Mississauga Eagles FC - Tryouts

Saugan

...btw, Speaking of which, the league I was referring to is the League of Ireland. The Irish League is the league in Northern Ireland. LOI is pretty much fully professional, Irish league is all semi-pro. Not trying to nit-pick there's a huge difference between the two leagues (country and quality...although that Matty Burrows goal for Glentoran is somethin)

That was definitely the situation a few years ago but I think Linfield and Glentoran of the Irish League tried to turn full-time at least in terms of the core of their first team squad after their experiences in the Setanta Cup (the latter have been on the brink of going out of business in recent weeks so looks like it wasn't sustainable for them) and I think most of the LoI teams have had to revert to being part-time again since the credit crunch and the demise of the Celtic Tiger economy. As an aside there is a CSL connection to Linfield these days, for what it's worth. A guy who used to play for London City called Paul Munster (from Belfast originally) plays up front for them these days.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoGreen

I have a few problems with some of the comments reoccuring in this thread.

1. TFC did charge for open trials in their first season, but they did not charge more it was I believe $100.00 or so, but they also gave out tickets and a TFC shirt.

In addition, they were joining an established Professional soccer league in existence for 11 years at the time. So they had more ground to charge. Erin Mills/Mississauga F.C. is a new club and how many CSL teams have we seen over the years crash and burn?

2. Some of you are acting like the CSL is this great opportunity! Come on 10 week trial?? First off.. it doesnt take more than 2-3 sessions to see if someone is able to play @ the CSL level... let's be real here.. you are not going to get better in 10 weeks let alone 5 weeks... so if the management doesnt see something in you after a "few" sessions it's not going to happen.

3. Other CSL clubs have trials and I havent heard of a $350.00 fee to tryout, but if a prospective player is willing to pay that much for a trial with a CSL team with the possiblity of being cut and knowing that they have already contacted the players they are interested in already... then thats on them. But some of you need to keep those "amazing opportunity" and "great chance to get pointers" comments off this board or to people that do not know the game.

But it is a cash grab and Erin Mills will not charge any "real" player they are interested in for that price.

1. TFC did charge for open trials in their first season, but they did not charge more it was I believe $100.00 or so, but they also gave out tickets and a TFC shirt.

In addition, they were joining an established Professional soccer league in existence for 11 years at the time. So they had more ground to charge. Erin Mills/Mississauga F.C. is a new club and how many CSL teams have we seen over the years crash and burn?

2. Some of you are acting like the CSL is this great opportunity! Come on 10 week trial?? First off.. it doesnt take more than 2-3 sessions to see if someone is able to play @ the CSL level... let's be real here.. you are not going to get better in 10 weeks let alone 5 weeks... so if the management doesnt see something in you after a "few" sessions it's not going to happen.

3. Other CSL clubs have trials and I havent heard of a $350.00 fee to tryout, but if a prospective player is willing to pay that much for a trial with a CSL team with the possiblity of being cut and knowing that they have already contacted the players they are interested in already... then thats on them. But some of you need to keep those "amazing opportunity" and "great chance to get pointers" comments off this board or to people that do not know the game.

But it is a cash grab and Erin Mills will not charge any "real" player they are interested in for that price.

There's always a chance Eagles give away shirts and tickets for the fee as well, also a 10-week setup is a great opportunity. Is CSL the biggest level? No.

But consider who's got the CSL to thank for their career:

Atiba Hutchinson, Adrian Cann, Haidar Al-Shaibani, Paul Munster, Davide Xausa, Tomasz Radzinski, Josh Wagenaar, Tomislav Skara, Miguel Canizalez, and others who have gone on to play in professional leagues full-time around the world. Don't write off the CSL.

your kidding me right?? 1000 try out slots for a TFC trial that no random is likely to make is better then a semi pro team that might actually sign a couple people?

You clearly weren't reading the thread, not everyone is going to be there for ten weeks, you need players to trial players, therefore your gonna want a few decent guys around training to trial anybody, your assuming everybody is going to be there for ten weeks, most people will probably show up for a few days and then they'll probably be a group of regulars, having fun and filling out the training. But it looks sillier if you foolishly pretend it's 350$ for a trial. You also realize that people pay far more for a regular training camp just to get advice and a chance to train, so if that's you, 350$ is a steal, and if you think you gotta chance, your proabably going to pay as little as you can to get seen. but all that requires common sense.

The CSL isn't an opertunity? you mean it would be better to pay ALOT of cash to play in an amateur leauge in a league that isn't scouted? That makes no sense, what are you lazy? if you can't make a big pro team, give up? better off paying a few g's to play in worse league that is actually invisible to scouts? With drive like that I find it hard to believe you have any 'inside knowledge' anyways. (edit: btw, It should be obvious but I'm not refering to the guys on pdl teams, I'm talking the thousands of guys across the gta below that)

What exactly are the better opportunities for a 20ish amateur player not on anyones radar yet? Who is saying 'Come one, come all, free chance for strangers to get a csl contract', so paying for a few sessions makes alot of sense to someone who isn't exactly getting calls.

'Your not going to get better in 10 weeks'??? Are you mad? People who show up to tryouts are out of contract, generally they could be a little out shape, even if their playing they might be mentally slow (from playing with slower competition), not to mention a guy who's been playing amateur for years finally has a coach giving him advice what might have been obvious to some (especially for kids who didn't get a chance to play in the best academies).

and your final sentence is just silly, of course they won't charge players their interested in, the tryouts are to look at players that haven't seen or heard of so how could the team be said to be 'interested'. People are acting like if they call up a team, and say their awesome, they should get a look at, try calling any of the teams, in any decent league.

It's no more a cash grab then charging parents to train their kids, they offer a service, you wish it were free, unfortunately your being silly, money phobic moronicy. Why don't they not have tryouts, make less money, and like other people were complaining, further distance local amateurs from opertunities. It's no more a cash grab then selling junk food to people who are drunk for god sakes (it's them trying to make money, so their team doesn't 'crash and burn' as you put it).

Their allowing STRANGERS to take their time, so you pointing out they won't charge any ''real' player they are interested in' is just stating the obvious and pretending it's a point.

And why do all you guys think it's more reasonable to expect free tryouts from a semi pro team just breaking even then it is from a team that actually has money? it's ridiculous, why would you assume a smaller financial operation can moreso handle local charitable burdens? obviously the further you get from the top teams the less likely it is you'll find anything free but you'd swear the opposite was true listening to these guys. The only other option is to take a further step down to amateur, where you'll find more free tryouts, but can often cost an arm and a leg to play.

