Saputo Stadium expension announcement set for wednesday

I haven't seen any pics recently of what the purported expansion could look like, but the original U-shape (we all love those!) with the cover around all the stands looked pretty dope. I hope they fill in all four sides, but if they go with the original design I won't complain, either.

As I somewhat facetiously pointed out on the impactsoccer forum, I'm mainly hoping that they get a tea stand. Or at least start selling it at one of the pizza places.

All (sort of) kidding aside, the original expansion presentation with the U shape was nice but a completed bowl would be spectacular... interested to see!

they can not complete the full bowl shape because of RIO regulations. Basically , the can't obstruct the view from the Athletes Village to the Big-O tower.

While conducting surveys, they were asking whether people would be willing to pay more to sit under the roof. I hope they realize it GREATLY enhances spectator experience and atmosphere .....

The Impact 2012 website says that Olympic Stadium may be used for the Impact's home opener. As nice as it would be to open in front of what could potentially be 55,000 people I really hope this doesn't happen. The Impact's first game in MLS should be at the new expanded Saputo. Give the stadium its first game in what will be an incredible atmosphere, that will set the tone for the whole season. Returning to Saputo after opening at Olympic Stadium would seem a little anti-climatic to me.

and I do believe that a smaller crowd hence less tickets available, will make it more of a hot commodity and can also incite to come. Montrealers love an event and want to be where it's ''cool'' to be. Pikinik, tam-tam's, Bell Center, Percival Molson Stadium, Osheaga....these are all places with great atmosphere and where Montrealers flock to.

I am with you Keano on the food concessions enhancement. The choice there currently is is very limited and unhealthy for the most part. If they're going to sell food rights, Tim Hortons would be a good addition (soups, tea, sandwiches, donuts!) as long as they don't skyrocket their prices.

I am with you Keano on the food concessions enhancement. The choice there currently is is very limited and unhealthy for the most part. If they're going to sell food rights, Tim Hortons would be a good addition (soups, tea, sandwiches, donuts!) as long as they don't skyrocket their prices.

So seriously ... what do you think you will see in a food concession in a Saputo owned stadia...its going to focus on suppliers that are connected to the Saputo food conglomerate, so you get pizza with Saputo cheese... you get hot dogs from a linked corporate entity.

I would love to see them allow in some independent food carts, but I suspect it will not happen, best we could hope for is that Saputo will realize that a " Brew Pub " should be part of new expansion, brewing a in house beer that is served on tap at games and a pub space for fans etc. for other soccer events on TV etc.

As to roofs.. mmm we dont get rain that often and its very very nice on summer days to be out in the hot of the sun...

My big issue is we need more servers of beer in the stands during games... in the section i stand it it can be too long a wait especially during first half of a match.

Looks good. I wish that with the following years they can fill the two empty corners to add more seats (although I think there is a RIO rule against that or something) and close the surrounding walking areas.

I just can't wait to be there in 2012...

Archived