Whitecaps single game tickets?

Danny Boy

^I'm not sure this is true. The Caps, Sounders and Timbers sat down and negotiated an away ticket allocation. I don't recall any such discussions with TFC. I agree that you should have a section, I just don't think it's up to the Caps alone deal with. Where is the TFC FO on the issue?

We've had several hundred Rider fans coming to Lions games for years with no segregation and no major issues. Though most out-of-town guests mind their P's & Q's once the enter the friendly confines of East Vancouver, I assure you.

Bahh.. Lots of the addicts on the street in East Van are from Ontario anyway... maybe some of the TFC fans will find missing relatives.... :)

Doesn't the TFC FO have somebody to sort this out on your behalf? Why would the Whitecaps go out of their way for you to come to our ground and support the away club?

How would TFC dictate how Vancouver sells their tickets?

Ultimately, it's up to the Whitecaps to sort out their shit. TFC can "liaise" all they want on behalf of us, but if the Caps choose to drag their asses on their end, there's really not much to be done.

And yes, every other MLS club has designated supporters sections, that didn't require negotiations with the other clubs to be established. TFC didn't need to sit down with the Caps FO and negotiate a section for travelling Whitecaps fans at BMO Field because it's standard practice for TFC to set aside the top half of section 104 for away support.

The answer is that we have to blame MLS for all of this. The league needs to have protocals for all teams to follow. They don't...so you get this. Anybody who did not book a flight to Vancouver because they didn't know where their seat in the stadium was going to be...well it is their loss.

I booked my flight to Philly and I have no clue what is going on for tickets. I'll figure that out when the ticket person gets back to me.

The answer is that we have to blame MLS for all of this. The league needs to have protocals for all teams to follow. They don't...so you get this. Anybody who did not book a flight to Vancouver because they didn't know where their seat in the stadium was going to be...well it is their loss.

I booked my flight to Philly and I have no clue what is going on for tickets. I'll figure that out when the ticket person gets back to me.

Well, this is a guaranteed sold out game.

There is no MLS game in the US I would remotely sweat over getting tickets to.

Going as an individual is one thing. Waiting endlessly until it's too late to do a group order is another.

For me it's more fundamental. We are trying to build a culture for the game here, this kind of thing doesn't help.

I'm sure you didn't have a Philly ticket guy tell you "off the record" to not bother making plans as there would be no space for you, like some TFC fans did when speaking to the Vancouvre ticket office.

P.S. While on that Philly trip, spend as little time in Chester as possible.

Archived