Like way to smear a club for showing some business saavy, god forbid they make money... You guys are acting like you'd rather they be a charity and not focus on getting better then to charge for their services. I mean really, your defending the tfc tryouts!? which were almost a complete show cause they gave out a bit of swag, but your mad at a team with very small resources for trying to make a bit of cash and for being a more realistic oppertunity?

edit: Honestly, if you fork over 350$ because you think your a lot better then you are, thats your fault. Furthermore, out 350$, your better off as a player have seen exactly how you don't measure up and getting a few tips on how to improve. I honestly think this is a great idea for them, their gonna have an in shape training camp of guys to shore up the last spots of their roster, they'll have a bit of cash and will have brought a decent scout to THEM. I honestly think alot of teams should do the same and drive the price down a bit, get alot more guys scouted, make a bit of cash and hell, keep the trialist bubble of 'almost theres' in shape come the start of the season. Maybe then some of the best or worst performing teams (that can't attract much talent to their camp) and are doing alright financially will have a very public and free tryout to try and get a edge draw wise (it would also get your name out there).

As it stands, if you have the money and the time is fine for you, this is the best opertunity for an amateur no one's interested in yet to get on a radar, better a brief note in a teams scout report then non existant as far as any decent team is concerned.

Guest GoGreen
your kidding me right?? 1000 try out slots for a TFC trial that no random is likely to make is better then a semi pro team that might actually sign a couple people?

You clearly weren't reading the thread, not everyone is going to be there for ten weeks, you need players to trial players, therefore your gonna want a few decent guys around training to trial anybody, your assuming everybody is going to be there for ten weeks, most people will probably show up for a few days and then they'll probably be a group of regulars, having fun and filling out the training. But it looks sillier if you foolishly pretend it's 350$ for a trial. You also realize that people pay far more for a regular training camp just to get advice and a chance to train, so if that's you, 350$ is a steal, and if you think you gotta chance, your proabably going to pay as little as you can to get seen. but all that requires common sense.

The CSL isn't an opertunity? you mean it would be better to pay ALOT of cash to play in an amateur leauge in a league that isn't scouted? That makes no sense, what are you lazy? if you can't make a big pro team, give up? better off paying a few g's to play in worse league that is actually invisible to scouts? With drive like that I find it hard to believe you have any 'inside knowledge' anyways. (edit: btw, It should be obvious but I'm not refering to the guys on pdl teams, I'm talking the thousands of guys across the gta below that)

What exactly are the better opportunities for a 20ish amateur player not on anyones radar yet? Who is saying 'Come one, come all, free chance for strangers to get a csl contract', so paying for a few sessions makes alot of sense to someone who isn't exactly getting calls.

'Your not going to get better in 10 weeks'??? Are you mad? People who show up to tryouts are out of contract, generally they could be a little out shape, even if their playing they might be mentally slow (from playing with slower competition), not to mention a guy who's been playing amateur for years finally has a coach giving him advice what might have been obvious to some (especially for kids who didn't get a chance to play in the best academies).

and your final sentence is just silly, of course they won't charge players their interested in, the tryouts are to look at players that haven't seen or heard of so how could the team be said to be 'interested'. People are acting like if they call up a team, and say their awesome, they should get a look at, try calling any of the teams, in any decent league.

It's no more a cash grab then charging parents to train their kids, they offer a service, you wish it were free, unfortunately your being silly, money phobic moronicy. Why don't they not have tryouts, make less money, and like other people were complaining, further distance local amateurs from opertunities. It's no more a cash grab then selling junk food to people who are drunk for god sakes (it's them trying to make money, so their team doesn't 'crash and burn' as you put it).

Their allowing STRANGERS to take their time, so you pointing out they won't charge any ''real' player they are interested in' is just stating the obvious and pretending it's a point.

And why do all you guys think it's more reasonable to expect free tryouts from a semi pro team just breaking even then it is from a team that actually has money? it's ridiculous, why would you assume a smaller financial operation can moreso handle local charitable burdens? obviously the further you get from the top teams the less likely it is you'll find anything free but you'd swear the opposite was true listening to these guys. The only other option is to take a further step down to amateur, where you'll find more free tryouts, but can often cost an arm and a leg to play.

Like way to smear a club for showing some business saavy, god forbid they make money... You guys are acting like you'd rather they be a charity and not focus on getting better then to charge for their services. I mean really, your defending the tfc tryouts!? which were almost a complete show cause they gave out a bit of swag, but your mad at a team with very small resources for trying to make a bit of cash and for being a more realistic oppertunity?

edit: Honestly, if you fork over 350$ because you think your a lot better then you are, thats your fault. Furthermore, out 350$, your better off as a player have seen exactly how you don't measure up and getting a few tips on how to improve. I honestly think this is a great idea for them, their gonna have an in shape training camp of guys to shore up the last spots of their roster, they'll have a bit of cash and will have brought a decent scout to THEM. I honestly think alot of teams should do the same and drive the price down a bit, get alot more guys scouted, make a bit of cash and hell, keep the trialist bubble of 'almost theres' in shape come the start of the season. Maybe then some of the best or worst performing teams (that can't attract much talent to their camp) and are doing alright financially will have a very public and free tryout to try and get a edge draw wise (it would also get your name out there).

As it stands, if you have the money and the time is fine for you, this is the best opertunity for an amateur no one's interested in yet to get on a radar, better a brief note in a teams scout report then non existant as far as any decent team is concerned.

No. Did you read what I wrote? I never said TFC was better... all I said was that they being in the MLS have more grounds to charge $$$$ and less than Mississauga at that.

MLS was a credible league with a track record. CSL is not the same don't compare!

Mississauga F.C. is a new club what do you think the #'s will be like? I'd be interested to know.

Like I already said no serious team interested in finding players is charging for tryouts. Case in point with TFC.. the 1 guy "apparently" selected was all just a "PR" stunt in cohesion with York that made both programs look good. Although a few were considered for the reserves.

People actually pay more for a regular training camp. Where? please enlighten.

Of course the CSL is an opportunity but dont make it more than it is by stating players will pay for all of this expert advice to carry on later in life. 350 can pay for an outdoor season.

It's more reasonable to expect free tryouts from a semi pro team because that semi-pro team is obviously looking for players, and doesnt have the same scouting network a pro team like TFC would. For TFC it would be a waste of time to have tryouts when they can find & have players looking to play for them.

Nobody is smearing this club. But dont come on hear (with your pro CSL bias) and pretend like this is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity for players not on the semi-pro or pro radar. This club already has their players lined up and the tryouts is to make $$$ and mislead people.

If a player legitimately feels they have a chance to make this club and have never been seen or heard of by the club then by all means pay that $350.00 fee and see where you end up? Most likely playing for an OSL team paying that same amount.

