Mississauga Eagles FC - Tryouts

Saugan

thanks guys for advice. I thought about other teams when seen this price but now only Mississauga eagles have try outs, this is close to my place of residence so I thought maybe this is a good idea but when I read this article have doubt. I have a soccer background and very big experience as for my age but gained in another country, I'm in Canada over a month. If I pay for 2 days try outs they told me something about joining to the team ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I understand you right, you'll probably have to make a really good impression and stand out to get them interested but it's possible. If your pretty good among the tryouts they might only be interested in a possible amateur reserve spot. It'd be up to you from there but a couple days is only 25$ and wouldn't be much of loss if you really think your good enough.

Juby maybe cash grab is the wrong word. After reading your last post deceitful might work. To use one of your tactics this is like something asking parents to pay to have their child audition for a spot on a television show. Not illegal but if you take enough people’s money it can become very lucrative and you know 99.9% of the people showing up will not be on television.

For the record I am all for growing the game and I have played with and against many players that have been overlooked in my time. With TFC and the CSL not sure too many kids get overlooked these days in the GTA. If you can play they will find you. The problem I have is too many people are running around telling parents and kids what they went to hear and taking their money will doing it and in the end giving them false hope. You call that sound business and I do not believe in it.

Someone shows up tomorrow and pays $12.50 for one session, is a rec soccer player at best, who has no chance of playing for any of the Erin Mills teams and after asks what my chances are of making the team? Do you think they will tell him to go away or keep coming back? I believe it would be the latter and that is where I have a problem. Call it a development camp but a trial for a professional team? C'mon man!

mikebrasil10 check your private messages.

Juby maybe cash grab is the wrong word. After reading your last post deceitful might work. To use one of your tactics this is like something asking parents to pay to have their child audition for a spot on a television show. Not illegal but if you take enough people’s money it can become very lucrative and you know 99.9% of the people showing up will not be on television.

For the record I am all for growing the game and I have played with and against many players that have been overlooked in my time. With TFC and the CSL not sure too many kids get overlooked these days in the GTA. If you can play they will find you. The problem I have is too many people are running around telling parents and kids what they went to hear and taking their money will doing it and in the end giving them false hope. You call that sound business and I do not believe in it.

Someone shows up tomorrow and pays $12.50 for one session, is a rec soccer player at best, who has no chance of playing for any of the Erin Mills teams and after asks what my chances are of making the team? Do you think they will tell him to go away or keep coming back? I believe it would be the latter and that is where I have a problem.

I'm gonna try and not be horribly arguementative cause everyone (including myself) is probably getting sick of it all so I'll try and be brief and not terrible rude.

for your first paragraph, I think your exxagerating. You could call most business mildly deceitful for being profitable and I don't think this is a terribly aggregious example.

Your example is talking about children being seen through parents eyes, were talking about adults (generally young adults though) gauging their own talent level. If someone had acting audititions with a talent agency for $12.50 for two hours that also doubled as a 10 week acting class for 350$, well sure it's a cash grab in a very exxagerated sense, it's also a small opportunity (they won't stop talent scouting just because their also making money) and a chance to learn. If any horribly untalented adult handed them over 350$ because unrealistically believed they were talented, it's their fault, and at the end of 10 weeks, they'd still be wrong but they might have learned a few things.

It honestly doesn't look like a terrible cash grab if you use your example with the same prices and use adults.

Their is plenty of unscouted talent in the gta for multiple reasons, theirs late bloomers, kids who spent their first 15 years playing a different sport, alot of recent immigrants (some with very low level foreign experience that still translates), theirs the logistics of having to scout the 100 000's of kids (some are bound to get missed).

Your final paragraph I do have a bit of problem with, if someone were a pretty good player who thought they could be first team player right away, they will definately only pay 12.50 to try and get them interested. You however said it would only be a rec player who would pay 12.50? that's over simplifying. If you ask me it's a rec player who just wants to improve their game who might think of paying $350 for what from their perspective is a training camp.

I honestly don't think they'll have the spaces available to accept more then 20 - 30 of the 350$ spots (just to have a pool of players training to properly trial guys) so at a certain point they'll have a core group and all the new guys will be regular trials (whether terrible or just maybe pretty good the odd time). So I don't think they'll be pushing it on guys like a greasy salesman.

Call it a development camp but a trial for a professional team? C'mon man!

