U17 camp in the USA

loyola

Ok ! here it is! He did played for cameroon, a much more superior soccer/futbol nation than Canada then and now.

In the world cup he played as Benjamin massing or whatever his name was or is.

But now as patrick Tobo living a less dubious existence,he has continued to give his time and effort to help develop Ontario/Canadian soccer so who ever he is we should thank him.

Is he the most experienced coach in the U17 program with out a doubt. Is he one of the top coaches in Canada based on experience, and effectiveness. Yes!(also want to shout out "Sweet foot carlos Rivas" to bad you only have a B license) Ok back to Tobo, as far as I know there's no molestation charges against him, so I dont care if he's beelzebub this dude is a gift to Canadian soccer not a curse.

and Done!

So this is him?

Ok ! here it is! He did played for cameroon, a much more superior soccer/futbol nation than Canada then and now.

But now as patrick Tobo living a less dubious existence,he has continued to give his time and effort to help develop Ontario/Canadian soccer so who ever he is we should thank him.

Is he the most experienced coach in the U17 program with out a doubt. Is he one of the top coaches in Canada based on experience, and effectiveness. Yes!(also want to shout out "Sweet foot carlos Rivas" to bad you only have a B license) Ok back to Tobo, as far as I know there's no molestation charges against him, so I dont care if he's beelzebub this dude is a gift to Canadian soccer not a curse.

and Done!

How come Benjamin Massing is the president of the ligue départemental du football de la Sanaga Maritime in Cameroon? Note that the article are referring to him as a former participant of the 1990 WC.

http://www.lecamerounaisinfo.com/Football-dans-la-Sanaga-Maritime-C

http://www.camer-sport.be/index1.php?id=6717&act=8

and Done!

What molestation charges!?

How come Benjamin Massing is the president of the ligue départemental du football de la Sanaga Maritime in Cameroon? Note that the article are referring to him as a former participant of the 1990 WC.

http://www.lecamerounaisinfo.com/Football-dans-la-Sanaga-Maritime-C

http://www.camer-sport.be/index1.php?id=6717&act=8

Ya know, people need to accept that in this internet age you just can't pull a fast one anymore. I don't care if Tobo never played in a WC or even never played internationally for Cameroon, as long as he's a good coach he should be promoted to whatever level he maintains competency. That said, bury the rigged resume pronto before someone calls him on it - although that might be a little too late, we'll see.

So this is him?

as far as I know! thats him playing under massings name. African nations are known for document fraud in football so it not that far fetched. So in his mind he played in the world cup, but he failed to remeber he didnt play as himself. And far ass the real massing, I dont think he is complaining. He living off the avails.

Ok, i did some digging last night. I found this recent interview of Patrick Omer Nyamsi Tobo on a Belgian-hosted, Cameroonian sports website:

http://www.camer-sport.be/index1.php?id=6803&act=6

Mentions Tobo as a 2-time winner of the Cameroonian Cup with Canon de Yaounde and finalists two other times. Also mentions him as a former Canon de Yaounde teammate of former Cameroon international Francois Omam-Biyik (who was appointed asst. coach of the the Cameroon NT last August). This is telling because Omam-Biyik played in the 1990, 1994 and 1998 World Cups for Cameroon and was only at Canon de Yaounde in 1986-87 according to wiki. If they had played together for Cameroon in 1990 as Benjamin Massing (btw, Massing only played in 1 World Cup) did why make only mention of a lesser relationship?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player=174740/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_Omam-Biyik

It mentions that Tobo took part in the 1981 World Youth Champ. (U20 World Cup) for Cameroon. Here are the match reports:

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=191109/matches/match=30687/report.html

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=191109/matches/match=30689/report.html

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=191109/matches/match=30703/report.html

He played in all 3 games and is listed as Omer Nyamsi. That's where the picture of him posted by Redhat is from. Similar to this one (Tobo is #6 according to the reports, might be him on the left?)

nyamsitobbo448335.jpg

He also talks about the fact that he was one of 30 players training with the Sr. team in Germany in the lead up to the 1982 World Cup and how the older players talked about what it took to represent Cameroon. Later, the interviewer mentions that Tobo was training with the team and playing friendly matches prior to the WC and then didn't participate and asks why? Tobo replies that he got injured in training and had to give up his spot.

Then they talk about the 80th anniversary of Canon de Yaounde, the state of football in Cameroon and whether Tobo would be willing to coach in Cameroon. He says he'd like to volunteer his efforts for Cameroon one day and that he has asked Canada to establish a relationship with Cameroon to help build their sporting infrastructure. Mentions he's a member of ASC (Cameroonian Sporting Association) and spoke to the Cameroon FA President when he was last in Paris.

So what does it all mean? He's not Benjamin Massing, he didn't play in the World Cup, but he's still a former professional player and Cameroonian international who's a good coach and should probably clean up his resume. Also, it's incredible that he's the Asst. to Fleming who is nothing but a legacy/political appointment.