If this is not just a cash grab, then you will see other CSL clubs charging for similar programs. No?

No. Did you read what I wrote? I never said TFC was better... all I said was that they being in the MLS have more grounds to charge $$$$ and less than Mississauga at that.

MLS was a credible league with a track record. CSL is not the same don't compare!

Mississauga F.C. is a new club what do you think the #'s will be like? I'd be interested to know.

Like I already said no serious team interested in finding players is charging for tryouts. Case in point with TFC.. the 1 guy "apparently" selected was all just a "PR" stunt in cohesion with York that made both programs look good. Although a few were considered for the reserves.

People actually pay more for a regular training camp. Where? please enlighten.

Of course the CSL is an opportunity but dont make it more than it is by stating players will pay for all of this expert advice to carry on later in life. 350 can pay for an outdoor season.

It's more reasonable to expect free tryouts from a semi pro team because that semi-pro team is obviously looking for players, and doesnt have the same scouting network a pro team like TFC would. For TFC it would be a waste of time to have tryouts when they can find & have players looking to play for them.

Nobody is smearing this club. But dont come on hear (with your pro CSL bias) and pretend like this is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity for players not on the semi-pro or pro radar. This club already has their players lined up and the tryouts is to make $$$ and mislead people.

If a player legitimately feels they have a chance to make this club and have never been seen or heard of by the club then by all means pay that $350.00 fee and see where you end up? Most likely playing for an OSL team paying that same amount.

If this is not just a cash grab, then you will see other CSL clubs charging for similar programs. No?

I am clearly reading your silly responses, cause I'm answering your silly questions, you guys on the other hand, don't answer mine, so your obviously not reading.

TFC, a pro club, that probably wouldn't properly sign any local amateur has more grounds to charge people then a semi pro club that might ACTUALLY sign you??? that makes no sense, Your saying it's better to pay a team you know won't sign you then one that might??? just baffling.

You then point out how much better MLS is, like that helps your point, MLS is a league that is too good to sign local amateurs, so they were literally JUST taking peoples money with no intention of signing anyone. A semi pro team that a local amateur could ACTUALLY make shouldn't though? A team that will probably sign a couple people is actually more out of line? Think rationally. Make sense.

By the way, How would I know what the eagles financial position is? Here's a hint, I want them to make money so they'll be around (and hopefully profitable) next year, so I'm not going to act like the sky is falling just because they might make some money. Your assuming they should do things for free cause your assuming money grows on trees, I'm saying they should try and make money, so that their still around next year...

In the second paragraph you completely make a fool of yourself. What's wrong with PR? Apparently it's bad if one of the teams gets their name out into the community??? Why are you against competent business??? What's wrong with the teams that aren't at the top of the pyramid making money and possibly finding people at the same time, you point out that their making money like it means they wouldn't sign a good player who signed up, thats just logically foolish.

Ohh and taking a dump on a reserve spot because it's for an entry level position is just ignorant. People are acting like they, a complete nobody, deserve a free tryout cause they want it, and then should be one of the guys getting a contract from the get go, your clearly spoiled and dreaming.

Have you even heard of adult soccer training camps or are you just pretending your not an ignoramus? Why don't you do us a favour and tell us some free good training camps for adults? here's an example of a local soccer camp for adults too

http://www.ntsoccer.com/camps-training/indoor-training-camps/ - 10 ninety minute sessions (it says ten weeks but it's once a week), 220$ and it's not like your getting a look at a semi pro operation or get on anyones radar, these camps only offer the pitch and the advice (which you insulted), no chance on a semi pro team.

350$ will cover an outdoor season? yes in a league at the very bottom, were you will NEVER get scouted, you don't have a coach and your playing against a bunch of schmucks. If you want to play in a good amateur league below the pdl, you usually have to pay 1000's if you came in through tryouts. And once again, 350$ is being thrown around like thats what everyone is going to be paying? And btw, have you never been on a team, have you never had a coach give you advice, help you improve a skill, get you to the next step. Your disdain seems completly ignorant.

Your next paragraph you prove my point, tryouts for tfc are a complete waste of time, they don't need them, so when a team that could actually find someone worth using does it, it's wrong? You make no sense. Sure they should scout but if the eagles can bring in a decent scout to them, AND make some money, why are you complaining? would you prefer they ran their team like financial morons (you)? It's not reasonable to expect more charity from a poorer team then a richer team, that's just backwards business.

Yes this is a smear campaign, Your calling them 'making money' a 'cash grab' instead of common sense. I already said it but you clearly didn't read it, but for example: selling stuff to drunk people is a 'cash grab', you wouldn't call it cash grab though cause it's basic business, but you might if you just wanted to make salesman look like a scum bag.... Your upset with them for making money??? Why don't they just go bankrupt to make you happy.

And no one said this was a 'once in a lifetime' oportunity as you so foolishly pretended was a quote, I said it was the best opertunity for local amateurs in the last couple years to get on someones radar, I asked you to provide a better example, you didn't.

If a player legitimately thought he could make the team, he's not going to pay 350$, he's going to pay for a couple sessions, I've already said that numerous times but it's just proof your not reading. But your point sounds damning instead of stupid if you foolishly pretend everyone is paying 350$. If you were actually a good player, why would you pay for the whole 10 week camp when you think you can noticed fast? And if your not good enough, thats your own damn fault, at least you'll get some pointers on how to improve. Their not misleading anyone, their offering a chance, if you think your good enough and your not, then you've misled yourself Your acting like their actively trying to convince any dreamer they could make it, no theirs an oportunity, anything else is in the individual players head, the eagles never claimed this stranger was awesome and would make the team, no he thought that, so how exactly did the eagles mislead him?

Calling decent business a 'cash grab' is smearing them. Hopefully you will see other teams do something similar (and if you read my last post you'd realize I already talked about that) and the price will go down a bit and their will be a bunch of trialists in shape come the start of the season and more people will get scouted.

I could literally go to your business, start pointing out the way you guys make profit, and pretend your a bunch of greedy scammers (YOUR MAKING MONEY?), you would of course point out you need to make a living...

You mean make $$$(which is good moron) and scout a few people, if you think your better then you are, you mislead yourself...

This really pisses me off, besides your dishonest quoting, I have been here for years with my PRO NATIONAL TEAM bias, watching guys retire in their early 20's (and the csl is literally the only thing catching them from having to amateur or give up). And now I see you coming here and pretending like you know what your talking about? You smeared a team...for making money? Honestly, my pro csl bias? You say that like it makes sense to be anti csl? Like there are national team supporters who want less roster spots, and less opportunites...just baffling.

