I have a Mancrush on Milan Borjan

TFCRegina

"Canada helped my family so much and when we came here, they offered us everything. Jobs so you can live a good life - you start working and can give your family what they need. A chance for my sister and little brother to go to a good school and for me to finish school."

"That's why I accepted to play for Canada. So we can say thank you in some way."

I like.

Great piece. It's nice to read such a positive story leading up to the Gold Cup and Qualifying for 2014.

Just curious (and sorry for my ignorance) but where does Milan fit on the goalie depth chart for the National Team?

Without even seeing him play, I'll say he`s directly behind Lars for the starting job.

Class guy. A bit like the anti-Begovic :)

Love the part where he talks about how Canada gave him everything and he doesn't want to turn his back on that. Really wish we had more guys like this.

It really takes a rare breed to care this much about our country. I know a lot of 3rd and 4th Canadians of multiple backgrounds who'd ditch to play for a major country over Canada, and Serbia is major...at least compared to us.

Archived