David (Junior) Hoilett will he be with our National Team or Jamaica?

Ekchuah

While I see the irony there, and I usually would laugh about something like it, the laughter quickly devolves into sobbing...

...horrible, violent sobs....

Selfishness at its best, don't get me wrong I love the boyz that choose to wear the shirt without hesitation. But we can sure use more quality to match all of our heart and desire and that has always been Canada's achilles heel "Quality". player(s) that are just going to turn the opposition inside out on any given day.

That being said our program is on the rise and has alot more marketing potential, so for Canadian born Hoilett(stress Canadian) to choose Jamaica pretty much a novelty brand(despite ranking) over Canada where he could potentially end up on Corn flakes boxes(if he keeps up form ofcourse!) he would be foolish.

If Ferruccio Lamborghini did'nt think he could make bigger of an impact on the world than Enzo Ferrari. He would still be making Tractors!!!;)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But also to play for Jamaica he'd be giving up the opportunity to play with his brother which has gotta factor in. I really don't think Jamaica is an option for him career wise or personally.

I dont know! Cain slew able and Jonathan **** on Julian I think its a bit overrated the whole brother thing especially for this current bunch we seem to be producing. No character!

I dont know! Cain slew able and Jonathan **** on Julian I think its a bit overrated the whole brother thing especially for this current bunch we seem to be producing. No character!

But you can't compare those two situations Junior has been living with his brother for a long time Jonathan was living in a completely different country than Julian.

The reggae boyz have had a sparse Hoilett thread going since Nov 2008.

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=114554.

At times I could have sworn I was reading our postings by mistake. Here's my favourite comment and response:

Cho, we won't loose sleep over him; my advice to him The R'Boyz on the rise, be a part of it or we'll be leaving you and Canada behind.

We stock at forwards anyway and we won't miss a beat if yu dwo choose the R'Boyz.

I don't see how him will choose R'Boyz over Canada the place of his birth. Unless there's an innate connection to Jamaica I don't see him coming to us....

That's what everyone said about Teal Bunbury before he decided to play for the U.S. Bunbury did live in the U.S. for some time, but he is still fully Canadian in blood and simply decided to play for the U.S. presumably because their future looks more promising (in general and for him, personally). Obviously, they are somewhat different situations, but Holiett actually has some Jamaican blood in him, and as we said, JA looks to be on the rise, Canada doesn't. Still agree he'll probably end up playing for Canada, but you never know until you know.

At times I could have sworn I was reading our postings by mistake. Here's my favourite comment and response:

Cho, we won't loose sleep over him; my advice to him The R'Boyz on the rise, be a part of it or we'll be leaving you and Canada behind.

We stock at forwards anyway and we won't miss a beat if yu dwo choose the R'Boyz.

I don't see how him will choose R'Boyz over Canada the place of his birth. Unless there's an innate connection to Jamaica I don't see him coming to us....

That's what everyone said about Teal Bunbury before he decided to play for the U.S. Bunbury did live in the U.S. for some time, but he is still fully Canadian in blood and simply decided to play for the U.S. presumably because their future looks more promising (in general and for him, personally). Obviously, they are somewhat different situations, but Holiett actually has some Jamaican blood in him, and as we said, JA looks to be on the rise, Canada doesn't. Still agree he'll probably end up playing for Canada, but you never know until you know.

As I have understood it Bunbury was born in Canada but lived most his life in the US (from 2 or something young). We should'nt be arguing about where someone blood lies, becuase then we would'nt have many players to form a team if everyone followed their "blood". I'm not happy Bunbury played for us at youth level, or his comments to the media. But he did live in the US for most of his life, and all his friends are probably american and he plays in the USA and went to school there. So I can accept him wanting to represent the US, I don't like it but we cant use the same arguments for why we want people to play for us then complete reverse that whenever it serves our purpose.

Junior now has a bit more competition, with Rovers signing Jermaine Jones and Roque Santa Cruz on loan, and picking up Barça B striker Rochina, who is 19. The first two we all know, they are likely to sit Junior a bit more. I have seen Rochina play and I am a bit surprised by the move, he is no killer, though he is skilled and can play for the team, and his deal is for 4 years. So he's a young project, like Hoillet.

I think Junior will have trouble getting more minutes this year with all this competition, as Blackburn push for a UEFA spot, which appears to be their goal. Still would like to see him on our side.

Are you f*cking kidding me?

^ I saw that too. Whenever I've gotten really bored and decide to creep the Reggaeboyz forum, I'm really blown away about how good they think Jamaica is.

Well just read some of the posts there and it's clear what the average IQ over there is. We are lucky to live in this country wadda dem boyz gwan du

Since when did blood start carrying a passport? If Bunbury has lived in the US most of his life, I have no qualms with him choosing the USA. The main problem with him is lying in interviews about wanting to play for Canada. As for Hoilett, he has never lived in Jamaica so there is absolutely no reason for them even to be in consideration. He has greater legitimate ties to England.

You really think he's willing to sit out the 2014 World Cup cycle so he might have a shot at playing for a side that hasn't had a legit shot at the World Cup since the 60s?

Not entirely. But I think he is waiting to see if he gets any attention at all by the England brass. I think he will wait it out until he is sure he is not in their plans. I don't think he has any intention of playing for Jamaica. Just my opinion, of course.

I honestly think he will be a Canada player. Stephen Hart was saying how he was just saying "Just give me time coach" to Hart.

We've seen guys be far more committal to Canada then this and go the other way. I mean I was so certain Bunbury would chose Canada... point is I'm not going to get too excited about this guy until he is cap tied.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just a thought I want to throw out there. I was pondering about Mr. Hoilett today and decided to visit his/his brother's website. On there I found an email address to his advisor who is his father. My question is: Would it be worth it for us to send a a bunch of emails about how we want Junior to play for Canada and how he could be the extra piece that puts us into the World Cup? Any thoughts on this? Would it be too much like begging, or would it be good to show some support for him?

BTW, the email is:

JJDsports2008@hotmail.com

Hey, just a thought I want to throw out there. I was pondering about Mr. Hoilett today and decided to visit his/his brother's website. On there I found an email address to his advisor who is his father. My question is: Would it be worth it for us to send a a bunch of emails about how we want Junior to play for Canada and how he could be the extra piece that puts us into the World Cup? Any thoughts on this? Would it be too much like begging, or would it be good to show some support for him?

Don't waste your time! He knows what the situation is and what an impact he would make and Hart has made it perfectly clear he wants him! We don't need to beg anyone to play for us, they either want to or they don't and history has shown that if they are hesitant to commit, they're not going to! I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he'll play for us! (FWIW I thought Greece would beat us 4-0)

Archived