CAN - GRE: Media Coverage

Toronto MB

I don't think we watched the same game .....

No?

I though Adrian Cann was the weak link at the back (although he did make one hell of a last ditch clearance didn't he?).

Considering Straith hasn't been getting minuted in Germany, and that he has virtually NEVER played left-back, I thought he did ok.

I liked Peters too, he's got some swagger on the ball. Jakovic was his steady self as always, still lacking a touch of pace for me though.

The last-ditch clearance you're probably thinking of was Jakovic, not Cann. Straith played very conservatively, which mostly kept him from getting burned, but he obviously botched the play on the goal and generally seemed timid. A far cry from his earlier appearances for the nats.

"Milan 'I am now Canadian' Borjan"

Feels like watching a kid in the candy store. This guy definitely puts a smile in my face...

That's the major story out of this match: the arrival of Milan Borjan. While everyone can be critical of the makeshift backline, or how Straith's error may have caused the result, or how both teams had less than A squads, the story for me was how Borjan stepped up. He probably had less than a weekend to meet his teammates, but had the right attitude; like when he moved up during stoppage time when we had a corner, just to add a bit more offense -- in a friendly. He wants to win, wearing Canadian colours --- exactly what we need.

Agreed. I hope very much that he continues to grow as a keeper and can be our keeper of the future, the next Craig Forrest so to speak. The guy is wearing his heart on his sleeve - right beside a Maple Leaf. Love the guy, can't wait to be in the stands behind him so we can sing for him.

Archived