David (Junior) Hoilett will he be with our National Team or Jamaica?

Ekchuah

Agreed. Again, as I suggested before, if Junior's brother has positive CSA experiences, there is no reason to believe Junior will select Jamaica over us and there just is no room in the English team for him.

While all true, professional athletes generally don't have people surrounding them giving them the truth, most people giving athletes advice are yes men and jock sniffers telling them they are the best and can do anything. I would bet people giving Junior advice are telling him he can make England and be a star

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it was a sneaky individual effort too.

He has world class pace on the ball, he rounded the keeper with ease and still had to make a tidy finish

Uhhhh he would be unreal on our right wing, him and Simpson would terrorize full backs

Perhaps our dreams come true and Junior et al convert to the good side... how would our team look like?

-------------Hume----------------

---Simpson - de Guzman - Hoilett----

-----Hutchinson - de Guzman--------

Klukowski - McKenna - Jakovic - Hainault

-----------Fernandes---------------

How exactly is Hoilett eligible to play for USA?

He's not - a guy from yanks abroad called Hoilett Senior and asked him and it was confirmed. I posted a link to his twitter a couple days ago on page 15 in this thread. Good news for us I guess - I imagine his camp must have thought he had eligibility through some relative and had it shot down, otherwise it was just out of thin air.

DeGuz with a brilliant goal last night for Mallorca to take the lead against Sevilla. The commentators (this was on DSTV, but I assume British) were having a bit of a chat noting that he was still eligible to play for Canada. He was looking very strong.

DeGuz with a brilliant goal last night for Mallorca to take the lead against Sevilla. The commentators (this was on DSTV, but I assume British) were having a bit of a chat noting that he was still eligible to play for Canada. He was looking very strong.

He isn't eligible for us anymore

I thought I read somewhere he had to give up his Canadian passport, and hence would be in a Nsaliwa-like situation, except worse, as he has never been capped by us.

I think that because de Guzman was born in Canada he's eligible to play for us until he's cap-tied to another country. It doesn't matter if he has a valid Canadian passport or not. Making CMNT players have a valid Canadian passport might just be CSA policy so that it's easier for them to make travel arrangements for the players. Although I can't imagine Marc Bircham or Pedro Pacheco had Canadian passports when they first suited up for us!

He says he gave up his passport to get a Dutch passport. If that's the case he cannot play in an official game for us until he gets a new Canadian passport. Since he was born in Canada it's just a formality and he should have a new passport in 4-6 weeks of the date he applies for it.

He would also have to sign the FIFA papers to switch since he did play for Holland in an official competition at the youth level.

Archived