Cascadia Pre-Season Matches

tmcmurph

whitecapsfc.com for the live stream for their games

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2011/03/cascadia-summit-matches-be-streamed-live-whitecapsfccom

Action begins Friday night at 7:30 p.m. PT when Summit hosts Seattle take on Portland. Whitecaps FC play their first Summit match on Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m. PT when they meet MLS expansion cousins Portland. That is followed by Vancouver's match against Seattle on Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. PT.

All three Cascadia Summit matches will be streamed for free on each team's website, with streaming to begin approximately 20 minutes before kickoff. Each club will provide one broadcast host for their matches, with Whitecaps FC play-by-play announcer Peter Schaad calling the action on behalf of the Blue and White. The two broadcast hosts will rotate as play-by-play and analyst at halftime of each game.

Portland beat Seattle on Friday night and got a tie with Van today 1-1. Was a good game. Caps started slow and that is something they will need to address. Their passing was very good but finishing around the net was lacking. No problem, help is on the way with the new DP. Portland was playing mostly second stringer types and looked very good so that bodes well for them this season. They play a very tight midfield variety of game. Caps were missing a few with injuries like Davide C as well. 2 weeks to go.

Was pleased with the tempo and approach Caps took to the game. They didn't really give anything away. Played 4-4-2, did they not? I watched about 30 minutes. Saw Teibert for about 5.....dang, what a player!!! I am very stoked for his future, and to see him on Canada. The lad has to play a lot this year to continue developing. Might be worth bringing up to the u23 team.

Portland is a big strong team. They will not concede many goals at all. Simply due to size. I didn't see anything particularly exciting offensively from either team - other than the 5 minutes I saw of Teibert. Long Tan actually looked alright. I was hoping to see Salgado play though. Disappointed he didn't from what I saw.

I am eager to get home today and watch the game at .... 3pm?

the bitgravity player will not work on my laptop, but it does on my son's laptop. Am I missing something here? Yesterday, during the Caps game I clicked play and it just searched for a connection indefinitely. Would love to watch the game this afternoon and am nowhere near my son's laptop. Help please!

Love to see Omar get his first shot IN the net. First shot for the Caps and it is 1-0. Nothing fluky about it, just a calm finish for a young player in all alone on the goalie. Looks good.

Looks like both team are fielding mostly seconds today. Tiebert just scored. What a knuckle ball that the keeper totally mishandled. 2-0 Caps :)

Too funny. The kids are doing great and Nizar just got carded because he was offiside but shot well after the whistle with a beauty of a curving shot into the net. He's looked good so far.

Wes looks much better at RB than he did at RM yesterday. It might just have been the smothering midfield that Portland deployed.

Great to see the Caps at work. Seattle a bit soft, but still, some solid play for us, so feeling pretty good about things.

Salgado strike after a soft defensive slip, then the Seattle keeper gives Teibert on what was really a low cross.

Also nice to think some of the team will be from last year, recognizable, I need those kinds of links to the past.

the bitgravity player will not work on my laptop, but it does on my son's laptop. Am I missing something here? Yesterday, during the Caps game I clicked play and it just searched for a connection indefinitely. Would love to watch the game this afternoon and am nowhere near my son's laptop. Help please!

Weird because it works for me on Windows XP and Ubuntu flawlessly. I hope MLS changes from Silverlight to using the BitGravity player. Smooth and no buffering like the USL stream was notorious for.

As to the game the Brazilian looks good as well as Tiebert, Khalfan, Salgado, Knight, Morfaw. We are doing the ground game better so far. Seattle is doing the long punt routine (good luck with that one) but our defense is handling it.

3-1 for the Caps now. Nice lob attempt by Salgado and nice finish on the rebound for our Brazilian. Camillio gets a well deserved rest with Stewart coming in, Knight out for Leathers and Cannon looks good this half.

Very impressed with our second set of back 4. Janicki is the only one from yesterday out there and they are all doing the job fine.

It ends3-2 for the Caps. Good game from mostly second string players. Excellent bench depth on all 3 teams. Bodes well for the season.

Archived