U17 WCQ: Canada vs Panama Semi-Final (February 25th, 2011)

jpg75

Alright, so now that we qualified let's see how far the boys can get!

How did Panama get here? During the Central American qualifiers which they hosted they defeated Honduras 1-0 and lost to Guatemala 0-1. They then drew Cuba 0-0 and lost to the US 1-0 to finish second in Group B on goal differential. In the QF's they defeated Costa Rica 1-0 to get this far.

This should be a winnable game. <knock on wood>

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, so now that we qualified let's see how far the boys can get!

How did Panama get here? During the Central American qualifiers which they hosted they defeated Honduras 1-0 and lost to Guatemala 0-1. They then drew Cuba 0-0 and lost to the US 1-0 to finish second in Group B on goal differential. In the QF's they defeated Costa Rica 1-0 to get this far.

This should be a winnable game. <knock on wood>

This won't be easy. Panama have shown themselves to be a very difficult team to score on and our boys will have their work cut out for them.

A list of the players along with their kit number... does such a list exist? I asked the CSA on twitter but no response. Outside of Crépeau, Aleman, Nanco... I have trouble identifying the players.

Here is the list from the last game. Note that it can change from game to game.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/tourney/FIFA_U17WC/game_profile.asp?gameId=1913&tab=roster

Panama qualified to the quarterfinals without a win (1 draw, 1 loss). However, I think they are going to be a tough opponent as they just conceded 1 goal so far in this tournament.

They've also only scored 1 goal. I predict a tight, 1-0 win for the good guys.

They've also only scored 1 goal. I predict a tight, 1-0 win for the good guys.

That goal was a huge mistake from the Costarican defender who couldn't control what seemed to be an easy ball and as a result, Panama had 1v1 against the keeper. Panama doesn't seem to have a good attack but we must be careful with mistakes like Costa Rica's.

Archived