Wow! New member, excited!

Lovethegame!

Hi all, I have been, and am an absolute die hard soccer fan my whole life, I enjoy soccer from all over the world, all leagues from the top down to the PDL. I have just come across this site, and am super excited at discussing everything, especially Canadian content with everyone!

Maybe with my first post - I would love to hear what everyone's first 11 would be with the National Team for the upcoming WC Campaign as it stands now...

Hi all, I have been, and am an absolute die hard soccer fan my whole life, I enjoy soccer from all over the world, all leagues from the top down to the PDL. I have just come across this site, and am super excited at discussing everything, especially Canadian content with everyone!

Maybe with my first post - I would love to hear what everyone's first 11 would be with the National Team for the upcoming WC Campaign as it stands now...

Welcome.

My first XI

---------Occean---------

Simpson-----------Peters

--------JDG--Hutchinson-

---------Dunfield---------

Klukowski--McKenna--Jakovic---Pozniak

-----------Hirschfeld-----------

Rest of Squad:

12: Milan Borjan

13: Robert Stillo

14: Attakora

15: Straith

16: Hainault

17: Bernier

18: JBB

19: De Jong

20: Johnson

21: Jackson

22: Hume

23: Ricketts

Interesting.. I like Occean for sure! Where is Hastings playing now? Is he without a Club? You really think Dunfield is good enough to anchor the midfield? And Pozniak over Peters at right back, and Stalteri? I don't rate Pozniak very high.. I would have Stalteri at right back.

What would be your squad of 23? What depth would you bring?

Interesting.. I like Occean for sure! Where is Hastings playing now? Is he without a Club? You really think Dunfield is good enough to anchor the midfield? And Pozniak over Peters at right back, and Stalteri? I don't rate Pozniak very high.. I would have Stalteri at right back.

What would be your squad of 23? What depth would you bring?

Sorry, wasn't supposed to be Hastings, was supposed to be McKenna. Hastings has retired.

Pozniak and Peters are the only two people getting minutes at the Right back position, and Pozniak performed well there this year in Norway's top division. It seems when he isn't being shuffled around all the time, he can specialize and be quite the player at the right back position. I bumped Peters up the pitch so we could have some attacking strength (and fill the gap) on the forward right position.

Squad of 23 requires more though.

---------------Gerba------------------

Simpson---------------------Hume/Jackson

------Hutchinson------Johnson----------

--------------De Guzman-----------------

Klukowski---Jakovic---McKenna---Straith/Attakora

---------------Hirschfeld-------------------------

Right side is still up in the air for me here are my 5 subs since I used 13 guys

Borjan, Friend, De Jong, Bernier, Hainault

Yes that is what I figured.. What about Will Johnson on the right? or dare I saw Dro? and have Peters getting forward from right back.. I just never see an end product from Peters.. drives me nuts! Great potential though, and you can't teach pace!

I would definitely love to see Edgar involved, Hoilett needs to be in the first 11 now with his emergence.. and I really like straith.. the center back position for the first time almost seems like we have a lot of depth! Mckenna, jakovic, Hainault, Edgar, Straith, Nana Atakora etc. Not bad! strikers though eh.. could be an issue.. If Occean is on, being a big stronger target man with a Hoilet and Jackson, or Hume playing off him, with JDG, Hutchison, and another center midfielder (ugh, can't really think of one? is Dunfield legit?) .. I think we are solid! I am so excited for it to get started... how is Hirchsfelds attitude lately?

keegan! busted out the Gerba! Love it... hahha. If you look at his strike rate for Canada, its not bad! and for MTL.. goals are goals right? why not.. is his attitude really that bad?? We we know?

seems like Simpson rated highly so far on this board.. what a change eh? when he went to MIllwall, and was not even close to ready, etc.. thought he would fall off the map.. good for him to fight back..

So sorry again to everyone for being so enquisitive, but what is the voyageur site meaning? I understand its a Canadian soccer following? I have always been a massive fan, but just am never around other people who take the national team (ours anyway) so seriously.. I love it! What is the history?

Welcome to the fourm!

This is my preference assuming hart retains his 433

Straith---Jakovic--McKenna---De Jong

----------JDG---------Johnson---------

---------------Hutchinson-------------

Jackson--------Occean--------Simpson

I like De Jong rather than Kulkowski on the left back

Both are getting fairly regular time the past few months and both are playing with decent clubs in decent leagues. Both are servicable left backs at the international level but Marcel is 6 years younger and looks to be headed to the Bundesliga next season.

I like what Occean did with limited service in the Ukraine match and I would like to see him get the nod in Greece with Friend or Ricketts as a sub. Preferably Ricketts since we know what Rob can do and it seems like our style is evolcing into a counter attack which the speed of ricketts may be suited for

Archived