only have half the place full?

Really you two. Re-read the link posted. The article clearly states: The Whitecaps have sold around 15,000 SEASON tickets for the game, which will be played at Empire Field. A poor sentence as they didn't need to add the "for the game" but clearly they are talking about season tickets sold.

Also they are capping tickets at 22,000 a game because they are stupid.

Really you two. Re-read the link posted. The article clearly states: The Whitecaps have sold around 15,000 SEASON tickets for the game, which will be played at Empire Field. A poor sentence as they didn't need to add the "for the game" but clearly they are talking about season tickets sold.

Also they are capping tickets at 22,000 a game because they are stupid.

I might have got thrown off by the poor structure, but i'm about 90% sure that was edited after i read it and posted it and they threw in the "season" to mask their mistake.

Anyone know what the pre-game festivities around the stadium are going to be? Are the Caps doing anything before the game as game-day lead-up to the game?

I've heard the Caps are organizing a body painting contest for the ladies....

I've heard the Caps are organizing a body painting contest for the ladies....

I would have to say that was the first mis-step in the Whitecaps buildup to MLS debut, which has otherwise been superbly orchestrated. Wonder how Kerfoot feels about that campaign?

Southsider's will be at Oscar's Pub, before and after the game.

It's about a 10 minute from Empire at Boundry and Hastings.

and Body painting female's was a terrible idea, the only one's who will agree to that are one's I want to see in many layers of clothing. It's like Rooster's topless bullriding, I still have nightmares of that night.

If that was really a thing they wanted to do they should of just hired a cheer leading squad painted them up and put them at the side of the pitch for any time wasting spots.

and Body painting female's was a terrible idea, the only one's who will agree to that are one's I want to see in many layers of clothing. It's like Rooster's topless bullriding, I still have nightmares of that night.

If that was really a thing they wanted to do they should of just hired a cheer leading squad painted them up and put them at the side of the pitch for any time wasting spots.

is that at the field that will happen? A cheer sqaud would've been nice.

I would have to say that was the first mis-step in the Whitecaps buildup to MLS debut, which has otherwise been superbly orchestrated. Wonder how Kerfoot feels about that campaign?

Don't know about him but Barber is probably wondering how so many neutered males got into soccer. A non-issue.

^ What he said.

I managed to scoop a pair of tix for the match quite late and am looking forward to the pregame meet-up. I actually am living just a couple blocks away from the pub and can then walk to the stadium - I've been looking forward to this season for a long time. TFC looks terrible on paper and in recent form. Vancouver has a lot of work to do but should be up for the task. 1-0 Vancouver - Dunfield goal in the second half. I'm not expecting pretty football at all- much more of the same Caps defense as last year.

Do we really need a (TFC thread)? Can we not have one match thread for Canadian soccer fans to discuss the game?

I'm trying to avoid any bull**** that is surely going to arise should this thread be used by sets of fans.

I'm trying to avoid any bull**** that is surely going to arise should this thread be used by sets of fans.

Because going for sectarianism is a sure-fire way to avoid bull****? Last I checked we were a Canadian supporters board, not a combined Toronto FC/Montreal Impact/Vancouver Whitecaps/FC Edmonton/Toronto Croatia supporters board.

If it helps, I'll sit in here and gab about how ugly Toronto women are. Not because I believe it, but just to prove my point.

Because going for sectarianism is a sure-fire way to avoid bull****? Last I checked we were a Canadian supporters board, not a combined Toronto FC/Montreal Impact/Vancouver Whitecaps/FC Edmonton/Toronto Croatia supporters board.

If it helps, I'll sit in here and gab about how ugly Toronto women are. Not because I believe it, but just to prove my point.

A communal thread for fans of opposing soccer teams, what a great idea Bob! That way we can avoid petty bickering that could derail the thread...kumbaya my lord, kumbaya...

Archived