Greece v. Canada - Feb. 9, 2011 - Match Thread (R)

RS

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great first half from our boys.

After a few heavy challenges early the Greeks lost their appetite for the game in a big way. I wouldn't read too much into the scoreline at this point because their apprach would be very different if there were actually something at stake. 10 years ago under Holger Osieck there was a system and players of limited ability (Richard Hastings for example compare and contrast with Adam Straith) often played above themselves. In this game anything good that happens is down to individual players having a flash of near brilliance.

6). With 4 broadcast regions I HATE the fact this match isn't being broadcast live through the cable, however the stream has been very clean so-far for me and I like the fact it'll be on prime time tonight. So B- SportsNet with an "expecting improvement" written in red on the side bar.

7). Malta? Do we have Malta next month?

After a few heavy challenges early the Greeks lost their appetite for the game in a big way. I wouldn't read too much into the scoreline at this point because their apprach would be very different if there were actually something at stake. 10 years ago under Holger Osieck there was a system and players of limited ability (Richard Hastings for example compare and contrast with Adam Straith) often played above themselves. In this game anything good that happens is down to individual players having a flash of near brilliance.

Yes BringBackTheBlizzardopolous, that must be it - the Greeks aren't trying. Couldn't be that they're a bunch of skill-less neanderthals right?

6). With 4 broadcast regions I HATE the fact this match isn't being broadcast live through the cable, however the stream has been very clean so-far for me and I like the fact it'll be on prime time tonight. So B- SportsNet with an "expecting improvement" written in red on the side bar.

It's live on Sportsnet One

Your assertion that a team playing at home in front of a packed stadium is disinterested in the game is ludicrous though.

Especially one coming off a glorious 0-0 draw against Georgia at home last September and that has been described as being "diseased" by former players who quit on them.

Archived