And if your gonna respond, do me a favour, provide examples and answer my questions. Don't just ignore the points you can't debate or move on when you've made a faulty point like it never happened. Please, give us some good local examples of free tryouts for anybody, dirt cheap training camp, better opertunities for amateurs? The fact of the matter is, if your complaining about the best options around, you are smearing people for good business ideas, what the hell are they gonna do without good business sense? rob a bank? give up and no longer offer any roster spots?

You know kit sponsors? putting a big ad on the front of your jersey that has nothing to do with the game? sounds like a cash grab to me but cause it's just an obvious part of not going bankrupt, no one calls it a 'cash grab' to sully the teams rep. Thats why this is pure smear, your calling business saavy a 'cash grab' just to pretend like their doing something wrong (their not)

just to sum up: Can you name a better opportunity for a local amateur player to get seen by a CSL team?

Can you name some free tryouts for anybody who wants them at the CSL level?

Can you name some free training camps for at least the semi pro level?

Can you name any cheap training camps for adults?

Can you answer these questions or will you just ignore them again?

Edit: ohh and finally, what's wrong with making some money? Having free tryouts when theirs enough interest to charge is literally throwing away potential money.

Guest GoGreen
just to sum up: Can you name a better opportunity for a local amateur player to get seen by a CSL team?

Can you name some free tryouts for anybody who wants them at the CSL level?

Can you name some free training camps for at least the semi pro level?

Can you name any cheap training camps for adults?

Can you answer these questions or will you just ignore them again?

Edit: ohh and finally, what's wrong with making some money? Having free tryouts when theirs enough interest to charge is literally throwing away potential money.

Premier Development League!

Lynx, Fury, London or travel to the States if you can get in contact with a club there and use that $350.00 on travel, Thunder Bay Chill if you are up for the travel.

Look around but what I can't name is clubs(especially ones that claim to be professional) asking for $$$?

Have you ever paid for a job interview? I haven't. I would also advise anyone not to in the future! This is what takes the credibility out of the Canadian Soccer League which is desperately trying to be professional.

Your own club Astros used to have 'FREE' training camps go and research buddy. Makes me think you are a newbie to your clubs ongoings. Not sure how you are doing it now. But, please feel free to update me.

Nothing is wrong with making some money! I would be curious to see how many people attended these tryouts and the financial benefits of all of this. So people please update me.

As far as your above novel, I'll summarize:

*TFC has more grounds because they were joining MLS(est.1996) 11 yrs of credible pro soccer (I still dont agree and thus didnt attend those tryouts being a player myself) but many who did that I know if did it for the experience [by the way. TFC has not had open trials since

*TFC has NCAA, and leagues across Europe, South America, Africa to poach from, open trials would be a waste w/o compensation

*Like TFC, Mississauga FC has the base of their squad already, so dont mislead people into thinking they are getting a fair deal for the $$$

*Where did I dump on the reserves?

*That link you posted is NOT for Adult soccer it's for youth... go back and check the ages (born in 2000 = 11 years old)

*Thousands of dollars to play below PDL? Wrong.

OSL the tops clubs you can play for $0, other charge a few hundred. 10 week training camp? or full summer of ball? CSL is not even that much higher than the OSL.

You would know this if you played.

*Problem with Canadian soccer is clubs springing up for the dollar$$$. Start small develop gain some credibility than re-evaluate the business strategy

*Smear campaign? No chance! I've got nothing but respect for Erin Mills S.C. one of the best clubs for development in Canada in my own opinion. Have sent a number of players for trials & have had some sign pro contracts. Which is why I know a bulk of their squad in the CSL will be the OSL team. But $350.00 for a half look at guys is wrong.

*You think this is a good idea. Fine. Compare this with the expansion teams last year:

Milltown FC, Brantford Galaxy & FC Hamilton Croatia. How much did they charge if anything? Get back to me with your results.

******Oh and please refrain from calling me a moron for my opinion.

Lynx, Fury, London or travel to the States if you can get in contact with a club there and use that $350.00 on travel, Thunder Bay Chill if you are up for the travel.

Look around but what I can't name is clubs(especially ones that claim to be professional) asking for $$$?

Have you ever paid for a job interview? I haven't. I would also advise anyone not to in the future! This is what takes the credibility out of the Canadian Soccer League which is desperately trying to be professional.

Your own club Astros used to have 'FREE' training camps go and research buddy. Makes me think you are a newbie to your clubs ongoings. Not sure how you are doing it now. But, please feel free to update me.

Nothing is wrong with making some money! I would be curious to see how many people attended these tryouts and the financial benefits of all of this. So people please update me.

*TFC has more grounds because they were joining MLS(est.1996) 11 yrs of credible pro soccer (I still dont agree and thus didnt attend those tryouts being a player myself) but many who did that I know if did it for the experience [by the way. TFC has not had open trials since

*TFC has NCAA, and leagues across Europe, South America, Africa to poach from, open trials would be a waste w/o compensation

*Like TFC, Mississauga FC has the base of their squad already, so dont mislead people into thinking they are getting a fair deal for the $$$

*That link you posted is NOT for Adult soccer it's for youth... go back and check the ages (born in 2000 = 11 years old)

OSL the tops clubs you can play for $0, other charge a few hundred. 10 week training camp? or full summer of ball? CSL is not even that much higher than the OSL.

*Problem with Canadian soccer is clubs springing up for the dollar$$$. Start small develop gain some credibility than re-evaluate the business strategy

*Smear campaign? No chance! I've got nothing but respect for Erin Mills S.C. one of the best clubs for development in Canada in my own opinion. Have sent a number of players for trials & have had some sign pro contracts. Which is why I know a bulk of their squad in the CSL will be the OSL team. But $350.00 for a half look at guys is wrong.

*You think this is a good idea. Fine. Compare this with the expansion teams last year:

Milltown FC, Brantford Galaxy & FC Hamilton Croatia. How much did they charge if anything? Get back to me with your results.

k, first, how many pdl teams are there in Ontario (4?), and there mostly for the younger guys, and they generally won't pay you to play, your recommending guys move as a more realistic option, thats just silly. And I already pointed out they don't charge in the pdl, you'd know that if you'd bother to read what you respond to, however were not talking about promising university kids, were talking about 20 somethings who fell between the cracks, and your suggesting it would be better to A)move from home, B) enter a slightly worse league, C) give up on the idea of getting paid. All to save 50$ to have a decent trial, but once again you pretend like everyone is going to get pay 350$ for just 'a trial'. When they find a guy who's actually GOOD, do you think their going to work him for 350$? no, theyll move him up to the team, and then at the end of it all a few of the guys who actually paid 350 to get into game shape to show what they can do probably will be thought of to shore up the rosters and the reserves.

