Canada-Belarus March 29th

Blackdude

http://www.op-online.de/sport/kickers-offenbach/haas-schiesst-kickers-halbfinale-1163870.html

I think this article says that OO has declined an invitation for the game in Antalya.

The translation I pulled up reads as follows:

"For the game on Saturday against Koblenz Gerstner can revert to Olivier Occean, his muscle problem has been largely overcome. The best scorer with twelve goals Offenbacher time waiting in vain for an invitation to Canada's national team for the game next week against Belarus in Antalya. "

Reads to me like he wasn't even called up.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The translation I pulled up reads as follows:

"For the game on Saturday against Koblenz Gerstner can revert to Olivier Occean, his muscle problem has been largely overcome. The best scorer with twelve goals Offenbacher time waiting in vain for an invitation to Canada's national team for the game next week against Belarus in Antalya. "

Reads to me like he wasn't even called up.

That's ok with me as long as Gerba is there.

OO didn't do much of anything against Greece, so I think Hart has perhaps made his mind up about him for the time being.

Apart for the first 10 min OO was pretty good in the build up for us against Greece. He didn't have one chance but that's due to the service and Greece defense.

If you look at both half of the game I think Friend was easily less effective of both strikers. I hope Hart hasn't settle in choosing Friend.

The roster will be announced tomorrow.

Here are my 13 other guys. I think we have too many forwards on mine. Would like to see Kluka back, but I don't know if it's going to happen. What other CB options do we have??

Milan Borjan

Kevin McKenna

Adam Straith

Jaime Peters

Marcel de Jong

Nik Ledgerwood

Patrice Bernier

Atiba Hutchinson

Issey Nakajima-Farran

Josh Simpson

Simeon Jackson

Iain Hume

Ali Gerba

I'm trying to understand the last paragraph. I think it's talking about the "I have a man crush on Milan Borjan" post on the Voyageurs (Talking about Canadian official website or something like that), but I can't understand the translation in English or French.

I'm trying to understand the last paragraph. I think it's talking about the "I have a man crush on Milan Borjan" post on the Voyageurs (Talking about Canadian official website or something like that), but I can't understand the translation in English or French.

Apparently there was a survey or vote. It probably was that thread. Remove the cap of = Hats off to Borjan in Canada

Roster is out

1- GK- Lars Hirschfeld | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball

2- D- Jaime Peters | ENG / Ipswich Town FC

3- M- Mike Klukowski | TUR / MKE Ankaragücü

4- CB- Kevin McKenna | GER / FC Köln

5- D- André Hainault | USA / Houston Dynamo

6- M- Pedro Pacheco | POR / CD Santa Clara

7- D- Paul Stalteri | GER / Borussia Monchengladbach

8- M- Will Johnson | USA / Real Salt Lake

9- F- Rob Friend | GER / Hertha BSC

10- M- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Norwich City FC

11- M- Josh Simpson | TUR / Vestel Manisaspor

12- CB- Adam Straith | GER / FC Energie Cottbus

13- M- Atiba Hutchinson | NED / PSV Eindhoven

14- D- David Edgar | ENG / Burnley FC

15- DF- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / SV Wehen Wiesbaden

16- M/F- Tosaint Ricketts | ROM / FC Politehnica Timiþoara

17- M- Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgault | GER / SC Preußen Münster

22- GK- Milan Borjan | SRB / FK Rad

Yup, I started a new thread to talk about the roster.

So any word on viewing parties in Toronto for this match?
According to BBC website, the game time is 16:00 GMT. 12-noon Eastern. I'm not seeing anything on Sportsnet's schedule - though I guess that doesn't mean much.

Any indication if it's going to be broadcast?

According to BBC website, the game time is 16:00 GMT. 12-noon Eastern. I'm not seeing anything on Sportsnet's schedule - though I guess that doesn't mean much.

Any indication if it's going to be broadcast?

From what I've read, it won't be. Dobson said on Twitter that There isn't a host feed and it's too expensive for them to send a TV team in Turkey.

I'd check if a Belarussian TV station is broadcasting it.

As far as I know, players began arriving in Antalya on Monday. Have there been any articles/stories yet?

Also, I checked the odds the other day on bwin. Belarus were favourites while Canada was paying something like 4.7-1. If these move in a big way before the match, it's time to get suspicious.

Yes, according to the website below they are streaming a bunch of the upcoming friendlies, many of them tomorow (friday) so I will check to see how and where to access the streams from the fifa site

http://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/fifa/

EDIT : I can't find anywhere on fifa.com a stream to any of the games today, but that site is difficult to navigate, perhaps someone else will have better luck.

Dobson with an update:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011/03/27/dobson_blog_canada/

"...Head coach Stephen Hart called in 22 players for this camp. They're all here and no one is carrying an injury.

Some of you have been wondering why certain players have not been called in. Marcel de Jong and Iain Hume come to mind. No big mystery there. He knows what these players bring to the table.

Keep in mind coach Hart has to pick his spots when requesting players. Also keep in mind there will be another camp in the Toronto area in late May and a friendly at BMO Field June 1 leading into this summer's Gold Cup."

"...Back to the good news though. The sessions have been very impressive. Assistant coach Tony Fonseca told me Sunday morning that Saturday's training session was the sharpest he had seen with Canada in five years. The players are focused and it shows. Crisp drills with plenty of energy.

The squad has been here the better part of a week now and they're all anxious to face Belarus Tuesday. There's also a sense among the likes of Josh Simpson and Atiba Hutchinson that their time is now. They seem to be fed up with stumbling during the early stages of World Cup Qualifying and appear determined to make things right this time around.

Archived