Do you like the new CMNT jerseys?

Redcoatsforever

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're not horrible and I never thought they were, but they just look like house league unis with a chevron. Uninspired. Irrationally high expectations on my part, I guess. I should have known not to expect too much.

Who's the player on the right of the pic?

They're not horrible and I never thought they were, but they just look like house league unis with a chevron. Uninspired. Irrationally high expectations on my part, I guess. I should have known not to expect too much.

Who's the player on the right of the pic?

Would look better with "Bob's Bar & Grill" on the front. Would suit.

...Seriously?

qosuhs.jpg

that red just kills me, why super Red? not more a of a darker red like the crimson in the mockup?

30mmu8l.jpg

They half grow on you the longer you see em and I do like the white one, but how much time and thought did Umbro put into these? Did they just take a Man City jersey and decide to make it a V and wrap it up right there?

ps. CSA's logo is ****e

Well done. It seems that it's not that hard at all. As for the red it seemed alright in person. On here the reds look too bright or too dull IMO

Stole this pic from the CSA's splash page

20110125_Umbro_Athletes1_no.jpg

Gotta say it does look better when actually on the players

Yaeh they do look a bit better on a player, still not that happy with them.....funny how the one that is smiling, is the one that doesn't have to wear that ever again.

It is growing on me, but I dunno what to say....

I wouldn't mind a chevron red/black design on white like what the Dutch wore this year (blue/red pinstripes on white) as the alternate, but they should have gone with Soju's reverse-Ajax for the primary.

/QUOTE]

Hey! Don't give away my brilliant reverse Ajax idea! I've been saying it for years! :)

This reminds me of the Friends episode when Ross published Chandler's joke in the Playboy!

...Could never use the Nike Holland jersey for obvious reasons, despite Nike owning Umbro.

I really like the kit. yes, of course having a white background on the crest is better, and yes I'd much prefer not to have black shorts (erm, T&T!?), but I like the kits! I voted that I like them both. The White is nice with the red/black. My wife said "I'll buy that for you because it looks like Germany's." I said "buy me the red one, it's ugly!" I like them. WHY THOUGH? Because no other national club (they are clubs now, not nations right??) has that design. It's not quite Peru, it's not quite Hollands alternate, and Germany isn't quite that either.

If they put the horizontal/slanted stripe we'd have all complained that it looked like USA's current kit. Maybe it is Umbro/Nike will hear our calls for a reverse Ajax, but maybe Umbro doesn't want Canada and Ajax to have such a similar kit? Or maybe AJAX doesn't want Canada to have such a similar kit? It'd be perfect for us and we'd never need a re-design, much like Peru. No one would ever copy it because it'd be a tribute to our flag.

I thought the "V" on the jersey (for Voyageurs) would have gone down better on this board. ;)

As long as it's not an arrow pointing to our future drop in rankings ... ;-) I'm just trying to trick myself that it is a "V" for the Voyageurs ... yeah, that's it ...

I've been thinking about this a lot and it's getting in the way of my job so I thought I would put my thoughts down in writing.

I, like many others, would much prefer the reverse Ajax kit. However, there are several reasons that I am OK with these. I see them as a huge improvement over the nondescript kit we have had over the past several years. Those were so plain they could have been mistaken for any other nation whose shirts were red with little other design to them. As bettermirror mentions it is a kit that won't be mistaken for any other nation... which is a good thing in my books. This also leads to the second reason I am OK with these. The uniqueness of the design gives a strong indication that we can expect the NT being treated uniquely by the kit makers (unlike the recent past). This leaves the door open for subsequent changes and new unique editions... and maybe eventually they will get around to making the reverse Ajax. Actually, I mentioned it elsewhere that I would love it if they eventually used the reverse Ajax as the red kit and the new white one as the second kit.

For the time being I think the focus should be on how these kits can be improved. For starters, get the crest right with white backing and it will be a big improvement. Another suggestion I would have would be to make the chevrons (especially on the whites) a two tone red instead of the red and black.

One more thing that I mentioned elsewhere is that I would love to know what some of the players think about these. Anyone hear/read anything?

Yaeh they do look a bit better on a player, still not that happy with them.....funny how the one that is smiling, is the one that doesn't have to wear that ever again.

It is growing on me, but I dunno what to say....

I didn't realize she was so good looking! And the jerseys look really sharp when actually worn to be honest.

It's been 16 hours or so, and I've already come around. If the MSRP for these shirts is only $60, I'll surely buy one, if not both.

But am I the only one who thinks that this is really a minor issue deserving only of minor discussion?

Duane put it best.

It's the end of Canadian soccer as we know it. :D

Late to the party but I like them both. I think those two models early in the thread with the shorts hiked up and the jerseys tucked in are pretty much the only place they look bad, and that's cause it looks like mr. bean dressed the manequins.

I do agree that the crest should be bolder.

Also wonder where the numbers are going, ie anything on the front?

Archived