I call it both, that's why I think it's such a good idea, they can trial people, make money, hopefully shore up their reserves.

thanks guys for advice. I thought about other teams when seen this price but now only Mississauga eagles have try outs, this is close to my place of residence so I thought maybe this is a good idea but when I read this article have doubt. I have a soccer background and very big experience as for my age but gained in another country, I'm in Canada over a month. If I pay for 2 days try outs they told me something about joining to the team ?
Do you have an international transfer to play soccer in Canada ?

Si vc um brasiliero e jogo em Brasil comigo um clube professional vc necessidade um "International transfer" dar para CBF.

If you have a good soccer resume simply fax it or email it around to clubs in the CSL if you want to test the waters at Missasauga, send a copy of your player history and some references let them get back to you and offer a proper trial and ensure your transfer papers are properly prepared and received ... this is even if you only played amateur and not professional.

PS.. juby e mal educado sobre futbol e regulamentos ele conhencer nada e muito louco.

Probably, I doubt they'd turn you down if you were really good but you'd probably have to be ALOT better then the other tryouts to be moved up to their team. Honestly though, if your just amoung the better tryouts, but don't exactly excite them they'd probably only offer you a reserve spot. If you went there and didn't think you were impressing much, then I'd only recommend staying if an unpaid reserve spot interested you (or training a bit interested you).

you can check out some matches here and judge the quality yourself if you have a good internet connection http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?39891-CSL-2010-match-video-thread-no-R

ahaha, thank you for 'educating me' on 'the world' of soccer ahaha (btw, ever heard of agent? there's these guys that it make it there job to call up a talented player or big wig with a club even if they don't know them. If you think it's all politics, there's a decent chance you just weren't good enough, cause if your really something, an agent you've never met will literally call you out of the blue, anyone who made it past the tryouts knows that)

You just proved my point. In your first paragraph you talk about the guys in the shadows, and an open call to strangers try out is exactly the thing that cuts through the problem of not knowing people.

How many people do I expect to get signed? I was thinking more 2 or 3(this is a new men's team, theirs obviously going to be a few gaps, it's not at all like a university in ireland or an established team in ireland. I'm sorry to say but your arguement is being brought down by your complete dependance on ireland as the end all and be all (who said your experiences in ireland were universal?). Ohhhh and you do realize that 2 or 3 guys on contracts is better than...none, right? (your seriously acting like it's a bad thing to sign a couple extra guys, if your starving, and someone gives you half a donut, are you going to throw it away cause it's not enough? HELL NO, that's just stupid) Your suggesting it's better to not make some money and NOT sign 2 or 3 extra local guys? That's a great business plan, be money phobic and don't hold tryouts unless your willing to accomadate every yahoo? And then you finish that paragraph by just trying to insult the csl's visability? On top of it not helping your point (visibile or not, and btw you are wrong there, a guy training is better then him...not training) it's just plain old silly, your pretty much suggesting guys don't take a csl chance seriously because you don't take it seriously (did you even see a game this year? theirs a bunch on here).

Yeah, take it from a guy who can't seem to come up with an example outside of ireland, and when did you assume your the only person who grasps tryouts on a...soccer forum of all places?

...btw, you clearly missed the point of what I was saying, and I don't know much at all about about irish football, but how does that change that your were comparing a reserve team built off a top flight professional club to a semi pro team at the top of it's club heirarchy? Why would you expect the a club who's most competetive team is semi pro to be able to afford to run the same as it's equivelent that's a reserve or youth team under a pro team? Basically what I'm saying is TFC Academy obviously has more money then a CSL team, because their under TFC. Why would you expect a regular csl team to have the resources of a reserve team of one the best irish team? but that whole point is lost cause I don't know much about irish football (haha)

So let's clarify:

You'd rather no one get a decent chance because of all the 'politics' anyways.

You'd rather no one get a decent chance because better let them all fall between the cracks then sign a couple?

You'd rather no one get a decent chance because that's not how it's done in Ireland.

You don't think a csl tryout is a big deal because the csl doesn't matter to you.

Basically your saying 'trust me, I know, I've been to ireland, I know how they do things', it may surprise you but there are much more qualified people on this board. Seriously though, you saying "my guess, 1, maybe 2 people.", you say that likes it a bad thing, Don't you think the state of soccer in canada might be different if their were less people who'd prefer doing nothing to baby steps? It's a pointless arguement that moronically criticizes the csl for not having the money to do more, pretending like doing nothing or waiting to win the lotto is better.

I find it highly amusing that you are trying to downplay where I have played and my knowledge of this game abroad while you act like the CSL is the best league in the world. I'm just not gonna bother respond to that because anyone that has properly experienced a highly competitive soccer environment or at least seen it knows your post is an absolute joke.

