Mens olympic under 23 camp, l.a. California

Guest ERIN MILLS

I've seen all sort of results involving U-17, U-18, U-99 teams playing against MLS opposition, you can't read much into those. If the Galaxy played near their full potential there's no way the group we had could compete with them. Who in our starting 11 could've started for the Galaxy?

The game, the second in three days for the club, featured players that didn’t play or didn’t see significant minutes in San Diego on Wednesday. Those that did play 60 minutes or more against Club Tijuana trained separately on the adjacent field including Juan Pablo Angel, David Beckham, Chris Birchall, Landon Donovan, Omar Gonzalez, Sean Franklin, Juninho and Leonardo.

The Galaxy didn't play near their full potential. see the match report regarding who played http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2011/03/la-galaxy-beat-canada%E2%80%99s-u-23-national-team-4-0

No one is saying our u23's should beat the Galaxy, just be somewhat competitive against their reserves/trialists. If that is too much to ask, than the bar is set much too low by some here.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen all sort of results involving U-17, U-18, U-99 teams playing against MLS opposition, you can't read much into those. If the Galaxy played near their full potential there's no way the group we had could compete with them. Who in our starting 11 could've started for the Galaxy?

Gramps scored a brace last time he played!

Both Canadian goalkeepers, 1 center defender and 1 striker could off replace LA Galaxy players and there won’t be any deference

The Galaxy didn't play near their full potential. see the match report regarding who played http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2011/03/la-galaxy-beat-canada%E2%80%99s-u-23-national-team-4-0

No one is saying our u23's should beat the Galaxy, just be somewhat competitive against their reserves/trialists. If that is too much to ask, than the bar is set much too low by some here.

The bar is set up by the coaches and it's tough for us to judge our players since we basically don't know most of them. It's tough to judge the team performance based on a game report.

Of course if the players are coming to camp out of shape the coaching staff should look into that but I'm not sure what we should expect when we play exhibition games since it's almost impossible to know what to expect from the opposition.

Archived