Red card for tackling streaker

jpoma

It's still violent conduct IMO. You can't use violence toward a teamate and you can't use violence toward a fan. The streaker wasn't attacking anyone, I think the RC is justify no matter how stupid the streaker is.

Are you freaking serious!?

That right there is a fantastic reason to hate the entire sport altogether. It proves every anti soccer argument right. That was one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen. I hope that ref dies and stops using the same oxygen I have to use. I hope he doesn't breed. I hope he has no family left, because anyone with his genes is a valid excuse for euthanasia.

God loyola, pretend I reached through the web and slammed your face on your keyboard.

Edit: I was way too harsh initially.

Are you freaking serious!?

That right there is a fantastic reason to hate the entire sport altogether. It proves every anti soccer argument right. That was one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen. I hope that ref dies and stops using the same oxygen I have to use. I hope he doesn't breed. I hope he has no family left, because anyone with his genes is a valid excuse for euthanasia.

God loyola, pretend I reached through the web and slammed your face on your keyboard.

Edit: I was way too harsh initially.

Just relax, it's a forum and we can have a discussion about a particular incident without getting personnal.

I think the ref could've done without the RC and it would've been OK for me but I can see the ref point about not tolerating violent conduct on the field. Also, a league doesn't want to see the players interacting with the fans physically unless they are beoming a threat toward them (which wasn't the case here).

Just relax, it's a forum and we can have a discussion about a particular incident without getting personnal.

I think the ref could've done without the RC and it would've been OK for me but I can see the ref point about not tolerating violent conduct on the field. Also, a league doesn't want to see the players interacting with the fans physically unless they are beoming a threat toward them (which wasn't the case here).

It wasn't violent in the slightest. That isn't violence! If he had fed him a haymaker or given a couple sucker punches once buddy was down, but he tackled dude with a bear hug. Not only that, but buddy and the security didn't mind. In fact streaker looks a little awe struck for a moment.

A good hint that a pathetic retard of a soccer ref made a retarded soccer (pussy) call, is when both teams show their disgust. No other sport loyola. Name one other anything that would penalize a person in that situation?

It disgusts me so much. I am excited about F.C. Edmonton this season, but if I see one of our players go down easily then clutch his face, before rolling around like a pussy, then I am going to scream obscenities and insults that he will be able to hear perfectly.

Not llike these 7th tier players who do not know them.

Any form of deliberate violence on the field beyond a serious attempt at playing the ball is a red card, or a yellow if there might be mitigating factors. And this is too, it is red as far as I see it. Like fighting with a teammate, insulting your own coach, being aggressive with a ballboy, shoving a steward or cameraman. Depending on how aggressive the action is of course.

There was a security problem, security has to handle it. As a player you don't take any form of justice into your own hands in any sport, otherwise you will pay. And he paid.

Promote the ref, and teach the hacks the rules. Or else let them stay in 7th division where their ball skills are not much better than their understanding of the game.

As a player you don't take any form of justice into your own hands in any sport, otherwise you will pay. And he paid.

Ummm. In hockey, American football, golf, and bobsledding even, in my own memory, have there been instances of fans interfering with athletes and athletes laying down the law on them without any consequences.

And don't try to compare this to hockey players climbing over glass or basketball players climbing in the stands. The streaker interfered on their field of play.

But thanks for letting me know that such B.S. from the refs is just a part of soccer. I am starting to lose the new-found interest I had in soccer as I learn that it will never evolve to allow technology for fairness or allow manliness to counteract prissiness.

I say the player is in the right, and ref is in the right.

The player had the right to help and take down the streaker which was wasting minutes in a sport where the clock keeps running, and it then is left the to usually less than competent ref to make up a number to tack on at the end.

While the ref was right to toss the player since he used way too much force, this streaker did not need to be drilled into the pitch, as funny as it was, he could of just merely tripped him to the ground for authorities when he made several passes around closely around players.

No way those slow police officers were ever gonna catch that idiot.

Anyone looking for manliness in a spectator sport has got to be as prissy as they come.

Anyways, what is manly about tackling a spectator, you have to be a real loser to get off on that sort of stuff. Like hockey fights, two guys wacking on each other's helmets, stuff for guys with small dicks I say.

For manliness, if you insist, go back to watching those sports where the players wear tights.

Anyone looking for manliness in a spectator sport has got to be as prissy as they come.

Anyways, what is manly about tackling a spectator, you have to be a real loser to get off on that sort of stuff. Like hockey fights, two guys wacking on each other's helmets, stuff for guys with small dicks I say.

For manliness, if you insist, go back to watching those sports where the players wear tights.

Sure at least they don't roll around clutching their face after a few air molecules bounced off them from a passing arm or head. Every soccer fan admits that diving (cheating) is a part of the game. Kind of like refs blowing obvious calls on the very actual scoring chances, defeating teams from major competitions. But this call the ref made was so... soccer, even soccer cringed.

No way those slow police officers were ever gonna catch that idiot.

^^ I think that's the key point here. It was clear that nobody else was gonna do anything, so the player took matters into his own hands to prevent the match from getting suspended.

The ref could've excercised some judgement. Don't always have to call it 100% by the book. Sheesh! Lighten' up, ref!

^^ I think that's the key point here. It was clear that nobody else was gonna do anything, so the player took matters into his own hands to prevent the match from getting suspended.

The ref could've excercised some judgement. Don't always have to call it 100% by the book. Sheesh! Lighten' up, ref!

It takes more than a streaker running around for 30 seconds to suspend a soccer game. If players can wait 10 min for a player to be carried out for a serious injury they could've wait a few minutes for security to get their act together.

Archived