^ Wow, you're the Voyageurs' version of an investigator for the Fifth Estate. ;-) Great job, jpg75. I had an inkling about how some Africans have dual names (taking the surname of their mother, and first name of their father, etc.), but had no doubt he played for Cameroon at some capacity at some point.

Glad you pointed at the main fact: he's a former Cameroon international who's a good coach and has more credentials than some CSA-appointed political field marshals.

Ok, i did some digging last night. I found this recent interview of Patrick Omer Nyamsi Tobo on a Belgian-hosted, Cameroonian sports website:

http://www.camer-sport.be/index1.php?id=6803&act=6

Mentions Tobo as a 2-time winner of the Cameroonian Cup with Canon de Yaounde and finalists two other times. Also mentions him as a former Canon de Yaounde teammate of former Cameroon international Francois Omam-Biyik (who was appointed asst. coach of the the Cameroon NT last August). This is telling because Omam-Biyik played in the 1990, 1994 and 1998 World Cups for Cameroon and was only at Canon de Yaounde in 1986-87 according to wiki. If they had played together for Cameroon in 1990 as Benjamin Massing (btw, Massing only played in 1 World Cup) did why make only mention of a lesser relationship?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player=174740/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_Omam-Biyik

It mentions that Tobo took part in the 1981 World Youth Champ. (U20 World Cup) for Cameroon. Here are the match reports:

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=191109/matches/match=30687/report.html

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=191109/matches/match=30689/report.html

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=191109/matches/match=30703/report.html

He played in all 3 games and is listed as Omer Nyamsi. That's where the picture of him posted by Redhat is from. Similar to this one (Tobo is #6 according to the reports, might be him on the left?)

nyamsitobbo448335.jpg

He also talks about the fact that he was one of 30 players training with the Sr. team in Germany in the lead up to the 1982 World Cup and how the older players talked about what it took to represent Cameroon. Later, the interviewer mentions that Tobo was training with the team and playing friendly matches prior to the WC and then didn't participate and asks why? Tobo replies that he got injured in training and had to give up his spot.

Then they talk about the 80th anniversary of Canon de Yaounde, the state of football in Cameroon and whether Tobo would be willing to coach in Cameroon. He says he'd like to volunteer his efforts for Cameroon one day and that he has asked Canada to establish a relationship with Cameroon to help build their sporting infrastructure. Mentions he's a member of ASC (Cameroonian Sporting Association) and spoke to the Cameroon FA President when he was last in Paris.

So what does it all mean? He's not Benjamin Massing, he didn't play in the World Cup, but he's still a former professional player and Cameroonian international who's a good coach and should probably clean up his resume. Also, it's incredible that he's the Asst. to Fleming who is nothing but a legacy/political appointment.

Good research bud!. Thats alot more than I was ever told. And its good to know with maybe a cleaner resume he can play a bigger part in Canadian soccer, because he does care.

Canada selects roster for soccer CONCACAF Under-17 Championship Sunday, 13 February 2011 13:48 Written by Richard Scott 0 Comments Canada has announced its roster for the upcoming 2011 CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship. Coach Sean Fleming has selected 20 players that will travel on Sunday 13 February to Montego Bay, Jamaica for the confederation championship and FIFA U-20 World Cup qualifier.

"We feel we are ready and look forward to our first match," said national U-17 head coach Sean Fleming. "We know there are some great challenges ahead of us and we look forward to meeting them."

Every player selected has taken part in multiple national camps with coach Sean Fleming and his staff. This will be coach Fleming's second trip to the CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship, having taking part in the last championship in 2009.

Seventeen of Fleming's 20 selections have been to Montego Bay before. They were part of a two-match series against Jamaica's U-17 team on 31 October and 2 November. Canada and Jamaica split that series, with Canada winning 4:2 on Hallowe'en and Jamaica winning 1:0 two days later.

Coach Fleming's squad has taken part in seven international matches from 26 October to 11 February. Canada posted four wins and three losses, including a recent 1:0 victory over Guatemala on Friday 11 February. The Canadian U-17 squad also took part in the Tournoi International Paul Chillan last May. Canada won all three 60-minute matches to bring home the tournament trophy.

This year's CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship has been expanded from eight to 12 teams, so there are three teams in four separate groups. Canada must finish first or second in Group D to advance and face the second- or first-place team from Group C in the quarter-final phase. If Canada wins its quarter-final match, then it will qualify for the FIFA U-17 World Cup Mexico 2011.

Canada opens the 2011 CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship on Thursday 17 February against Barbados. Canada's second group match in Saturday 19 February against Honduras.

CANADA

1- GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

2- M- Samuel Piette | FRA / FC Metz

3- D- Adam Polakiewicz | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

4- D- Ismaïl Benomar | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

5- D- Daniel Stanese | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps Residency

6- D- Parker Seymour | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

7- D- Marco Lapenna | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

8- M- Bryce Alderson | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

9- F- Sadi Jalali | CAN / Edmonton Juventus

10- M- Keven Aleman | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

11- M- Chris Nanco | CAN / Sigma FC Academy

12- M- Matteo Pasquotti | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps Residency

13- D- Luca Gasparotto | CAN / Ajax Strikers

14- M- Shadrack Mmunga | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

15- F- Jordan Hamilton | CAN / Ajax SC

16- F- Jay Chapman | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

18- GK- Quillan Roberts | CAN / Brampton East

19- M- Wesley Cain | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

20- M- Michael Petrasso | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

21- M- Dylan Carreiro | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

CANADA A-Z | Birthyear | Hometown | Active first start in soccer

Alderson, Bryce | 1994 | Kitchener, ON, CAN | Kitchener SC

Aleman, Keven | 1994 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Toronto Spanish League

Benomar, Ismaïl | 1994 | Laval, QC, CAN | Laval Centre Sud

Cain, Wesley | 1994 | Guelph, ON, CAN | Quinndale Community Soccer

Carreiro, Dylan | 1995 | Winnipeg, MB, CAN | Clifton Community Club

Chapman, Jay | 1994 | Campbellford, ON, CAN | Brampton East SC

Crépeau, Maxime | 1994 | Candiac, QC, CAN | Ligue de soccer pour enfants de Candiac

Gasparotto, Luca | 1995 | Ajax, ON, CAN | Ajax SC

Hamilton, Jordan | 1996 | Scarborough, ON, CAN | North Scarborough SC

Jalali, Sadi | 1995 | Edmonton, AB, CAN | Millwoods SA

Lapenna, Marco | 1994 | Montréal, QC, CAN | Montréal North

Mmunga, Shadrack | 1994 | Québec, QC, CAN | Beauport

Nanco, Chris | 1995 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Malton

Pasquotti, Matteo | 1994 | Fort MacLeod & Lethbridge, AB, CAN | Lethbridge SA

Petrasso, Michael | 1995 | Woodbridge, ON, CAN | Kleinburg SC

Piette, Samuel | 1994 | Le Gardeur, QC, CAN | Lionceaux de le Gardeur

Polakiewicz, Adam | 1994 | Kitchener, ON, CAN | Kitchener SC

Roberts, Quillan | 1994 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Brampton Youth SC

Seymour, Parker | 1994 | Toronto, ON, CAN | North Toronto Soccer Association

Stanese, Daniel | 1994 | Pitt Meadows, BC, CAN | Coquitlam Metro Ford

CANADA

Head of Delegation / Chef de délegation : John Knox

Head Coach / Entraîneur-chef : Sean Fleming

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : Patrick Tobo

Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : Rob Gale

Goalkeer Coach / Entraîneur des gardiens : Djamel Laarabi

Video Coordinator / Vidéaste : Mark Parker

Team Manager / Gérant d'équipe : Daniel Michelucci

Doctor / Docteur : Dr. Randy Gregg

Athletic Therapist / Thérapeute du sport : Dwayne Laing

Athletic Therapist / Thérapeute du sport : Carlo Di Nardo

It looks like the last 3 cuts were:

GK- Xander Huggins | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

F- Yassin Essa | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

F- Omari Morris | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

The article notes that flemming was in charge at the '09 qualification tournament. I know we didn't qualify but what were our results? Curious to see if poor performances are being rewarded from a coaching standpoint at the CSA....

I'm truly ecstatic that Daniel Stanese got selected! Great accomplishment for him, our club and academy that help groomed him (CMF, Roman Tulis) and his wonderful family. Well done Daniel!

I'm shocked that Yassin didn't make it. He's exceptional. That's really too bad.

The article notes that flemming was in charge at the '09 qualifcation tournament. I know we didn't qualify but what were our results? Curious to see if poor performences are being rewarded from a coaching standpoint at the CSA....

In 2009, Canada drew their opener against Honduras 1-1 and then lost 4-2 to the US and 2-1 to Cuba.

• 6 months later...
I did some research 1 or 2 years ago and couldn't find anything about Tobo ever playing for Cameroon at any level. One thing is sure, like jpg75 just showed, Tobo never played in a WC.

Some journalist should get on top of that.

The photo in this discussion shows Tobo on the right, number 10...NOT on the left. He DID play in 2 world cups and he DID play for Cameroon. He has NEVER played under any other name as stated by another member who suggested he played under the name Massing. He IS a very talented, dedicated, honest coach that has an incredible resumé and so much to offer Canadian soccer for years to come.

The photo in this discussion shows Tobo on the right, number 10...NOT on the left. He DID play in 2 world cups and he DID play for Cameroon. He has NEVER played under any other name as stated by another member who suggested he played under the name Massing. He IS a very talented, dedicated, honest coach that has an incredible resumé and so much to offer Canadian soccer for years to come.

I have done research on this and presented my findings (that Patrick Omer Nyasi Tobo did not play in 2 World Cups, or 1 WC for that matter) on this site it complete with evidence, if what i presented is incorrect then refute it with hard facts. I would like to see your opinion backed up by hard evidence - links to match reports would be nice - which indicate Patrick Tobo played in 2 World Cups for Cameroon.

Archived