Do you like the new CMNT jerseys?

Redcoatsforever

After watching the video I like the jerseys much better. The colours look more muted and they'll look much better with names and numbers. The fact that the CSA and Umbro are making a big deal out of this is a great sign and makes me that much more confident in the CSAs commitment to turning things around. As for the design specifically I was not a huge fan at first but now I can say that yes it may not be the best looking jersey in the world but it's bold and I love that.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come to this conclusion on the kits

They are a nice change from the adidas kits and the kits we've been seeing the past 10+ years.. a little too much black and the crests could definitely be better

BUT this kit is unique in international footy and gives us a distinct look and I think that is good news. In the past you could watch one of our matches and not know who was playing but these kits will be unique

After watching the video I like the jerseys much better. The colours look more muted and they'll look much better with names and numbers. The fact that the CSA and Umbro are making a big deal out of this is a great sign and makes me that much more confident in the CSAs commitment to turning things around. As for the design specifically I was not a huge fan at first but now I can say that yes it may not be the best looking jersey in the world but it's bold and I love that.

I agree

What is the source of this $60 price tag people are throwing around? I would like a proper source before I get my hopes up. Don't play with my emotions people!

"The official uniform will be worn for the first time on February 9th, 2011 by the men’s national team during their game against Greece, the 2004 European Champions. It goes on sale from June 1st, 2011 with an MSRP of CDN $60.00. "

http://canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4645

feel free to get your hopes up.

A product looking like that is not worth more than $60 plus how the heck do you wanna attract the avg joe fan with a jersey that would cost of $120 like the adidas shirts. It's simple business: low demand = lower price

"The official uniform will be worn for the first time on February 9th, 2011 by the men’s national team during their game against Greece, the 2004 European Champions. It goes on sale from June 1st, 2011 with an MSRP of CDN $60.00. "

http://canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4645

feel free to get your hopes up.

A product looking like that is not worth more than $60 plus how the heck do you wanna attract the avg joe fan with a jersey that would cost of $120 like the adidas shirts. It's simple business: low demand = lower price

HURRAHHHH!!!!!!!! I can buy both colours!

Personally, I don't know how you could design a jersey for a country that has such a strong graphic symbol (The Maple Leaf) and leave it out altogether.

Our flag is actually one of the few in the world that was created by a graphic designer, after all.

Here's a nice cycling jersey which has the right idea:

jersey-canada.gif

Another cycling example. I think this type of design is simple enough to be a soccer kit:

canadaJersey.jpg

It feels like Umbro just picked a design out of box of stuff they've done before and went with it. It was for this reason I was hoping the CSA would sign with a more non-traditional kit maker.

Personally, I don't know how you could design a jersey for a country that has such a strong graphic symbol (The Maple Leaf) and leave it out altogether.

Our flag is actually one of the few in the world that was created by a graphic designer, after all.

It feels like Umbro just picked a design out of box of stuff they've done before and went with it. It was for this reason I was hoping the CSA would sign with a more non-traditional kit maker.

You know who a non-traditional kit maker was? Score.

1994Red.jpg

I took a while to let it sink in and no I don't like either. I think it might be in part that I was living in BC when the Canucks went with that awful "psychologically motivating" V (yellow & black) outfit. I've never liked anything in a V sash shape design since for uniforms. God that was an awful one, shudder. Just the memory of the "stunned bumblebee" look turns me off other similar designs.

Here's a nice cycling jersey which has the right idea:

jersey-canada.gif

this is da bomb... very sharp!!

Yeah! they really drop the ball on this one like many stated b4 they look like house league uniforms. Certainly nothing you would want to wear outside of a soccer setting.

I seen some maple leaf designs on here that would have really been something special.

its almost seems like we never want to push the envelope.....in hopes we dont Offend!

• 4 weeks later...

Back to criticism

I saw the U17s and I thought the numbers (on the chest a bit, but particularly on the shorts) were too big.

Getting down to brass tacks with the criticisms now... I would prefer white shorts with both kits but I know that's unlikely if the opponent is wearing white and we're wearing the reds. I still don't think it's the best we could do, but on reflection it is a damn sight better than anything we've had in the last 5 years.

After watching the friendly against Greece, with the black shorts and red shirt with a back chevron, I have a question: why are we trying to look like Manchester United? I think that's a bit pathetic. We have our own identity.

Manchester United with the white shorts, black socks, different shade of red, and less pronounced monocoloured chevron?

That Manchester United jersey?

Manchester United with the white shorts, black socks, different shade of red, and less pronounced monocoloured chevron?

That Manchester United jersey?

Yes, that one. The same one that is a copy of Mexico's jersey from 2 years previous.

After watching the u17's and of course the Greece match I do not like the new kits. I'll buy one....probably the white one. BUT, the numbers are too large on the front and the shorts, the chevron's are too.....something. The black shorts .... ??? Seriously, this is not the National Hockey Team. And they hate the black shorts too.

Archived