CONCACAF U17 Final: Canada vs USA February 27th, 2011

jpg75

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I skimmed the thread really quickly to look for comments, but I swear I saw the US keeper foul Aleman in the youtube highlights I watched. 50-60 min?

Was that when Aleman flipped in the air and was off behind the byline for a while in pain? I didn't see a replay on the concacaf feed so I don't know what happened. Do you have a link to the youtube clip?

I just watched the extended highlights, we had our chances in the first half! Do any of you goalkeeping experts out there not think the keeper should have done better on their first goal? I think he was too far off his line, jumped early and used the wrong hand to try and reach the ball! It was a perfect shot though and would have required a good save, any thoughts?

I just watched the extended highlights, we had our chances in the first half! Do any of you goalkeeping experts out there not think the keeper should have done better on their first goal? I think he was too far off his line, jumped early and used the wrong hand to try and reach the ball! It was a perfect shot though and would have required a good save, any thoughts?

No keeper expert but as soon as that ball was hit I knew it was in or hitting the post and bouncing out because that was labelled and with the bend on it as well as the screen that would have took a world class save.

Aleman rewarded for his tournament

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/02/tfc-calls-keven-aleman-camp

Even though he was shut down in the final you could still see his quality on the ball and he really surprised me sometimes with how well he could keep the ball in open space.

Real forward thinking player too. He'd pick up the ball and first thing he does is look for a cutting pass and if thats not there he takes on his man. This can be frustrating to watch when its not working, like in the final. But when a guy like this hits some good form, its very exciting.

The keeper used correct hand.

Real forward thinking player too. He'd pick up the ball and first thing he does is look for a cutting pass and if thats not there he takes on his man. This can be frustrating to watch when its not working, like in the final. But when a guy like this hits some good form, its very exciting.

It seemed the Americans had 3 guys on Aleman and Alderson whenever they touched the ball.

The keeper used correct hand.

True and the commentator didn't understood why.....

If Crepeau was a senior pro I would expect him to make that save buty he's 16 yrs old, so I don't feel like he was to blame on the goal. But I hope he feels guilty about it and will used that as a motivation to improve his game, which is pretty solid from what I've seen.

True and the commentator didn't understood why.....

If Crepeau was a senior pro I would expect him to make that save buty he's 16 yrs old, so I don't feel like he was to blame on the goal. But I hope he feels guilty about it and will used that as a motivation to improve his game, which is pretty solid from what I've seen.

Crepeau plays a real professional game one concern however is his size hopefully he can overcome that with talent or a growth spurt is on the way

Agreed. He is too short. He reminds me of Craig Forrest, which is great. But he's not nearly lanky enough to have any proper prospects beyond college or maybe D2/3 based on his current height. Unless he turns into that colourful Mexican gk!

Agreed. He is too short. He reminds me of Craig Forrest, which is great. But he's not nearly lanky enough to have any proper prospects beyond college or maybe D2/3 based on his current height. Unless he turns into that colourful Mexican gk!

Do you know his height? Just curious.

Archived