So your mighty position is to step down a league...your a business savant

And ahahahaha, so your saying, that if I, joe douchebag, call up the pdl teams and theyll just let you, a guy they never heard of, trial for free? They'll let you trial for free if THEY CALL YOU, not because you responded to bloody flyer.

btw 'buddy' 'used to have free tryouts', back when the league wasn't quite as good and the didn't take the business aspect quite as seriously. The also didn't used to pay players before it was properly semi pro, but I guess that makes too much sense for you.

For a job interview you get them interested(qualified resume, appearance, cover letter etc), they then call you for the interview, If their not interested in the first place.... This is an opertunity for anybody with a bit of cash and a poor soccer resume to get seen. In real life you just wouldn't get the interview. Your confusing the issue to pretend you have a point, were not dealing with invitational tryouts mostly for youth, were talking OPEN tryouts. Try getting a job interview your completely unqualified for. You do realize that a tryout, is not the same as 10 -20 minute interview right, that's just over simplified foolishness.

for the millionth time, why is it wrong for someone to offer the same thing as tfc, but with a legitimate chance? Your comparing TFC's scouting base to a csl teams??? sure mississauga can get a team of players, whats wrong with looking at more and making money while your at it. In everyway their poorer, less of a team, less of a scouting network, less money, it makes more sense for them to scout more and try and make money, the worse the team is the less your arguement makes sense but you give tfc half an okay cause it's even more unrealistic?

You dumped on the reserves when you made it seem like a reserve spot wasn't much of an opertunity, it's an entry level position, paying a bit of money to get there is better then, not getting there (especially if you don't see it happening at all in near future).

Please, give us some examples of guys who didn't have to pay when they got in through the amateur TRY OUTS!? theirs such a thing as scholarships but amateur teams get most of their registration fees from the worst part of the team, and your best players usually doesn't have to show up at a tryout. It's just another crazy oversimplification. I do know about this and if your not great (someone being hyped), you could wait around for it happen on it's own or do something like this, NOW.

They are starting small (should they join an even lower league to make you happy and give up on the soccer or not pay their players???), and their trying to make money, so they can afford to regroup and build something.

Smear campaign is right, your calling business saavy a 'cash grab' to a make the business look like scam artists.

350$ for a half look??? what do you mean by a half look, you mean the 12.50 they charge for a 1 day trial???

and finally, you don't know anything about the csl, last year it added 3 teams, and the play IMPROVED, despite having to spread itself over 3 extra teams, it still improved! If nothing changed it should have gotten worse by being diluted, maybe you should watch a game - you can find em here.

If I were of the opinion that the world is flat, sure it's an opinion, but it's stupid. You think poorer teams should be more charitable then the rich ones or pretty much give up (take a step down, stop paying players, its just flat out wrong). Btw, you do realize that their are some blogs out there just making **** up right? Opinions are not beyond the scope of using your brain.

Your right about that being the wrong link, but in general, adult training camps cost more then youth so... it's only up from there. and you failed to provide a single example of cheap quality training camp. Your better option for a spot on a team was with an amateur team in a lower league and assuming they'll trial literally anyone. You didn't answer my question at all.

C'mon guy, I asked you to point out a better opertunity, you pointed out teams in a worse league and assumed anyone could just tryout for them...

One second your taking things that are common to a hyped 'on the radar' player (like being invitied to trial) to the people were actually talking about (the one's who fell through the cracks), If the guy had the hype it would take to even get onto a pdl squad, he wouldn't be waiting for an opertunity like this (he wouldn't of had to, he's not unqualified by csl standards), so finding problems from his perspective in this are foolish, cause it's not for him, good, qualified players don't go to open tryouts, but if your phones isn't ringing, this is the best opertunity right now. I asked what a better opportunity was and you responded by listing pdl teams? really, joe nobody can just walk onto these teams with a free trial, you didn't answer the question, show a concrete example (not vague incorrect ideas) to get into d III soccer? like some free OPEN trials to a csl or pdl team.

Seriously, you over simplify to act like it's 350$ a trial, which is just like you comparing a 10 week tryout/camp to a regular 15 minute job interview, your arguements are a hodge podge of misleading examples that aren't very apt and have to stretch everything.

Guest GoGreen
k, first, how many pdl teams are there in Ontario (4?), and there mostly for the younger guys, and they generally won't pay you to play, your recommending guys move as a more realistic option, thats just silly. And I already pointed out they don't charge in the pdl, you'd know that if you'd bother to read what you respond to, however were not talking about promising university kids, were talking about 20 somethings who fell between the cracks, and your suggesting it would be better to A)move from home, B) enter a slightly worse league, C) give up on the idea of getting paid. All to save 50$ to have a decent trial, but once again you pretend like everyone is going to get pay 350$ for just 'a trial'. When they find a guy who's actually GOOD, do you think their going to work him for 350$? no, theyll move him up to the team, and then at the end of it all a few of the guys who actually paid 350 to get into game shape to show what they can do probably will be thought of to shore up the rosters and the reserves.

And ahahahaha, so your saying, that if I, joe douchebag, call up the pdl teams and theyll just let you, a guy they never heard of, trial for free? They'll let you trial for free if THEY CALL YOU, not because you responded to bloody flyer.

btw 'buddy' 'used to have free tryouts', back when the league wasn't quite as good and the didn't take the business aspect quite as seriously. The also didn't used to pay players before it was properly semi pro, but I guess that makes too much sense for you.

At a job interview you get them interested, they call you for the interview, If their not interested in the first place.... This is an opertunity for anybody with a bit of cash and a poor soccer resume to get seen. In real life you just wouldn't get the interview. Your confusing the issue to pretend you have a point, were not dealing with invitational tryouts mostly for youth, were talking OPEN tryouts. Try getting a job interview your completely unqualified for. You do realize that a tryout, is not the same as 10 -20 minute interview right, that's just over simplified foolishness.

for the millionth time, why is it wrong for someone to offer the same thing as tfc, but with a legitimate chance? Your comparing TFC's scouting base to a csl teams??? sure mississauga can get a team of players, whats wrong with looking at more and making money while your at it. In everyway, their poorer, less of a team, less of a scouting network, it makes more sense for them to scout more and try and make money, the worse the team is the less your arguement makes sense but you give tfc half an okay cause it's even more unrealistic? cause they have alot of money?

You dumped on the reserves when you made it seem like a reserve spot wasn't much of an opertunity, it's an entry level position, paying a bit of money to get there is better then, not getting there.

