Montreal Impact traning camp (invitational) start today!!!

Raven

Any word on who has been released or asked to stay on?

Beague released as was Bryant Lazaro. Too bad for Beague, I really rate him, he is a top player, just not getting any breaks.

Yohann CAPUOLONGO is one I am curious about.. I have seen a few times playing for Mcgill, and from the reviews I hear about him he is a top player.. Anyone know anything more?

I didn't go to the camp but I can tell you this...

Word is one player left a great impression : Hassoun Camara, who can play as a central defense or defensive midfielder.

He looks interested in coming to North America.

Another one who left a good impression : Idriss Chergui, a forward (he scored in the friendly match they played against Université de Montréal), who, we're hearing could take the role Sebrango had for our offense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassoun_Camara on his wiki page too.

In the case of Idryss Chirgui he claims on his personal website that he has signed for 10 months as of the 31st

http://www.idriss-ech-chergui.com/

He states that he received feedback telling him that they would keep him and that he was supposed to sign that afternoon (the 31st) and he states that he would play as a second forward (in place of Sebrango I guess).

Camara has indicated on FB that he signed. He just turned 27 so some good years ahead of him.

Camara confirmed by the team http://montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1550&Focus=0

MONTREAL – Just a few hours from the start of training camp, the Montreal Impact announced on Monday the signing of French midfielder Hassoun Camara.

Camara, a defensive midfielder who just turned 27 on February 3, was invited to take part in the club’s pre-camp held from January 24 to 28. Camara has played 43 league games in France’s Ligue 2 with SC Bastia, from 2008 to 2010. Previously, he played in the CFA (4th division) with Noisy-le-Sec from 2003 to 2006. He also had a stint in the first division with l'Olympique de Marseille, from 2006 to 2008, but played only one cup game.

“Camara is a versatile player, who can also play as a center back,” said Impact sporting director Nick De Santis. “He has played at a very high level and has a bucket full of experience. He joins the Impact at a good age and will continue to improve with us. We hope he will adapt well to the North American game.”

With the addition of Camara, the Impact now has five foreign players on its roster for the 2011 season, with a maximum potentially of seven. The other four players are Philippe Billy, Leonardo Di Lorenzo, Anthony Le Gall and Richard Pelletier.

Camara will take part in his first training session with his new teammates this morning, from 10 am to noon, at the Bell Sports Complex, in Brossard.

In addition to the 14 players under contract, the Impact invited six Academy players to participate in the club’s 18th training camp: defenders Bonheur Aubey, Karl Ouimette and Maxime Tissot, as well as midfielders Kevin Cossette, Dominique Morin and Chris-Michel Rumuri.

“These six players have proven they deserve a place at training camp with the first team,” said De Santis. “With every chance they are given, they must approach every session as a world cup match and take advantage of those opportunities.”

The Impact has also invited two more players to camp for a tryout, midfielder Luke Kreamelmayer (pronunciation: Crem-ill-my-urr) and goalkeeper Matt Pyzdrowski. Kreamelmayer has played over 150 games in the American second division, scoring five goals with AC St-Louis last season. He has also worn the colours of the Carolina RailHawks, the Rochester Rhinos and the Portland Timbers. Matt Pyzdrowski played with Portland in 2010.

Midfielder David Testo, who underwent ankle surgery on January 27, as well as defender Adam Braz, who was operated on his hip in mid-November, are both still recovering

The Impact have also confirmed that the club will not be offering a contract to goalkeeper Srdjan Djekanovic for the upcoming season, while no decision has been made yet on midfielders Simon Gatti and Marco Terminesi.

-30-

Source : Patrick Vallée, Montreal Impact

Info : 514-328-3668 (Ext. 227)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassoun_Camara on his wiki page too.

In the case of Idryss Chirgui he claims on his personal website that he has signed for 10 months as of the 31st

http://www.idriss-ech-chergui.com/

He states that he received feedback telling him that they would keep him and that he was supposed to sign that afternoon (the 31st) and he states that he would play as a second forward (in place of Sebrango I guess).

Idriss Chergui claiming to have signed and sent the contract on the 3rd and flying to train with the team, despite there being no news on the Impact site:

IDRISS A L'IMPACT C'EST SIGNE

Postée le 06/02/2011 à 09h01

Idriss a signé le 03 décembre à l'impact de Montréal et reçu ses billets d'avion pour le début du stage avec ses futurs coéquipiers. - "j'ai recu le contrat le 03 et je l'ai renvoyé par mail. je pars lundi pour le début de l'entrainement avec le club puis on part à phoenix pour un stage avec trois matches contre des équipes MSL. Le premier match de championnat aura lieu le 09 avril. avant on va se déplacer à phoenix, dallas et dans d'autres villes des états unis.

- " ca va être un sacré dépaysement.

- " oui je vais découvrir du pays.

Archived