Canada-Belarus March 29th

Blackdude

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dobson with an update:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011/03/27/dobson_blog_canada/

"...Head coach Stephen Hart called in 22 players for this camp. They're all here and no one is carrying an injury.

Some of you have been wondering why certain players have not been called in. Marcel de Jong and Iain Hume come to mind. No big mystery there. He knows what these players bring to the table.

Keep in mind coach Hart has to pick his spots when requesting players. Also keep in mind there will be another camp in the Toronto area in late May and a friendly at BMO Field June 1 leading into this summer's Gold Cup."

"...Back to the good news though. The sessions have been very impressive. Assistant coach Tony Fonseca told me Sunday morning that Saturday's training session was the sharpest he had seen with Canada in five years. The players are focused and it shows. Crisp drills with plenty of energy.

The squad has been here the better part of a week now and they're all anxious to face Belarus Tuesday. There's also a sense among the likes of Josh Simpson and Atiba Hutchinson that their time is now. They seem to be fed up with stumbling during the early stages of World Cup Qualifying and appear determined to make things right this time around.

22 players, did I miss something? I count 18 players in the press release....

Dobson with an update:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011/03/27/dobson_blog_canada/

"...Head coach Stephen Hart called in 22 players for this camp. They're all here and no one is carrying an injury.

Some of you have been wondering why certain players have not been called in. Marcel de Jong and Iain Hume come to mind. No big mystery there. He knows what these players bring to the table.

Keep in mind coach Hart has to pick his spots when requesting players. Also keep in mind there will be another camp in the Toronto area in late May and a friendly at BMO Field June 1 leading into this summer's Gold Cup."

"...Back to the good news though. The sessions have been very impressive. Assistant coach Tony Fonseca told me Sunday morning that Saturday's training session was the sharpest he had seen with Canada in five years. The players are focused and it shows. Crisp drills with plenty of energy.

The squad has been here the better part of a week now and they're all anxious to face Belarus Tuesday. There's also a sense among the likes of Josh Simpson and Atiba Hutchinson that their time is now. They seem to be fed up with stumbling during the early stages of World Cup Qualifying and appear determined to make things right this time around.

Finally, everything I wanted to hear.

Is that Andrew Kliment's dad? I used to check out bigsoccer.com every now and then but I can't because his posts drive me nuts.

He's still ruining the Canada boards. I petition for him to be banned as often as he breaks a rule, and sometimes for fun.

Recently I've taken to pointing out that Andrew Kliment isn't on the latest U-20 roster, and asking why he's so terrible at soccer...it adds colour to my day.

He's still ruining the Canada boards. I petition for him to be banned as often as he breaks a rule, and sometimes for fun.

Recently I've taken to pointing out that Andrew Kliment isn't on the latest U-20 roster, and asking why he's so terrible at soccer...it adds colour to my day.

He still lurks on twitter and on CBC.ca as soccerrules. Why was he banned on this forum anyways?

I generally make inquiries about Praha B...he never answers for some reason.

I generally make inquiries about Praha B...he never answers for some reason.

Frankly, I feel bad for his son. Any progress the kid might make in his career will be hampered until he's an adult, and maybe even then. His dad harasses everybody, I imagine foreign coaches get it too. I wouldn't deal with that, and it happens here with hockey parents all the time, too.

Frankly, I feel bad for his son. Any progress the kid might make in his career will be hampered until he's an adult, and maybe even then. His dad harasses everybody, I imagine foreign coaches get it too. I wouldn't deal with that, and it happens here with hockey parents all the time, too.

I feel bad for Andrew too, but Miro is off the hook.

He still lurks on twitter and on CBC.ca as soccerrules. Why was he banned on this forum anyways?

Mostly for spamming and abuse and constantly going off-topic to beat his favourite dead horse.

He was given a number of warnings, none of which he took heed of. He was also only suspended for a certain amount of time but started up his act again when the suspension was lifted. You can only try to get someone to conform to forum etiquette for so long before you have to give up. His presence was far too disruptive.

So currently Canada is in 8th, and we should maintain that 8th position, assuming everything is constant with the other teams ahead of us in CONCACAF. Don't know what that means for us in the WCQ First Round groups...

Nothing, because we won't be in the top 6 and we could still get in a tough second round group. (Remember the past two Semi-final rounds) At the last two draws, There was no difference in CONCACAF between being 7th and being 12th. Let's hope they change that part of the draw.

Nothing, because we won't be in the top 6 and we could still get in a tough second round group. (Remember the past two Semi-final rounds) At the last two draws, There was no difference in CONCACAF between being 7th and being 12th. Let's hope they change that part of the draw.

The setup is different this time around. 1st Group Round with Minnows, with the first place team from each group advancing to the 2nd Group Round. Then the top 2 advance to the Hex. Being in 8th might mean having Canada seeded in the First Group Round, meaning a potentially easier group than we might otherwise get.

Archived