You clearly haven't watched the CSL recently, and please, give us some examples of guys who didn't have to pay when they got in through the TRY OUTS!? theirs such a thing as scholarships but amateur teams get most of their registration fees from the worst part of the team, and your sbest players usually doesn't have to show up at a tryout. It's just another crazy oversimplification. I do know about this and if your not a star (someone being hyped), you could wait around for it happen on it's own or do something like this, NOW.

They are starting small (should they join an even lower league to make you happy and give up on the soccer or not pay their players???), and their trying to make money, so they can afford to regroup and build something.

Smear campaign is right, your calling business saavy a 'cash grab' to a make the business look like scam artists.

350$ for a half look??? what do you mean by a half look, you mean the 12.50 they charge for a 1 day trial???

and finally, you don't know anything about the csl, last year it added 3 teams, and the play IMPROVED, despite having to spread itself over 3 extra teams, it still improved! If nothing changed it should have gotten worse by being diluted, maybe you should watch a game.

If I were of the opinion that the world is flat, sure it's an opinion, but it's stupid. You think poorer teams should be more charitable then the rich ones or pretty much give up (take a step down, stop paying players, its just flat out wrong). Btw, you do realize that their are some blogs out there just making **** up right? Opinions are not beyond the scope of using your brain.

Your about that being the wrong link, but in general, adult training camps cost more then youth so... it's only up from there. and you failed to provide a single example of cheaper training camp. Your better option for a spot on a team was with an amateur team in a lower league and assuming they'll trial anyone. You didn't answer my question at all.

C'mon guy, I asked you to point out a better opertunity, you pointed out teams in a worse league and assumed anyone could just tryout for them...

One second your taking things that are common to a hyped on the radar player (like being invitied to trial) to the people were actually talking about (the one's who fell through the cracks), If the guy had the hype it would take to even get onto a pdl squad, he wouldn't be waiting for an opertunity like this (he wouldn't of had to), so finding problems from his perspective in this are foolish, cause it's not for him, great players don't go to open tryouts, but if your phones isn't ringing, this is the best opertunity right now.

Which is just like how you over simplify to act like it's 350$ a trial, which is just like you comparing a 10 week tryout/camp to a regular 15 minute job interview, your arguements are a hodge podge of misleading examples that aren't very apt and have to stretch everything.

your post is full of a lot of gibberish... but let me just address some of the points

First off PDL is not a step down. But if you look @ the MLS draft more guys playing out of the PDL reach the MLS than CSL. Kimura from Colorado was a starter he came from the Chill.

Astros had free trials in 2007. Now, how much did they charge last year smart guy? Also CPSL/CSL players have been getting paid since its inception and even earlier when they were called the Canadian National Soccer League so don't act like paying players is some new revelation, yes the CSL is making amendments to look more professional, but dont make silly comments. Don't think because I have a low post count at this site I am a new to Canadian Soccer.

You dumped on the reserves when you made it seem like a reserve spot wasn't much of an opertunity, it's an entry level position, paying a bit of money to get there is better then, not getting there.

Please do show me where I dumped on the reserves?

Yes starting small so charging for tryouts when you are a new club and just getting started is not the way to endear yourself to people not familiar with your product at this level. There are other ways to make $$$ (i.e. marketing the team for the purpose of selling tickets, through the creation of a website in which they still do not have, and others... charging straight out of the gate when they could potentially be another Durham Storm [go research this] although I doubt it... the public is unaware of what Mississauga F.C. is... so they have work to do before they can command this type of fee. This what I am saying! Get your head around this.

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about when you say 'adult training camps' please give me an example so I can better understand you. Ive never heard of adult training camps for professional or semi-professional teams? So clarify!

At any club you need a resume to tryout for a team I got those trials by sending in a profile/resume, PDL teams also have open trials have you ever been to one? I have trialed for clubs at every level in Canada minus MLS, can you say the same?

When I say its a cash grab these are your comments that are in agreement:

When they find a guy who's actually GOOD, do you think their going to work him for 350$? no, theyll move him up to the team, and then at the end of it all a few of the guys who actually paid 350 to get into game shape to show what they can do probably will be thought of to shore up the rosters and the reserves.

Does that not say cash grab

FC London tryouts have been by invitation only after the one open tryout in the expansion year, of course they're free.

your post is full of a lot of gibberish... but let me just address some of the points

First off PDL is not a step down. But if you look @ the MLS draft more guys playing out of the PDL reach the MLS than CSL. Kimura from Colorado was a starter he came from the Chill.

Astros had free trials in 2007. Now, how much did they charge last year smart guy? Also CPSL/CSL players have been getting paid since its inception and even earlier when they were called the Canadian National Soccer League so don't act like paying players is some new revelation, yes the CSL is making amendments to look more professional, but dont make silly comments. Don't think because I have a low post count at this site I am a new to Canadian Soccer.

Please do show me where I dumped on the reserves?

Yes starting small so charging for tryouts when you are a new club and just getting started is not the way to endear yourself to people not familiar with your product at this level. There are other ways to make $$$ (i.e. marketing the team for the purpose of selling tickets, through the creation of a website in which they still do not have, and others... charging straight out of the gate when they could potentially be another Durham Storm [go research this] although I doubt it... the public is unaware of what Mississauga F.C. is... so they have work to do before they can command this type of fee. This what I am saying! Get your head around this.

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about when you say 'adult training camps' please give me an example so I can better understand you. Ive never heard of adult training camps for professional or semi-professional teams? So clarify!

At any club you need a resume to tryout for a team I got those trials by sending in a profile/resume, PDL teams also have open trials have you ever been to one? I have trialed for clubs at every level in Canada minus MLS, can you say the same?

When I say its a cash grab these are your comments that are in agreement:

When they find a guy who's actually GOOD, do you think their going to work him for 350$? no, theyll move him up to the team, and then at the end of it all a few of the guys who actually paid 350 to get into game shape to show what they can do probably will be thought of to shore up the rosters and the reserves.

Does that not say cash grab

The pdl is a step down, from semi pro to amateur, in semi pro you are contractually obligated to train part time and often get a bit of money so you don't always have to work full time as well. Once again, watch the CSL. In the last few years the csl has overtaken the pdl by getting more men(including a few guys from pretty good european sides) into the league, paying a bit, playing a lot more games amoung other things. You may not have noticed but it happened. Lately we've been seeing cslers turn up in europe and in mls through tfc. Historically and numerically it's gonna look good for the pdl (lot of teams including american teams) but lately, seeing: csl players come from and and go to european clubs and the tfc kids seeming to be progressing it has been quite the hot spot for developement.

New revelation!? you haven't been watching, every year the last few years, the quality has stepped up, the minimum standard has been raised, and it's shown...

