Whitecaps single game tickets?

Danny Boy

Thanks, Danny Boy. I'm heading out to Vancouver to see my new nephew. Being able to fit in an all-Canadian MLS game as well makes me very happy. Already have my tickets thanks to you.

No problem

does anyone have a seating chart with rows? I'd like to know if Row A starts at the top or the bottom (front row).

They are refusing to do a group order.

They have delayed so long most people have dropped going as people actually need to plan trips across the country in advance.

You need id and a name/address with each ticket that is not transferable and have to pick each ticket up at will call individually.

Mostly they have just left it so late, and it's not clear even at this point how to get tickets and it seems the tickets they will dole out will be spread all over, a very bad idea.

My frustration comes from the more basic level of thought that no Canadian fan willing to fly across the country wherever they are from should be subjected to crap. Collectively this cost people a lot of money as they had to buy tickets way way way later than they should have.

It's not acceptable and I would be just as pissed off no matter which group it was.

We are trying to grow the game in this country. Yet at every turn and every level the people involved in the game itself do everything they can to kill it.

They've also started selling tickets - in our supposed reserved section - to the general public. This despite the fact that they've instructed TFC supporters that they (or anyone else) will not be able to purchase tickets until "some time" today (Thursday, Feb. 24).

Some of us have just bought tickets on Ticketmaster. Most just dropped their plans altogether.

Doesn't the TFC FO have somebody to sort this out on your behalf? Why would the Whitecaps go out of their way for you to come to our ground and support the away club?

It's not called going out of your way, it's called thinking in advance.

Every club in the league (except Vancouver I guess) has a supporters section reserved for away fans, Toronto included. You reserve those seats so that you can put all of the away supporters there, for safety purposes. By making the section available to the general public, they're mixing in us with general fans. It's a security nightmare and whoever is running the show isn't thinking.

^I'm not sure this is true. The Caps, Sounders and Timbers sat down and negotiated an away ticket allocation. I don't recall any such discussions with TFC. I agree that you should have a section, I just don't think it's up to the Caps alone deal with. Where is the TFC FO on the issue?

We've had several hundred Rider fans coming to Lions games for years with no segregation and no major issues. Though most out-of-town guests mind their P's & Q's once the enter the friendly confines of East Vancouver, I assure you.

^I'm not sure this is true. The Caps, Sounders and Timbers sat down and negotiated an away ticket allocation. I don't recall any such discussions with TFC. I agree that you should have a section, I just don't think it's up to the Caps alone deal with. Where is the TFC FO on the issue?

We've had several hundred Rider fans coming to Lions games for years with no segregation and no major issues. Though most out-of-town guests mind their P's & Q's once the enter the friendly confines of East Vancouver, I assure you.

Yeah, this seems to work in other sports, but not soccer.

The supporters groups are organized entities, the away fans as individuals no matter how many they are, are not.

People in groups are more likely to do stupid things.

I think on some level the security would rather deal with 50 fights by individuals scattered about than one large group. Even though I see way less problems at soccer games than CFL or Hockey games. The big group scares the crap out of them cause of what appears to be possible.

If I had been a security guard for the last ten years doing all sorts of random sports, then all of a sudden an organized group of hostile sounding people 500 strong show up..... it might be pretty disturbing.

Archived