Windsor - Pre and Post Game

zeelaw

It looks like Rudi's bus is going to be a success, but I'm sure there are other people staying the night in Windsor of the game and maybe the night before. I live right down the road from Windsor so I'd love to help set up some stuff for all the traveling V's.

EDIT- A lot of interest in staying in Detroit, so hopefully all ideas can be bashed out in this thread

Please post here if you plan on doing so, both nights or just game night?

Once we get some stronger numbers I'll start making calls and hopefully find us a good pub to settle in at along with a hotel.

I went to school there for four years so any questions about the town or crossing the border or downtown Detroit post it here and I'll be glad to help.

Cheers

I know you were talking about the night before and post match, but just to be clear, can we make sure that any pre-game stuff is in Detroit? We don't get together that often and I wanna see all of your ugly mugs. I kinda wish I was staying in Windsor, the 21 year old in me misses Voodoo.

Voodoo is closed man sorry haha

Anyway, yes thanks for bringing that up I should of stressed it... That tunnel bus can be 5 minutes or 3 hours, I've been in both situations... I highly advise anyone to not have any plans game-day before the match in Windsor...

If we have enough before the match I'll sort out something in Detroit for us.

I'll be flying in to Windsor sometime around 1p.m. depending on which flight I can book and for how many people. I'm down for whatever the plans end up being, but hopefully it'll still be early enough to work on whatever tifo is being planned.

I along with a couple friends will be in Detroit before the game and were planning on staying there after the game. Should we find a hotel in Windsor and stay there? Either way we'll be in for pre and post match but not the night before. Also should I buy one of these for when we go to Detroit;

http://www.heroarmysurplus.com/bullet-proof-vests-used-p-2498.html

I along with a couple friends will be in Detroit before the game and were planning on staying there after the game. Should we find a hotel in Windsor and stay there? Either way we'll be in for pre and post match but not the night before. Also should I buy one of these for when we go to Detroit;

http://www.heroarmysurplus.com/bullet-proof-vests-used-p-2498.html

I guess that is an option but if you want to go out at night, I'd suggest going to Windsor... Even on a Tuesday night after the game I'm booking for the tunnel bus to get back, don't wanna be wandering around the D.

I for one am gonna be tearing up detroit with my buddies after we beat the yanks

anyone else staying in detroit?

I am for staying in Downtown Detroit.... As i suggested in another thread... I will start out at Elwood Bar and Grill next to Ford Field before the game...they will open up for the event..... so if we all commit we can take over the bar from 2pm on.... till game time, have banners etc in one meet up spot.

I for one am gonna be tearing up detroit with my buddies after we beat the yanks

anyone else staying in detroit?

I think the locals beat you to it.

I am for staying in Downtown Detroit.... As i suggested in another thread... I will start out at Elwood Bar and Grill next to Ford Field before the game...they will open up for the event..... so if we all commit we can take over the bar from 2pm on.... till game time, have banners etc in one meet up spot.

Sounds like a plan. In + 3.

That sounds like a good plan for pre-game, count me in!

Hmm, surprised everyone wants to stay in Detroit but count me in if that is the majority

No offense but Windsor isn't exactly a tourist draw other than to Americans who want to drink at 19 and go to strip clubs. Detroit may be crappy (and I would certainly rather live in Windsor than Detroit) but there is a fairly high interest factor in just seeing for yourself whether it is as crappy as everyone says.

No offense but Windsor isn't exactly a tourist draw other than to Americans who want to drink at 19 and go to strip clubs.Detroit may be crappy (and I would certainly rather live in Windsor than Detroit) but there is a fairly high interest factor in just seeing for yourself whether it is as crappy as everyone says.

Nail on the head in many ways but its not just for people 19, I'm 23 and still go out frequently in Windsor... I can understand the mystique of Detroit though haha

Nail on the head in many ways but its not just for people 19, I'm 23 and still go out frequently in Windsor...

Do you really leave the world renowned Chatham-Kent nightclub scene to go out in Windsor? I guess everyone has their preferences and variety is the spice of life. Chatham-Kent/Windsor is kind of like trying to choose between New York and London! :)

Archived