I looked back and your right, it was someone else who was talking down about the reserves. HOWEVER, it's very obvious that the guys spending a while there are probably reserve side bound (the good one's will be moved with the real team), and you are literally acting like it's a better idea to wait for a pdl team to notice you or join an even more amateur teams cause the good opportunity isn't free? Acting like an amateur opportunity with an amateur team is better then a probably amateur spot on a semi pro team is just flawed.

Charging for tryouts does not ruin a teams image, it didn't hurt TFC's. Also 'there are other ways to make money', of course, and they'll have to make the most of those as well, and if they make enough money, they'll probably reinvest some in more and better contracts. Ummm, I never said semi pro or pro teams have adult training camps, just shows your not reading, it's mostly programs run by amateur teams, renting facilities and organized coaches. I can't find it on the website but for example, ntsc has, and there more common in the states, just type in adult soccer training camp, their's even a residential one in the states which seems odd for adults. (here's a basic program in hamilton that doesn't show prices http://www.soccerworldhamilton.com/adult_training.php), just cause you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they don't exist eh. hell, doesn't the la galaxy have some silly adult fantasy camp that probably costs a tonne.

You are assuming that if you don't open giving stuff away, your making a terrible mistake. Not every business subscribes to the notion that charging from the beginning is terrible...it's one business approach and the fact that your condemning them for not adhering to your business senses is narrow minded at best.

You say you sent your 'profile/resume' ahead, and then got a trial! You mean you weren't an unqualified nobody looking to get a break? If you sent your soccer qualifications ahead and they haven't heard of any of teams or leagues your in, they won't call you back, so how do you get out of the shadows??? How do you get someones attention if your in an unscouted league? This is a pretty good opportunity. You just once again show your skimming, and not really reading.

finally, hahahahahahahahahahaha, that final statement of yours A) proves your not reading correctly and B) does insult the reserve spots! What did I say, their not gonna charge a bunch to the guys they sign to contracts? And the guys who paid but didn't hugely impress still have chance at an entry level position. Apparently a chance at a reserve spot is better termed a 'cash grab' then an opportunity.

I've said it a bunch of times, selling crap food to drunks is a cash grab, do you call the salesman a scam artist though? no you see him using his head.

When new innovations hit an industry, they often set their prices around the current norm, they may be able to make it ridiculously cheaper but their not going to seriously undercharge because that's a loss of potential revenue. It's in essence a cash grab, it's also, business

This is honestly a great business idea, like the fifth time I said this but if everyone did this, the prices would go down, the number of guys scouted would go up, your 'trial bubble' will still be in shape at the start of the season and they might make a bit of cash.

btw, you keep acting like this is really bugging you, but no one has been saying this is one of the most amazing opportunities ever, only you have been saying we have. I for example have been saying this is 'the best opportunity for local amateurs the last couple of years', and their hasn't really been an OPEN tryout for the pdl teams, the rest of the csl or tfc, soooo....it's pretty much true, it'll probably probably take another year of playing out of your skin at a level below pdl to an invited chance with a csl or pdl team.

Just so you know previous threads have tended to point to Juby not having any official involvement with either the Astros or the CSL.

I think he meant I wasn't paying enough attention to my club I cheer for as in raptors are my team, not like he actually thought it was MY team. And other threads haven't 'tended to point to me not having any official involvement', they've had me flat out say i'm not involved when people try and act like i have some motive more then what i see as best for the national program (which briefly is 'more clubs and options(any way you can get em), preferably one's that pay, (even part time), with a goal of providing an internal pyramid to pool resources upward and provide enough spots so that our guys have decent domestic options and make 'the struggle' to stay in the game for canadians easier (pretty much to fill the infrastructure gap between the current csl/pdl/pcsl and the nasl, preferably in a pyramid to pool resources nationally)

Thought I ought to just add really quickly to this:

From FC London's homepage...

"FC LONDON U21 Head Coach Les Johns has scheduled three initial assessments for Friday, January 14th at the Soccer Dome on Cuddy Drive, London ON from 3:00 - 5:00...and...Mon and Tues, Jan. 17th/18th 4-6 pm at the Agriplex, Western Fairgrounds, London. COST: $20 per session or $40.00 for all 3. Indoor shoes and shinguards are mandatory."

Juby you go on and on and really you're point is that a person should be happy paying $350 to have a chance for a pro contract? Do you realize that Erin Mills has had a senior OSL men’s team for the last seven years and as GoGreen said they have sent many players over to Europe. The club director will recruit players and the people going to these tryouts if their lucky will make the reserve or OSL men’s team. How much do you think they have to shell out once the make the reserves?

If you think playing for the CSL reserves is a great opportunity then you know nothing about the CSL. I asked a person associated with the Astros if they had any talent on the reserves last year and he told me it was a joke. Another CSL team tried to have a reserve team and wanted to charge the players $1200 a person. Needless to say the CSL club does not have a reserve team.

Youth soccer has become a business and the reason why Erin Mills got into the CSL is so they can continue to recruit talent and have parents pay for the dream of playing professional. A CSL team allows Erin Mills SC and Pickering SC to stay relevant and attract youth players. Why do you think the CSL as a whole wants to start a youth divisions so the clubs can make money off of it. The problem is I do not believe you have enough quality players to support the existing CSL, PDL, CSL reserves, OSL, and OYSL teams in the GTA. The overall development structure must change and that is a whole other topic which over the years has been discussed many times on this board.

The reason why other teams don't do this is that they do not have access to a facility like the Hersey Centre for 10 weeks. Erin Mills probably got it for a great rate as not much happens there during the day. I will try and drop by next week and see for myself who comes out. Bottom line it is a cash grab and nothing more. Juby you can continue to write paragraph after paragraph it doesn't change it.

Juby you go on and on and really you're point is that a person should be happy paying $350 to have a chance for a pro contract? Do you realize that Erin Mills has had a senior OSL men’s team for the last seven years and as GoGreen said they have sent many players over to Europe. The club director will recruit players and the people going to these tryouts if their lucky will make the reserve or OSL men’s team. How much do you think they have to shell out once the make the reserves?

A person who doesn't really have any other prospects, yes, if their good enough (big if I'll grant you) they can actually get on a csl teams radar alot quicker then playing in a lower league. Also, your once again trying to paint it like everyone is paying 350$ for a trial (12.50 a a day), the guys paying 350$ are probably the guys who know they need to get into the shape, the guys on the bubble and the dreamers. At the end of the day, good enough or not, theyll at least be in game shape. And what do you suppose the goal of being in the OSL is, probably to try and make the csl or pdl, so your suggesting it's better to go their to do that then already be on the team?

