NASL On TV?

Shootmaster_44

With TFC and the Caps moving to TSN, I wonder if this means that GolTV or FSW Canada will show more NASL games? Actually with CBC seemingly dropping out of the TFC picture, it would be a good place for NASL games. Be nice to see some FCE games from out of town (aside from their games in Montreal).

GolTV Canada is owned by MLSE so I doubt that's an option.

Some teams live stream there games but don't expect much

The front office has confirmed that they will stream the away games. I seriously doubt there will be any kind of production value to them though.. If you caught the game against Miami FC last year, I'm expecting about the same. Wishing and hoping for at least a score at the bottom of the screen though. Last year I had the facebook page open for subs and score while watching the game.

Perhaps the local Shaw station might broadcast these games?

I know Vancouver's local Shaw station broadcast some Whitecaps games last season and we even caught them here in Calgary.

Shaw does a good job with WHL and Canadian University Football games so I'm sure the Edmonton matches could be a possibility.

Web streams were set up by the teams but mandated by the league.

What this meant was that some streams were really good (Vancouver), surprisingly good (Minnesota), watchable (Tampa Bay), unwatchable (Miami), or somehow even worse than unwatchable (Puerto Rico). Still, they did seem to improve as the season went on.

Don't count on GOLTV for anything Canadian; most of their content is Columbian league stuff in my experience.

What experience is that?

GolTV is very much TFC's channel, although they apparently want to make it more appealing to all Canadian club fans. The foreign stuff mostly consists of La Liga (plus Copa del Rey) and Bundesliga, with some Coppa Italia and Serie A thrown in.

They've also shown Copa Centroamerincana, Copa Libertadores, high-profile international friendlies, and (in the summer) the ESPN MLS Game of the Week.

There might be one Columbian league match on per week. ;)

Archived