1) Canada was awarded the 2015 hosting right for the Women's World Cup,

2) Whitecaps joining MLS,

3) FC Edmonton joining NASL,

4) WSA Winnipeg and Hamilton FC join USL PDL,

5) Gold Cup,

6) Women's World Cup in Germany,

7) U17 Men's World Cup,

8) Men's World Cup Qualifying begins.

It struck me about ten minutes ago how very huge 2011 is going to be...I am so pumped.

Let's hope this is the year of the Canucks and Big Red!

Allez Les Rouges!!

You missed the most important event in 2011: the beginning of grass roots reform in how soccer is administered in Canada.

You missed the most important event in 2011: the beginning of grass roots reform in how soccer is administered in Canada.

Thanks, Ed. Fixed it:

In chronological order:

1) ASA Board sacked. :D

2) CSA board reform passed :D

3) Canada was awarded the 2015 hosting right for the Women's World Cup,

4) Whitecaps joining MLS,

5) FC Edmonton joining NASL,

6) WSA Winnipeg and Hamilton FC join USL PDL,

7) Gold Cup,

8) Women's World Cup in Germany,

9) U17 Men's World Cup,

10) Men's World Cup Qualifying begins.

It struck me about ten minutes ago how very huge 2011 is going to be...I am so pumped.

Let's hope this is the year of the Canucks and Big Red!

Allez Les Rouges!!

I hope we'll be able to add the U20 World Cup to your list!

It's a terrific year for Canadian soccer! I can't wait for the start of MLS season to watch TFC and the Caps, specially their Canadian players. Add to that a busy summer for our National teams and the start of WCQ in the fall!

You know I was wondering the same thing. My impression is that we're all still basing this as an assumption that CONCACAF is going to move to the new qualification process, which means that we would start playing games earlier than last time due to how the format would have more stages than the previous format. We'd start out against a nation like Antigua or St. VAG and eventually work out way to a final 8 situation, divided into two groups of 4.

Quite frankly, anything but the Hex... Oh and give us Oceania!

Well, it isn't as big a blow as many first thought. While we didn't get a full 4th qualifying spot, what we did get was the chance that we'll play either Oceania or Asia in the .5 playoff for the last World Cup spot. With our luck we'll finish 4th in whatever format things end up as, and get drawn against a South American nation anyway.

We also might still get the new qualification format, although seeing as how it all but eliminates the chances of the US and Mexico playing each other, things seem less and less likely that the format will change.

Archived