If you think playing for the CSL reserves is a great opportunity then you know nothing about the CSL. I asked a person associated with the Astros if they had any talent on the reserves last year and he told me it was a joke. Another CSL team tried to have a reserve team and wanted to charge the players $1200 a person. Needless to say the CSL club does not have a reserve team.

So one minute your saying they charge for reserve spots, then your sayin a team tried and it failed... Anyway, way to insult a bunch of young guys on the astro's reserves. Once again, this is an entry level position, just because you don't take it seriously (or your anonomous quotes) doesn't make it so. The more professional minded will make the most of any opportunity. Their mostly young guys, playing a few games, training with a decent team, and waiting and trying to earn their chance in practise.

Youth soccer has become a business and the reason why Erin Mills got into the CSL is so they can continue to recruit talent and have parents pay for the dream of playing professional. A CSL team allows Erin Mills SC and Pickering SC to stay relevant and attract youth players. Why do you think the CSL as a whole wants to start a youth divisions so the clubs can make money off of it.

Like almost every other club in the world ...

The problem is I do not believe you have enough quality players to support the existing CSL, PDL, CSL reserves, OSL, and OYSL teams in the GTA. The overall development structure must change and that is a whole other topic which over the years has been discussed many times on this board.

Who cares if theirs enough talent on the reserves... It's creating more spots for more guys to train and play regularly, that will help them improve, eventually if the whole reserve team gets good enough you'll start producing players good enough for your first team. It won't happen overnight, and your probably gonna churn out a bunch of crap to get a few decent players, it's the nature of developing players, better to start it now then later...

The reason why other teams don't do this is that they do not have access to a facility like the Hersey Centre for 10 weeks. Erin Mills probably got it for a great rate as not much happens there during the day. I will try and drop by next week and see for myself who comes out. Bottom line it is a cash grab and nothing more. Juby you can continue to write paragraph after paragraph it doesn't change it.

No, it's good business and a decent scout. If given a tonne of examples but once again, selling crap food to drunks is a cash grab, do you call it that, no, you call it good business. Overcharging because your competitors are overcharging, complete cash grab, but you'd have to be an idiot to not follow the market. You could go to almost any business, find where their overcharging to make a profit and call it a cash grab, you don't because you'd just be smearing good business.

Your just choosing to refer to it in the most negative possible light. btw "and nothing more"? so your saying if someone walked in who was great, they wouldn't sign him? this is the perfect example of you pretty much exxagerating to be negative, it's easier to sound like you have a point if you pretend everything is a lot simpler then it is.

You can write all the paragraphs you want, your still just a grumpy gus who decided to smear a small business for potentially making a bit of money (and maybe improving their team a tad while their at it). Now your so entrenched in your position your pretending like their scam artists only out for money instead of the more realistic football folk who figured out a way to hold their tryouts, generate some interest and make some cash at the same time.

As a few people have explained this looks very much like a cash grab rather than a serious recruitment drive. If you are good there are lots of CSL teams in and around the GTA so why not contact them all if you have an impressive enough background in the game that coaches are likely to want to see what you have to offer without a payment of $350 being involved?

As a few people have explained this looks very much like a cash grab rather than a serious recruitment drive. If you are good there are lots of CSL teams in and around the GTA so why not contact them all if you have an impressive enough background in the game that coaches are likely to want to see what you have to offer without a payment of $350 being involved?

I can see why you might think it looks that way, especially since 10-week open tryouts are unheard of. But the very fact that it's unheard of is why I'm open to giving it a chance and not judging too quickly. I'd like to see if what I feel are positive aspects of it come to fruition. If not, well, at least it isn't my club whose reputation will be tarnished.

The guy asked for advice. Mine was that if you are good enough for Erin Mills you will also probably be good enough for other CSL teams in the GTA so why not get a trial with one of them and save yourself $350. Can you see a flaw in my reasoning?

Oh, yeah, I see that now. I didn't pick up on the advising part of it, I thought it was just a general comment. Yeah, if you think you're CSL calibre, and you don't have some massive attachment to the city of Mississauga, go to another GTA club. You'll be able to get a brief tryout their for a fraction of the cost.

to bbtb:

This is bugging me, it's not 350$ for a trial, it's 12.50, it's 350$ for a long tryout/training camp. But if you pretend it's 350$ for a basic trial, you can pretend you have a real point by misleading people.

People with a good enough soccer resume aren't the one's who have to go to 'open tryouts'. So when you recommend players call up other clubs, your talking about the players not interested in 'open tryouts'. Your just pointing out that an expienced and qualified 'your profession here' is not interested in an entry level position (no ****) like it applies to people who are inexperienced or unqualified. It's just pretending to have a point by making a poor comparison. edit: It's like saying a polar bear would destroy a hyena, sure it's true, sure it's obvious, but when would a polar bear even be around a hyena? And why would anyone say something so obvious except to insult hyena's?

And once again, the use of the phrase 'cash grab' is just a desperate attempt to slander. You do realize that for example, most clubs started their youth and academy programs pretty much just to make money? Most teams have a horrible record of developing youngsters into first team talent and they still overcharge because their taking advantage of their brand name. Running an academy with no expections of developing a first team talent is a cash grab, but no one would call it that, they would call it the business of soccer. Ever had to over pay for a beer at a game? that's a cash grab, but you don't freak out on the team because you understand it's them making a living. However all of a sudden, a bunch of cranky schmucks decide to pretend that business offends them and too **** on a brand new team (for not being made of money).

Why were you pretending that a good qualified player would be paying 350$ for 'a trial'? You have to oversimplify and make your example so obscure just to pretend your making a point and not just trying to damage clubs reputations. Any guy who thinks their good enough to make the first team is going to pay as little as possible to get the trial, so your example of a 'good player paying 350$' doesnt make any sense. If your talking 350 you have to talk about the guys on the bubble and down, if your talking serious quality, you no longer talking 350$, your talking like 25$, so your points are misleading and irrational.

I still get the feeling someone gonna say "so why would a good player pay 350$ for a trial", and as I already said, 'he wouldn't, therefore your manipulating the facts to appear to have a real point and slander a small business'.

and to mikebrasil10, I figure that although it's doubtful, if someone were a really good player who didn't have much of soccer background (ie discovered their talent later in their teens, was never a part of any serious teams) then maybe a 25$ 2 day trial might be an alright idea.

If someone was a decent player, hard working and ambitious (and wasn't strapped for cash), then you might be able to make the reserves and get into shape by going with the 350$ tryout/training camp. If an entry level position with a semi pro team seems alright to you, it's not a terrible idea.

Archived