Canadians abroad: February 18-24, 2011

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for February 18-24, 2011.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

^ De Jong played all 90 minutes in the match. Watched a bit of the first half ("snow day" for me today!). Would be interested to see a video of his goal.

Pretty cracking goal, I watched the end of the match just so I could see the highlight someone should be able to get a video

In the English Championship today: Peters is on the bench as Ipswich host Hull, Jackson is on the bench as Norwich visit Leeds, Hume is still out injured for Preston North End who host QPR!

Ipwishc (Peters) 1 - 1 Hull. Peters stays on the bench.

Leeds 2 - 2 Norwich (Jackson). Jackson stays on the bench too.

Casale tied their match scoreless. Uccello went in at the 10 min of the second half. Good point as the team they played was a 4th place team in the Division.

Uccello scoring drought continues after 6 games with them and 5 matches played. The most he has gone scoreless in his time in Italy.....

But im confident that will change soon and he be on track soon now feeling better after suffering some hell of a cough and sniffles

In Crotone they fired the coach that sent him on loan and re hired the old coach back as they too suffered some real setbacks with 2 points out 7 games since the replaced him.

Casale tied their match scoreless. Uccello went in at the 10 min of the second half. Good point as the team they played was a 4th place team in the Division.

Uccello scoring drought continues after 6 games with them and 5 matches played. The most he has gone scoreless in his time in Italy.....

But im confident that will change soon and he be on track soon now feeling better after suffering some hell of a cough and sniffles

In Crotone they fired the coach that sent him on loan and re hired the old coach back as they too suffered some real setbacks with 2 points out 7 games since the replaced him.

Remind me, bb, Casale is in the fourth tier of Italian football?

of course 4th but next year it will be 3rd Division as all the changes take place in Italy league play. (Serie A) "1st " (Serie B) " 2nd " (Serie C1 and C2 combined) will be now known as "3rd divison and finally Serie D- 4th and so on

As it stands right however it is considered 4th.

But no concerns of ours other then to assure that Casale does not finish in the last two spots of the table and 5 points of ahead of those teams below them and that will happen and Casale will start their next season as a 3rd divison team in Italy in the new format league.

hopefullly answered your question......

of course 4th but next year it will be 3rd Division as all the changes take place in Italy league play. (Serie A) "1st " (Serie B) " 2nd " (Serie C1 and C2 combined) will be now known as "3rd divison and finally Serie D- 4th and so on

As it stands right however it is considered 4th.

But no concerns of ours other then to assure that Casale does not finish in the last two spots of the table and 5 points of ahead of those teams below them and that will happen and Casale will start their next season as a 3rd divison team in Italy in the new format league.

hopefullly answered your question......

Thanks, I didn't mean anything disparaging by it. It's just that the Italian system confuses me. Maybe I'll wait until next year to wrap my head around it fully.

Pacheco played 90, picked up a yellow, and set up the winning goal at Santa Clara won 2-1 over Feirense: http://www.acorianooriental.pt/desporto/view/213753/

He's had a similar season to De Jong in that he was brought in with so much promise, then started injured and later had trouble cracking the starting line-up, but now is starting a making a real contribution.

Pacheco's situation may be advantageous come GC time. He may be fresher coming into the Gold Cup, yet with a string of regular starts under his belt. I think De Guzman was in a similar situation coming into GC 07 when most of his club starting time came in the second half of the season.

Archived