CONCACAF U17 Final: Canada vs USA February 27th, 2011

jpg75

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have just been watching MUFC. v Wigan. Watching Scholes and Carrick I saw more and more features of Alderson's game. If he emulate/replicate to them to even a decent degree Caps and Canada will be well off for it.

Alderson is the man, he can bully opponents off the ball but also can play a very strong technical game. Really impressed by the way he's created from his position in the two matches we've seen and also by the way he defends.

Currently 1-0 Panama in the 44th minute of the 3rd place match. The Jamaican host is going on about handballs having to be deliberate to be called a penalty, guess that means Jamaica had a PK called against them for a handball...goal was in the 36th minute.

It's final, Panama wins 1-0 and takes 3rd place. Kept an eye and ear on this game while watching the Leafs and to me it looked like Panama were getting slightly better possession for most of the 2nd half and Jamaica had few dangerous chances.

It's final, Panama wins 1-0 and takes 3rd place. Kept an eye and ear on this game while watching the Leafs and to me it looked like Panama were getting slightly better possession for most of the 2nd half and Jamaica had few dangerous chances.

Pretty dull game but I think a bumpy field contributed to the sloppiness... that, and maybe the teams didn't much care whether they got a medal or not..

Was checking the US roster to see if Cole Nagy - the kid from Arizona who was called up to one of the earliest U17 camps and then switched to the US - was on it (he's not) and noticed something interesting. Of the 20 US roster players 14 of them were born in the first half of 1994, a whopping nine of those were born in the first quarter of '94! Of the remaining six players three were born in in the second half of '94 and the other three are '95's. This is pretty much in line with the ongoing criticism of USSF youth scouting you can read about on BigSoccer. This US team is built to win now and not really to develop future pros.

http://www.concacaf.com/page/Under17s/TeamRelatedLink/0,,12813~5798~1,00.html

I really doubt these players don't care or are taking it easy as some have suggested, you need to think these matches are the biggest of these guys careers up until now

I guess you're right ... Jamaica did seem to try to take it up a notch near the end, but Panama sucked the life out of them. As someone mentioned, Panama far more organized.

Archived