Does anyone want to buy the Carolina Railhawks logo and trademark?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/gms/2182874802.html

And a blow-out on everything Railhawks related. This makes me sad, very sad. They had the best soccer logo that I have seen in a long time. It wasn't quite a damn shield or a freaking euro name, and it had some sense to the history of Cary, North Carolina. I would have liked to see the named sold to the next ownership group. If we get an F.C. Carolina, then I will put a hole through a brick wall like Hulk.

Also they could market well, and their local media actually wrote real articles about them.

Did I say they could market well? Did I mention that PMI marketed C.P. Baltimore to the lowest attended team, and F.C. Tampa Bay to a whopping three thousand! I talked to someone at F.C. Edmonton, and the only thing he said that gave me pause or something I disagreed with, was that an American company like PMI would be better than any Canadian one. I didn't say anything, in fact this is the first time I ever mentioned it.

So I doubt the sale is real, but: Why isn't the NASL (or at the least Traffic) all over this? Wouldn't they want to gain a brand that is recognizable? I understand that Carolina has seens a substantial decrease in attendance, but at least it would be an institution that people down there would know.

Also about PMI, I was initially excited about the marketing (just because FCE hadn't really been doing anything to that point). Now I'm not so sure, and I'm still optomistic, but I think a Canadian company could be doing the same thing. This isn't rocket science, and obviously there are plenty of Canadian sports teams that have created a very excited, dedicated fan base.

The end of the saga is described on the IMS blog:

http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2011/02/02/carolina-team-will-be-new-entity-nasl-wins-ebay-auction-for-railhawks-name/

The NASL's Carolina team for 2011 is a new entity in legal terms but they won the ebay auction for the Railhawks name and still hope to be able to use it this summer.

Archived