Canada's top 5 prospects

forster01

Hey this article is from mlssoccer.com and they state the next generation of CMNT "stars". Some of them are obvious others are not.

Names not mentioned so you can read it.

Heres my take :P

1. would love to have him (only one with star potential for CMNT)

2. needs to play more

3. heard of him never seen him play

4. loved what i saw form him late last season

5. Have no clue if he is good, seems to get loaned out alot. (whats your take on him)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/canadas-future-5-players-look-out

1. Hoillett is all but gauranteed to be a CMNT member, he is just not coming till he secures his spot at Blackburn. Jamacia does not seem like an option to him it would be a step down.

2. Edgar is still riding that debut goal against ManU, not sure if he will ever pan out, but if he does he needs out of Burnley and onto a team that will play in a CB regularly, he might need out of England. I'd put Straith ahead of him on my depth chart, 2. Bundesliga would be a good spot for Edgar to play as well actually.

3. Davies has the physical tools to develop into a strong wide player for Canada, still is very raw, but seems like he will get every chance to develop in the MLS over the next couple seasons.

4. Lindsey reminded me of what I saw out of Davies the last couple years, except Lindsey was doing it at a higher level, but for a shorter time. Still needs to prove he can bring it consistently through an entire season. but he seems to have a knack for the creativity from the wing, which Canada sorely lacks.

5. Haber has hit a bump in the road after seeming to find his legs in the SPL with St. Johnstone then the injury hit and it will stunt his development. If he can get healthy and back on track I still see him as a potential Rob Freind type player up front for Canada.

^Edgar has struggled with career but at this point is ahead of Straith and far ahead of Hainault. Remember he was playing in the EPL at the age of 20. He is still a very good defender, however his manager plays him out of position at fullback and then wonders why he struggled.

Edgar needs a move to MLS. Its a good enough level for or national team players plus he will get more playing time and visibility.

I've mentioned that in other threads! Someone more ITK than me pointed out his wage scale and even as a reserve player in the Championship he is earning way more than he would in MLS! He needs to move somewhere though to rescue his career!

I've mentioned that in other threads! Someone more ITK than me pointed out his wage scale and even as a reserve player in the Championship he is earning way more than he would in MLS! He needs to move somewhere though to rescue his career!

Thats the issue. He's holding onto to those pay cheques as long as he can (can't blame him really). Once that runs out he'll be at MLS HQ looking to cut a deal.

I think he has a ways to go yet on his current contract (a couple more years?), so he'll be collecting cheques for awhile. My general point is that if his playing time situation remains about the same for the duration of his deal, those contract opportunities completely dry up. Let's hope he gets that true first team breakthrough asap.

Oh g-d am I ever sick of hearing that work, Edgar. Anyone who gets more posts than actual playing minutes is a bloody waste of time. Get over him already, guys. Let him sort things out, he's a big boy now, and how about a bit less of hype around him?

The article suggests to me that we are still struggling when it comes to creating talent and putting it somewhere it can grow into a world class competitor. Which is what will keep us in there at 6th to 8th in Concacaf.

Archived