Do you like the new CMNT jerseys?

Redcoatsforever

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F**k! These jerseys looked like they were designed by Jack Warner or something. ;-)

Or some tribute to Michael Jackson or something. Our crest got lost in the V collar; it DOES look like it was more appropriate for T&T. Thumbs down on the poor design.

F**k! These jerseys looked like they were designed by Jack Warner or something. ;-)

Or some tribute to Michael Jackson or something. Our crest got lost in the V collar; it DOES look like it was more appropriate for T&T. Thumbs down on the poor design.

Not exactly a tragedy. ;)

I think if we had a real crest, they'd look a lot better.

The red is growing on me. The White is awesome.

I'll be buying both.

You know, I've been a friendly consumer to Adidas products for longer than I can remember but when they stoop to the sort of vile industrial espionage which includes planting crap like that in Umbro's design department they've gone a bridge too far in my books.

Adidas, good day to you.

I SAID GOOD DAY!.

The mockups are nice but the actual pictures don't make the shirt look very appealing – I suspect that's more due to the mannequin's physique, and tucking in shorts too high, as well as angle of photography.

There are some inconsistencies that must be fixed:

- CSA logo in both shirts should have a solid background

- logo in the shorts of the second kit is inconsistent with the rest of the design (white logos on white shorts – should be red as white socks have red logos, and black shorts and red socks both have red logos)

Totally agree. Also the colour between the two diamonds in the Umbro logo needs to be changed. It's white on the red jersey and red on the white jersey. The Umbro logo should just be the two diamonds and have the chevron colours in between. At least that's the way the logo appears on other apparel.

http://www.lelong.com.my/manchester-city-jersey-season-2010-2011-size-s-76799708-2011-01-Sale-P.htm

You know, I've been a friendly consumer to Adidas products for longer than I can remember but when they stoop to the sort of vile industrial espionage which includes planting crap like that in Umbro's design department they've gone a bridge too far in my books.

Adidas, good day to you.

I SAID GOOD DAY!.

Hilarious...

I voted hate them both. The white is not as bad as the red but it looks like a German national team jersey that is missing the gold. Neither of these jerseys say Canada to me. Just when we thought we had a decent kit supplier and the kit couldn't get worse than the addidas stock jersey with polka dots they managed to come up with something worse. This is the jersey equivalent of the WCQ loss to Honduras in Montreal.

Hasn't black always been a third colour we've used occasionally in all sports? Even the CSA teams?

I do kind of like the white one, but the red one looks wrong. Is that colour right? Does the photograph make it looks worse then it is? I need to see them on players on the field to really tell.

Hockey Canada were not allowed to use black on the sweaters for the Olympics.

Not quite.

They weren't allowed to use their logo, which includes black. The IOC didn't give a crap what colours were used, just that individual sport association logos were not allowed.

Our flag is red and white. Garbage!

As others have alluded to, there is actually a precedent for using black. Hell, we had an entirely black jersey (which was really nice, actually) back in the mid-late 90's, and it's used as a trim/third colour in just about every sport in which Canada has a national team.

I'm not ecstatic about the kits, but I must say that they look infinitely better on a live person rather than in the pics that are floating around. I wouldn't mind if they swapped the shorts (black shorts for the white top, and white shorts for the red top), but these are not nearly as hideous as most are making them out to be.

...Seriously?

qosuhs.jpg

that red just kills me, why super Red? not more a of a darker red like the crimson in the mockup?

30mmu8l.jpg

They half grow on you the longer you see em and I do like the white one, but how much time and thought did Umbro put into these? Did they just take a Man City jersey and decide to make it a V and wrap it up right there?

ps. CSA's logo is ****e

I'm not a fan of black on our jersey. I'm trying to think of another country that uses black on their kit when black is not already on their flag. As someone said, this might be OK for Trinidad and Tobago.

I voted for "hate them both" though I would probably say dislike both. All in all it could have been worse with more swirl and polka dot nonsense but I think I'll be waiting yet another few years to replace my 1999 jersey. If the CSA were hoping for a breakthrough with the general public buying this, they'd better think again.

Another let down. Ahh, the joys of being a Canada supporter.

...Seriously?

qosuhs.jpg

that red just kills me, why super Red? not more a of a darker red like the crimson in the mockup?

30mmu8l.jpg

They half grow on you the longer you see em and I do like the white one, but how much time and thought did Umbro put into these? Did they just take a Man City jersey and decide to make it a V and wrap it up right there?

ps. CSA's logo is ****e

I would much prefer to have the logo backgrounded with white as well, but this is what we get. Either way, the red one grew on my pretty quickly, I imagine it'll look great in a long sleeve, and with numbers and a name on it. I think on big problem right now is that without the number in the centre of the chest it looks like a really empty shirt aside from the chevron and that becomes quite awkward.

maybe we'll get a filled-background logo in the future at some point?

The black shorts make me think of hockey pants. Like Chicago or Ottawa... Ottawa even had a black and white stripe for a while on their red sweater.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShuJJA3eJrKUnNdcpIhUts5qA8I1yKJsfuiQ9iPL7PeZeLzW3YAw&t=1

At the very least, if they were going to steal a hockey uni, they should have gone for the 67's.

mcginn_jamie_ottawa_67s_skates_205x305.jpg

I wouldn't mind a chevron red/black design on white like what the Dutch wore this year (blue/red pinstripes on white) as the alternate, but they should have gone with Soju's reverse-Ajax for the primary.

netherlands-1011-away-jersey-soccer-shirt-nwt-size-m_1849055_290.jpg

After a few nightmares last night, something came to me and I think we're actually missing the brilliance of this decision.

Old corrupt Jack hates Canada, favours T&T.

Canada dresses up like T&T, fooling Old Jack.

Canada actually gets calls at the Gold Cup.

BRILLIANT!

Serious question.... is the V actually for Voyageur?

No, not really, but a few members of the media in attendance joked with me that we should take it that way (my original thought was that people from Vancouver would like it, and not just for early 80's nostalgia reasons).

Archived