FC Edmonton Partners with PMI

jedinathan

So it seems that Edmonton has partnered with a marketing group, designed to help build the fan base. Interesting.

http://fcedmonton.com/content/fc-edmonton-pens-partnership-pmi

EDIT: Sorry, had to rush from work last night, and didn't get a chance to post my opinion.

I think this is a good thing, regardless of the timing or cost. If this can establish FC Edmonton as a popular brand in the city, then the benefits will last long after the contract expires. Based on the average 2-3000 they had last year, having a company with experience help with one of the seemingly biggest downfalls FCE has, the crowds will only grow. The other good thing is the experience this group has with pursuing soccer specific stadiums in cities. I'm hoping that will fast track one for Edmonton.

Timing won't be too bad. We've got a snowfall warning in effect today in Edmonton... Who wants to buy soccer tickets in that weather (aside from myself)? I think getting them on board now gives them about a month and a half to get the lay of the land and then come Feb/March they can make a massive push towards the new season. Would have been nice to have that push last Sept/Oct, but I'll take what I can get.

End Rant.

I bet it costs way more then they get out of it. I say that enviously though. I would do sixty hours a week marketing for them for under sixty thousand a year. (And do it well)

But, and this is a big but, they have aknowledged that marketing is large and important and are trying to bring about an image and a brand.

Hurray!

Archived