I want to play soccer again (Edmonton & area)

I used to live in Edmonton and they have a good structure there

Try http://www.edsa.org/

They have a rec league, or even try the lowest division and try out. Look for the "team seeking players" list

Have fun!...I've just hung up my boots this year

Thank you for responding Raven.

I emailed them last week and have had no reply, plus that site has very little information for adult rec soccer. I hope they still get back to me, but if anyone on these forums already plays in an Edmonton league and knows specifics as to who exactly I can talk to that would be great as well.

Was just about to say this... I play dodgeball on Wednesday nights in the Rec league. Its good fun, not overly competative. Soccer usually starts up after this "season" or so. Never played it with the ESSC but I've always been impressed with their organization. Plus they have good sponsors... If you have two membership cards with two players, you get a free plate of chicken wings at Hudsons, and drumettes at the Brewhouse. Also, you gain a real appreciation for $4 pint night (which does include Guinness by the way) at The Pint.

Was just about to say this... I play dodgeball on Wednesday nights in the Rec league. Its good fun, not overly competative. Soccer usually starts up after this "season" or so. Never played it with the ESSC but I've always been impressed with their organization. Plus they have good sponsors... If you have two membership cards with two players, you get a free plate of chicken wings at Hudsons, and drumettes at the Brewhouse. Also, you gain a real appreciation for $4 pint night (which does include Guinness by the way) at The Pint.

You know the interesting thing about this, is that I figured soccer would help me get in better shape and not obese.

Don't believe it man... I figured the same thing about dodgeball (which is actually pretty intense) and I think I ended up gaining weight... Probably had something to do with going out afterwards and drinking a whole pitcher to myself... My wife has pictures of her drinking straight from a pitcher when they ran out of schooner glasses.

Archived