Canada-Belarus March 29th

Blackdude

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google translated from Belarus FA website

Chief national coach Bernd Strange has announced the list of players due to participate in the qualifying round of the championship match of Euro 2012 qualifier against Albania, which will be held March 26 in Tirana, and in a friendly against Canada, which will be held March 29 in Antalya (Turkey).

Goalkeepers: Yuri Zhevnov (Zenit St Petersburg), Anton Amelchenko (Lokomotiv Moscow), Sergei Veremko (Sevastopol, Ukraine)

Defenders: Igor ****ov, Aleksandr Yurevich (both - BATE Borisov), Sergei Sosnowski ("Tom, Tomsk, Russia), Maxim Zhavnerchik (Kuban Krasnodar), Alexander Martynovich (Krasnodar, Russia), Sergei Omelyanchuk (Terek , Grozny), Dmitry Molosh (Soviet Wings, Samara), Dennis Polyakov (Shakhtar Soligorsk).

Midfielders: Aleksandr Kulchy (Krasnodar, Russia), Sergei Kislyak (Rubin Kazan), Jan Tigorev ("Tom", Tomsk), Alexander Bychenok (Dynamo Minsk), Sergei Kryvets (Lech, Poznan, Poland ), Anton Putilo (Freiburg, Germany), Alexander Hleb (Birmingham, England), Maxim Bordachev (BATE Borisov), Vyacheslav Hleb (Dynamo Minsk).

Forwards: Vitaly Kutuzov (Bari, Italy), Leonid Kovel (Dynamo Minsk).

To participate in a friendly against Canada, also called Timothy Kalachev (Rostov, Rostov-on-Don) and Sergei Kornilenko (Blackpool, England).

http://www.bff.by/news/1722.html

Getting a bit nervous about this match being fixed. Neither us nor Belarus are going to be any kind of draw for fans in Antalya, meaning it could be another Estonia - Bulgaria friendly situation (nothing but penalties called, 6 officials indicted).

Interesting tidbit about the CSA's desire to set up a friendly for June 1st. I hope we choose a nation like El Salvador or, even better, Costa Rica, for that one. We'll need to get in a game against familiar opponents to what we'll come up against in the Gold Cup. Maybe even a nation like Cuba would be good as a prep match-up.

Interesting tidbit about the CSA's desire to set up a friendly for June 1st. I hope we choose a nation like El Salvador or, even better, Costa Rica, for that one. We'll need to get in a game against familiar opponents to what we'll come up against in the Gold Cup. Maybe even a nation like Cuba would be good as a prep match-up.

If they do get a match on the June date, I'd love to see it played in Canada somewhere.

Edgar's apparently been called up: http://the11.ca/2011/03/14/edgar-acknowledges-call-up-for-belarus-friendly/

sounds like Peters too: "Don't worry you get to see me soonn woohooo hahaha" (apparently in reply to Edgar): http://twitter.com/Peters_87

Probably going to be really close to the roster for the Greece match

Guys who weren't at Greece who should be there: Hume (please?), Klukowski, De Jong, McKenna, Bernier. It would be nice to see Gerba in Belarus but who knows if any NA players are even going to be called. Matt Lam should be given a call, his club isn't playing so it would be nice to keep him match fit and it definitely wouldn't hurt to have another central mid.

Is Montreal playing any right now? I can't imagine Gerba has any serious commitments that could keep him away right now, so if he's been active, why not?

Didn't realize their season didn't start until the 9th, he should be called

Grenada are ranked 10th in CONCACAF right now so it's easy ranking points if we can pull off the win..and there's no guarantee of that, if they're using the GC to prepare for WCQ they might bring Shalrie Joseph and Jason Roberts.

Good, I'm glad RSL lets Johnson come to all of our matches they can definitely afford too they are a great team.

Good on Hart for going to see him in person is that why he got his first 90 of the season? Either way thats what we need to be seeing from our manager, it would be cool to know how Hart rated him as I'm guessing he'll be one of the guys on the fence for the Gold Cup.

...I think this article says that OO has declined an invitation for the game in Antalya.

I ran the article through an online translator and got the impression that olivier didn't get called (rather than turned it down) -- "...waited this time in vain for an invitation to the national team of Canada..."

In any case, you're correct, he's not going to Turkey.

Archived