As for what I have said, my opinion is 100% honest and based upon my own first hand experiences while playing soccer. I don't see how I proved any of your points anyway, because like other people on this have said, if he is good enough he would have been signed already or at least not made to pay this $350 crap for a semi-professional team.

Anyway, seeing as how you act like you're better than me, or jeaious, who the heck have you played for or are involved with? Well done bud, grats.

I find it highly amusing that you are trying to downplay where I have played and my knowledge of this game abroad while you act like the CSL is the best league in the world. I'm just not gonna bother respond to that because anyone that has properly experienced a highly competitive soccer environment or at least seen it knows your post is an absolute joke.

When did I act like the CSL is the best league in the world? (did you mean when I said it was a little better then the pdl and still a ways off nasl?aha?) You can make anyone sound stupid by just making stupid stuff up and pretending someone said it. It's dishonest bull****. Btw, why not give example, your the one trying to act like a club making some money is a couple of scam artists. Examples guy, not 'I know,trust me'. Why don't I just start saying you think completely outlandish things and then call you an idiot for it, well cause that'd be stupid...

As for what I have said, my opinion is 100% honest and based upon my own first hand experiences while playing soccer. I don't see how I proved any of your points anyway, because like other people on this have said, if he is good enough he would have been signed already or at least not made to pay this $350 crap for a semi-professional team.

You do realize the experience of one guy on the internet are not going to be accepted as universal in THE WORLD of football?

Also, if you bothered to read what I said like here:

Why were you pretending that a good qualified player would be paying 350$ for 'a trial'? You have to oversimplify and make your example so obscure just to pretend your making a point and not just trying to damage clubs reputations. Any guy who thinks their good enough to make the first team is going to pay as little as possible to get the trial, so your example of a 'good player paying 350$' doesnt make any sense. If your talking 350 you have to talk about the guys on the bubble and down, if your talking serious quality, you no longer talking 350$, your talking like 25$, so your points are misleading and irrational.

I still get the feeling someone gonna say "so why would a good player pay 350$ for a trial", and as I already said, 'he wouldn't, therefore your manipulating the facts to appear to have a real point and slander a small business'.

So as you can see, your not reading what I'm saying, your trying to change what I'm saying to something stupid enough that you can debate me.

Anyway, seeing as how you act like you're better than me, or jeaious, who the heck have you played for or are involved with? Well done bud, grats.

Give me one example of me acting like I'm better then you??? thats all in your head, just like imagining I'm jealous of some guy on the internet, this post is bat **** crazy. Just cause I think your wrong doesn't mean you can pretend I'm some inglorious snob. If your going to respond to me, actually respond, don't have a personal melt down, respond to what I wrote, not what you figure I wrote after skimming for a half a second. Congrats, you've managed to insult me AND make an fool of yourself.

Kind of a low blow to put that bit in Portugese, don't you think?

Hey i would have it in Polish if mikebrasil had the nick mikepoland..... it was done for his benefit ... and surely you realize juby is ..not well educated on trials or stepping on a field with a CSA professionally registered club... with out a valid ... international transfer.

As to crazy.. well juby might be .. crazy like a fox...or just crazy.... the jury is out on that !!

Hey i would have it in Polish if mikebrasil had the nick mikepoland..... it was done for his benefit ... and surely you realize juby is ..not well educated on trials or stepping on a field with a CSA professionally registered club... with out a valid ... international transfer.

As to crazy.. well juby might be .. crazy like a fox...or just crazy.... the jury is out on that !!

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be assuming I said contrary about international players? we were having a generally a big long arguement about cost and quality. No one else mentioned it but it only falls negatively on me like I said anything contrary?

If your just going to make unbacked statements, don't bother. Anyone can do that. I could briefly say snotty unbacked comments about you with a *wink wink* attitude and pretend I know more then I'm saying. If your gonna come at me, use examples, don't just pretend your privy to knowledge that you've imagined.

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be assuming I said contrary about international players? we were having a generally a big long arguement about cost and quality. No one else mentioned it but it only falls negatively on me like I said anything contrary?

If your just going to make unbacked statements, don't bother. Anyone can do that. I could briefly say snotty unbacked comments about you with a *wink wink* attitude and pretend I know more then I'm saying. If your gonna come at me, use examples, don't just pretend your privy to knowledge that you've imagined.

Wait the jury is in your loco.. so i imagined the need for an international transfer ? every player amateur kid or pro adult needs one to play ...legally according to fifa... no imagination just the rules.

