Guest uno

Why do people keep talking about Floro "finding" Canadian players.

Who could he possibly find that the lads on this board haven't!

Although two Canadians I have come across are Kalifa Konneh (he is somewhere down in Brazil I think?), and a lad named Sukunda @ Auxerre (I think that's the club).

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do people keep talking about Floro "finding" Canadian players.

Who could he possibly find that the lads on this board haven't!

Although two Canadians I have come across are Kalifa Konneh (he is somewhere down in Brazil I think?), and a lad named Sukunda @ Auxerre (I think that's the club).

There's always one or two players that appear out of nowhere. I am not 100% but I believe that Pacheco was called up to the CMNT before anyone here had heard of him.

Is this the Kalifala Konneh who played with the Whitecaps Residency U-16s for a bit in 2011-12?

Are you telling me that he's as Canadian as Randy Edwini-Bonsu is Finnish?

I know nothing about the kid beyond "hmm, I've heard that name. Don't remember him being very good." Though since I barely saw him don't take that as informed opinion.

• 1 year later...

Crazy to think DiChiara was getting minutes in the Russian Premier League at 19 years old, and is at 22 playing league 1 in Ontario!

It could be attitude issues. In an article posted in this thread, he called MLS 'amateur' and basically said he'd never consider playing in it. Who knows, he could have burned bridges if those were his thoughts on MLS. Perhaps similar issues came up in NASL (I'm purely speculating)?

It could be attitude issues. In an article posted in this thread, he called MLS 'amateur' and basically said he'd never consider playing in it.

I would agree with that. And I'm not playing professional soccer. So that's 100% of Canadians thinking MLS is amateur who aren't playing professionally. Maybe it is attitude.

• 4 months later...

Reading though the earlier comments in this thread and its pretty striking how hyped he was and how excited everyone was when he made his first team debut. Then he kind of disappeared off the face of the Earth and then returned to Canada to play in L1O. Wonder how many similar threads we can find on this board.

That's why it's good not to judge a player based on the league that he plays in.

Archived