Guest uno

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know. Uno used to give regular updates and inside information but we haven't heard from him in a long time. The only few bits of information I have seen are from the Krylia website which really doesn't say much. Uno ant news?

I think any chance of DiChiara playing a role in this qualifying cycle is pretty much over now that he has been glazed over for both the national team game against Armenia and the entirety of the U-23 cycle.

Sam: He wasn't "glazed" over. That is purely assumption on your part. No one but him, the club, the CSA, and his family know why he wasn't a participant. .

No. There was a published interview with Fonseca (after the last and only call up to the senior team) wherby he stated: "we have decided to move on". When asked about him.

The piece was posted here. Sam is not wrong.

Yep, here's the quote: ""We took a look at (Di Chiara) and we felt (right now) we need to move on." Stand corrected! But my final remark remains. He's a 19-20 year old youngster just starting as a pro.

My serious question is - how is this kid good enough for an RPL first team but not a Canadian youth one? All the guys in our MF are truly better that were selected? Really? If so, why aren't those university kids getting contracts in Europe prem leagues too??

Yep, here's the quote: ""We took a look at (Di Chiara) and we felt (right now) we need to move on." Stand corrected! But my final remark remains. He's a 19-20 year old youngster just starting as a pro.

My serious question is - how is this kid good enough for an RPL first team but not a Canadian youth one? All the guys in our MF are truly better that were selected? Really? If so, why aren't those university kids getting contracts in Europe prem leagues too??

+1... that just strikes me as weird.

Who said he wasn't called for the U23 team? My guess is that he was and his club wouldn't let him go.

No. There was a published interview with Fonseca (after the last and only call up to the senior team) wherby he stated: "we have decided to move on". When asked about him.

The piece was posted here. Sam is not wrong.

That quote was regarding his status with the Sr. team, not the U23. That's not to say Fonseca didn't call him for the U23's, but let's not assume that was the case based on a quote that was based on a different set of expectations.

So if the quote is in fact re: the Senior team then my original statement that he likely was called but not allowed to go for the OQG stands...?

It seems he either plays full games for the reserves or gets featuring minutes with the first team. Either way he has already surpassed Ethan Gage at a similar stage and position......JDC would be basically competing with a guy like Stinson at this point pending Gage moving on? Obviously all 3 listed are well down the CMNT first team chart.

• 2 months later...
JDC has just been released from his contract. He is now a free agent. Just reported on the Krylia website.

Bah. Oh well, having first team experience and still being young, he should be able to find work elsewhere. Harder for other guys like Ethan Gage for example who never got off the reserve roster at Reading. First team experience means a lot when looking for employment (I hope). Good luck JDC

Hopefully his former coach Yuri Studin has some other contacts in Russia. Perhaps going down to a 2nd Division side wouldn't be a bad move?

2nd division in Russia is still a pretty good level so I think moving there and getting some playing time for a couple of years would be a good move for him. Shortly before the contract was terminated he gave an interview in Russian in which they asked him what the current coach told him about his position in the team and he said the coach told him it was up to him to work to get into the first team. That doesn't exactly sound like they had totally given up on him. The club also had a lot of praise for him on leaving and given that the contract was contracted by mutual consent I suspect (though it may be wishful thinking on my part) that he has something else lined up. My bet would be that he might go to FC Khimki who are now in the 2nd division and are coached by his former coach at Samara (this was the guy who played him in the first team and then he got injured and a coaching change was made during his injury time). Khimki has not gotten off to a great start this year and don't have a very solid midfield. In their last game one of their defensive mids was subbed out (not due to injury) in the 38th minute and replaced with a guy playing his 3rd professional match.

As to the praise the English release about the contract termination is here: http://eng.kc-camapa.ru/cgi-bin/newsprn.cgi?3391 However, the Russian version is slightly longer and has a line stating that during his time at the club they never had the slightest complaint about either his professional or personal conduct. And the General Director of the club posted on Twitter that Di Chiara was, "A very well raised and serious young man. I wish all football players were like him. I wish him much success." Russians aren't very generous with their praise so he must have made a very good impression at the club.

2nd division in Russia is still a pretty good level so I think moving there and getting some playing time for a couple of years would be a good move for him. Shortly before the contract was terminated he gave an interview in Russian in which they asked him what the current coach told him about his position in the team and he said the coach told him it was up to him to work to get into the first team. That doesn't exactly sound like they had totally given up on him. The club also had a lot of praise for him on leaving and given that the contract was contracted by mutual consent I suspect (though it may be wishful thinking on my part) that he has something else lined up. My bet would be that he might go to FC Khimki who are now in the 2nd division and are coached by his former coach at Samara (this was the guy who played him in the first team and then he got injured and a coaching change was made during his injury time). Khimki has not gotten off to a great start this year and don't have a very solid midfield. In their last game one of their defensive mids was subbed out (not due to injury) in the 38th minute and replaced with a guy playing his 3rd professional match.

As to the praise the English release about the contract termination is here: http://eng.kc-camapa.ru/cgi-bin/newsprn.cgi?3391 However, the Russian version is slightly longer and has a line stating that during his time at the club they never had the slightest complaint about either his professional or personal conduct. And the General Director of the club posted on Twitter that Di Chiara was, "A very well raised and serious young man. I wish all football players were like him. I wish him much success." Russians aren't very generous with their praise so he must have made a very good impression at the club.

Thanks for the info Grizz.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived