U-20 Camp in Florida

BackAgain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to wikipedia (I know, I know) we're in group B with Costa Rica and Guadeloupe. Not too shabby, the draw could've been much worse (see group A).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_CONCACAF_U-20_Championship

Good group we have to just have three solid games, we obviously expect a result against Guadeloupe we need to really not be complacent and get the job done because they are a good small football nation. Costa Rica could prove trouble they are the ones who stopped us from going to Egypt in 09 and they finished fourth in that tournament but we obviously have a talented team too even if our coach is questionable... that could turn out to be bad news

According to wikipedia (I know, I know) we're in group B with Costa Rica and Guadeloupe. Not too shabby, the draw could've been much worse (see group A).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_CONCACAF_U-20_Championship

If we and Mexico can finish first in our respectives groups this would mean a quarterfinal game against T&T or Cuba which I think is the best possibility among the 3 others groups.

Good group we have to just have three solid games, we obviously expect a result against Guadeloupe we need to really not be complacent and get the job done because they are a good small football nation. Costa Rica could prove trouble they are the ones who stopped us from going to Egypt in 09 and they finished fourth in that tournament but we obviously have a talented team too even if our coach is questionable... that could turn out to be bad news

Costa Rica have an atypically weak group of kids this cycle. They lost the playoff for the final CA spot to El Salvador and are only here because ES were disqualified for fielding an ineligible player. We HAVE to win this group, anything else will be an epic failure.

Not a bad draw. But how are Guadalupe playing in this tournament? Is it like the GC where the can play but not advance to a Fifa event, or can they legitimatley qualify to the U-20 wc?

They can't qualify I guess if they make the quarters whoever they play will automatically qualify

And jpg I didn't know that, I've been disappointed with many of our results so far for this team and I think Gazzola needs to be blamed and I have no faith in him but hey the players play the game hopefully their talent comes through even without Nicholas Lindsay this is still a team with many good players

Meantime, T&T U-20s fall 1-0 to Canada

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 footballers suffered a 1-0 loss to Canada's men's U-20 team in a Friendly match in Sunrise, Fort Lauderdale on Thursday.

John Pegg scored the winner 73rd minute after a good play by Russell Teibert. Teibert released Coulton Jackson who broke in down the right side and beat the goalkeeper, but didn't beat the left post. Pegg collected the ball and slammed it into the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.

Both teams are scheduled to face off again on Friday. T&T went into the game after arriving in FL the previous evening.

“It’s not a bad performance by us. Okay we lost but it was important to play the game. We arrived the previous day and we went straight into training and then the match. I think this is a crucial part of our preparations for the tournament in Guatemala and I’m looking forward to the next game,” T&T head coach Zoran Vranes told TTFF Media.

"It was a good result today," said Canadian national coach Valerio Gazzola. "The players earned the victory."

Joe Public midfielder Marcus Joseph captained the team with regular skipper Sheldon Bateau away on trial with Sporting Kansas while Joevin Jones and Shahdon Winchester are also on trial with Colorado Rapids.

Vranes made eight substitutions at the half plus a ninth change early in the second half. North American invitees goalkeepers Greg Ranjitsingh and Stefan Berkely, midfielder sMalcolm Manswell and Kester Guichard as well as Ryan Mcleod were also in the squad.

Joining the squad for training in two weeks will be midfielder Daniel Carr of the Reading FC Academy and Canadian based duo Skylar Thomas, a defender and another Canadian-based defender Rudy James. (Feb 10,2011)

Skylar Thomas played for the Canadian under 18 national team in Costa Rica less than a month ago.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4639

Archived