Only excpetion is a ... refugee...... and they get a pass cause they dont have documents.

Now do you want to ask why a transfer is needed ?

Wait the jury is in your loco.. so i imagined the need for an international transfer ? every player amateur kid or pro adult needs one to play ...legally according to fifa... no imagination just the rules.

Only excpetion is a ... refugee...... and they get a pass cause they dont have documents.

Now do you want to ask why a transfer is needed ?

You clearly misread what I said....

You imagined me saying you DIDN'T need one, me and you don't know one another, so any details you claim to know of me are imagined. Read man, for the second time, when did I say you DIDN'T need one? no one was talking about that (therefore no one could have said anything CONTRARY). You added something new to the topic and pretended I was saying the opposite, how could I have said you didn't need one if I never mentioned it!? Why is this somehow against me, when NOBODY was talking about that???

Are we going to have another crazy response that clearly didn't read the post it's responding too?

You clearly misread what I said....

Are we going to have another crazy response that clearly didn't read the post it's responding too?

I am confused now... a response that reads.... people ..persons read responses... well they just are that a response.

Now that the thread has devolved into silliness as silly as the CSL club charging for tryouts.... we are back to the start.

Do not pay for tryouts it is a scam.

I am confused now... a response that reads.... people ..persons read responses... well they just are that a response.

Now that the thread has devolved into silliness as silly as the CSL club charging for tryouts.... we are back to the start.

Do not pay for tryouts it is a scam.

hahahaha, you mean, now that you embarressed yourself, it's pretty simple; if your RESPONDING, you need to READ what your RESPONDING too or else it's not a RESPONSE, it's a SOLILOQUY.

And now that you failed to debate properly, you resort to unbacked, slanderous statements against a new canadian club. But you don't have to back your statements, we'll just take you at your word 'guy from internet'.

hahahaha, you mean, now that you embarressed yourself, it's pretty simple; if your RESPONDING, you need to READ what your RESPONDING too or else it's not a RESPONSE, it's a SOLILOQUY.

And now that you failed to debate properly, you resort to unbacked, slanderous statements against a new canadian club. But you don't have to back your statements, we'll just take you at your word 'guy from internet'.

If your friends want to sue me .. your welcome to it have your lawyer send me a letter..... and yes paying to go to a job interview is a scam.... thats what you propose... people paying for a job interview.

A) sue? my friends? lawyers? I'm saying your being a wanker by maligning a canadian soccer club from the internet.

B) Your comparing a 2 hour try out to a 15 minute job interview, that's not exactly apt

C) Who has OPEN interviews for people who are likely UNQUALIFIED resume wise, mcdonald's? There are alot of examples of auditions and agents all over the entertainment industry (which sports are a part) where people have to pay a bit for certain ins, sure isn't the most honourable business but it would be a huge exxageration to refer to all of them as 'scam artists' or 'scams', and this isn't even close to the horror stories you think of when you think of scams in the entertainment industry. Having open tryouts for people with poor soccer resume's to a position that usually requires qualifications isn't a typical job interview, everywhere but the entertainment industry it's almost impossible to get an in like that paid or otherwise.

The difference is that is if someones actually connected or a real brand, they are probably making money AND doing what they say. With a csl team, sure their making some cash, but their not exactly going to reject any guy who paid 12.50 and was amazing (unlikely I'll grant you). It would be a scam if say the north york 'anyname' held tryouts for the csl and didn't exist when the season started. If a movie studio had an open 10$ casting call for a small part but also to shore up some cash, it would only be a scam if there wasn't even a movie or even a remote chance at a part.

Your making a canadian soccer club look alot worse then it is just to make an exxagerated point.

If you said for example, 'I think it's abit greedy', I would say, 'I think it's just the nature of business', that's something we can agree to disagree too (or you: I don't like that sort of business tactics, me: I think it's a necessary evil. a disagreement with no real winners or losers but it's far more accurate), but your so set into painting this in exxagerated terms as a scam, like it's a couple people going around telling naive people they could be models. It's more like "Come on down and show us what you got! 12.50 for a couple hours, 350$ if you wanna train for 10 weeks and see if you can grab an entry level spot!', sure they want to make money, but it's not like your not actually also trying out (whether your good enough or not isn't the clubs fault).

I can see a decent opinion deep down in there but your set into such an extreme stance, greedy or not, it's not a scam, it's legitimate, but possibly not the prettiest, business. It would be like, if for example, I said 'so and so politician is satan', even if he's a huge douche bag, I'm just exxagerating to make him look even worse then he was. It's no way to debate by being as antagonistic as humanly possible.

