Do you like the new CMNT jerseys?

Redcoatsforever

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black shorts are terrible. The white kit is ok, nothing special but not ugly. The chevron on the red shirt looks like the front clasp of a cape. I keep expecting to see flowing fabric blowing in the breeze every time a player takes off running. It's all just personal preference but I can say with certainty that I for one won't be buying one.

I think the uniforms are .... boring not good ... not terribly bad, just not what they could have been with good design and use of dye sublimation technique to have a unique graphic imagery on the jerseys... they will not sell the casual fan and fanatics will only buy the jerseys cause they have no other choice.

Of more interest is why did they not split the contracts and have a women's jersey and a men's by different suppliers ... then the real commercial value of the teams could have been measured and the revenue stream funneled to each program.

The current jersey will not ....engender many women to buy it... and so ... we lose a potential revenue stream.

So much for the marketing genius of the CSA

They're wearing the men's kit, they haven't had time to get the women's gear yet.

20110302canwntxiwww.jpg

RHIAN SOCCER JOURNALS

NEW GEAR, LONG GRASS AND A WIN March 2, 2011

Guest Journal from Diana Matheson

Today was the opening day of the Cyprus Tournament, as well as the first day we have worn our new Umbro uniforms on the field!

We were all excited to wear them for the first time, and I think we looked good in them. The one draw back was that the CSA did not reach a deal with Umbro until very late in 2010. This means that Umbro has been understandably limited in what they have had available for us at the start of this playing year. This means that we are sporting men’s jerseys, cuts and sizes, and I’m swimming in my men’s small. However, it was definitely different, taking the field in the new kit, and we all enjoyed the occasion.

• 4 weeks later...

Appearance means nothing its all about results

Since switching to the new Umbro kits on 9 February, all Canadian teams (men, women, men U-20 and men U-17) have posted nine wins, one draw and two losses.

As I said on page one or two. This is a jersey that is growing on me. I had a good look last night at the U20 and the more I look at it, the more I like it.

Results are nice as well, but I don't believe that is the Jersey has much to do about that......However if the sponsorer is providing a few extra $$ to make the players more comfortable during their camps then thumbs up to Umbro.

So now I'd hope the new kit is available a week earlier with the home friendly being announced. At the very least they can sell them at the stadium June 1st but I'm thinking it would be advantageous to start selling them in stores the week leading up to it.

I read somewhere on here they would be launched June 1st.

......However if the sponsorer is providing a few extra $$ to make the players more comfortable during their camps then thumbs up to Umbro.

Does anyone know if Umbro's kit sponsorship deal extends monetarily beyond simply producing a national kit for us? That Turkish football resort surely couldn't have been cheap - where'd the $$ come from?

• 1 month later...

Archived