Juby you are one of these guys that just likes to argue. Going around in a circle here. The point about the model I made earlier and you did not agree with me and now you are saying it is valid. Bottom line is a CSL club can do anything they want and you will support it as it is growing the game in Canada. To people trying to argue with Juby remember empty vessels make the most noise.

Juby you are one of these guys that just likes to argue. Going around in a circle here. The point about the model I made earlier and you did not agree with me and now you are saying it is valid. Bottom line is a CSL club can do anything they want and you will support it as it is growing the game in Canada. To people trying to argue with Juby remember empty vessels make the most noise.

I believe the term you are looking for is an apologist (and since your trying to act 'wise' now, how come you needed a few sentences for that one word?), and that's not at all true. You guys are exxagerating to try and make a point, These guys are getting called scam artists, because the truth (you just don't like their business tactics) doesn't sound as damning.

btw, by that model you made earlier? you mean the one where you exxagerated all the details and when I applied it to adults (instead of children) and actually applied the same prices, it didn't look so bad. I'm sick of people pretending they made a good point a couple days later because they didn't read my response:

Your example is talking about children being seen through parents eyes, were talking about adults (generally young adults though) gauging their own talent level. If someone had acting audititions with a talent agency for $12.50 for two hours that also doubled as a 10 week acting class for 350$, well sure it's a cash grab in a very exxagerated sense, it's also a small opportunity (they won't stop talent scouting just because their also making money) and a chance to learn. If any horribly untalented adult handed them over 350$ because unrealistically believed they were talented, it's their fault, and at the end of 10 weeks, they'd still be wrong but they might have learned a few things.

Doesn't really look like I disagreed with your analogy now does it? looks more like I adjusted it from an outlandish exxageration into something realistic, but you pretend I disagreed cause you've never actually been reading...

C'mon, your last post pretended I just liked to argue and you had bested me debate wise? But turns out your just talking arrogantly to hide fact that you failed debate wise (or don't read) and don't want to give up, as evidenced above.

It's easy to pretend I'm going in circles when your just skimming what the other person has to say and going in circles yourself. Try actually reading what your responding too, you'll find you make a fool of yourself less. But no, we'll just have another guy talking to himself, pretending he's making a point against an arguement he hasn't bothered to read

I am not a csl apologist at all though, I'm just calling everyone on their crazy, attempting to sound deep, exxagerations (such as treating the csl board like a group of super villians, pretending the new expansion teams didn't exist, crazy assumptions about the commisioner resigning, it just goes on and on, everytime anything happens in the csl, their are just the most extreme and poorly thought out responses). Every little thing from the csl turns into a crazy fest, even if it's not a good or bad thing (ie pretty much nothing). So you do see me defending the csl, against the over the top smear campaign being purported by a bunch of jackasses who like to pretend their points make more sense then they do by exxagerating (that's how teenagers get their way when they yell "My life is OVER"). The criticism the csl suffers for almost anything is completely unreasonable. Why do I defend it? because it's a lot better to have these roster spots then...not have these roster spots from a national team development standpoint, sorry I want whats best for our program.

Honestly, what are you guys hoping for? that that team goes out of business and we have 9 less part time contracts for our guys? Your too busy trying to look like you know what your talking about you don't care about any consequences to canadian soccer...

btw, I've disagreed with decisions the csl has made, just no one notices because I didn't do anything stupid like pretend like the sky was falling. It's hard to tell I'm not to far off in the middle when you set up camp at an extreme and draw an exxagerated line in the sand.

I got an idea, why don't you all take shifts making fools of yourselves by repeating yourself and not reading the responses your responding too, ohh wait that's already getting done. Apparently, when logic fails, all you have to do is be as persistent and snotty and then you can pretend you had a point way back when.

Like I said, you could say, gee whiz, I think that's greedy. But no, it's all a bunch of primadonna's going around pretending their fighting scams to look like they have more of a point then they do. Just remember, if a disgruntled customer goes to your business and starts exxagerating about how you ripped him off (by making a profit) that your with him, your one of the guys who needs to make a big scene to pretend things are worse then they are and will slander anybody or business to get your way.

And once again, I wonder why he kept it short and exampleless? Well like most people who rely on cliche's, they like appear wise for having said nothing, instead of trying the snotty arrogant method, maybe you should try the only real method, using examples and logic. But nooo, I once again have an off topic attack post at me because I don't abandon my arguements until their proven wrong even when grown men start acting like children.

Archived