U23 Camp

Max

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle Bekker(MF) of Boston College will be in Phoenix

5630383.jpeg

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/010311aaa.html

"Bekker, of Oakville, Ontario, will participate in the Canadian U-23 national team training camp from Jan. 13-22, 2011 in Phoenix, Ariz....

Bekker has started all 43 games in his two years at Boston College. He has registered 27 points - eight goals and 11 assists. Bekker captured All-Atlantic Coast Conference and NSCAA All-South Atlantic Region second-team honors as a sophomore in 2010. He was previously invited to attend a November Canadian Olympic team training camp in Ft. Lauderdale that conflicted with collegiate postseason competition."

^ It is mentioned in both the links above, the camp is in Phoenix, but someone decided to have this game in Carson, I assume they expect to draw a crowd.

Probably has more to do with the fact that the USSF can get the HDC at or near rent-free.

Ashtone Morgan will be at this camp.. Jarek Whiteman will not be attendance.. However Sean Hart (unattached) who was apart of the u-20 team that took the 5-0 pumping against the US U-20's in the second game and was sent off in the first match they lost 2-0 and he gets bumped back up for an olympic call?.. I'm quiet scared for the future of our center backs.. Past Jakovic & Nana.. other than Doneil Henry (over rated) ... Who's next up?

Hainault is 24...

BackAgain was talking about the CB situation for the MNT, hence why he included Jakovic. That's why Rudi mentioned Edgar and Keegan mentioned Hainault.

As far as the U23 CB situation, beyond Straith and Nana we can slot Gage in there as well. Also, if we can convince Ricardo Ferreira that his future lies with Canada and not Portugal he'd be a nice addition to this team (and even better addition to the U20's).

On a seperate note, it would be nice to get a list of the invitees...

Both looking forward and addressing the current problem of center backs.. We don't have much depth at that position at our youth squads. The kids we did put faith in have fallen off.. i.e- Olivier Lacoste-Lebuis.. This cycle of u-20 doesn't seem to have anybody that can step into that position as a and looking ahead to the olympic squad who is going to be paired with Nana is more of my concern.. I don't think Gage is big enough to play as a back in an international match but if worse comes to worse I suppose so.

Both looking forward and addressing the current problem of center backs.. We don't have much depth at that position at our youth squads. The kids we did put faith in have fallen off.. i.e- Olivier Lacoste-Lebuis.. This cycle of u-20 doesn't seem to have anybody that can step into that position as a and looking ahead to the olympic squad who is going to be paired with Nana is more of my concern.. I don't think Gage is big enough to play as a back in an international match but if worse comes to worse I suppose so.

I think we have a good shot of getting Straith for the qualifiers and Gage can play right back

Also defender Curtis Ushedo who was invited to the combine is an option

so far the team looks like this :

GK

Michal Misiewicz

Adam Janssen

DF

Curtis Ushedo

Sean Hart

Ashtone Morgan

MF

Dane Roberts

Kyle Bekker

FW

Babayele Sodade

All NCAA players with the exception of Misiewicz, wonder if it will be mostly college players as I recall reading it would be mostly Euro based and Canadian club players.

what about guys like:

bassi, bonifacio, chalk, cyprus, davies, de medina, edwini-bonsu, gage, gala, gaudet, gyorio, hoilett, lam, lassonde, latenresse-levesque, lord, nakajima-faran, nonni, owusu-ansah, pisanjuk, porter, rosa, saiko, semments, sidra, stillo, street, suprenant

all of these guys (i believe) have played at least u17 or u20 for canada at least once.

most of them are playing with professional teams and maybe half of them for decent european clubs/reserves/academies.

i have seen many of these guys play and i could put a good team togethere just based on these guys here - not to mention any new players that have entered the picture...

guys i would like to see at camp by position:

keepers: stillo, street, misiewicz, latendresse-levesque, gracey?, cyprus

defenders: attakora, bassi, chalk, edwards, gage, hart, lassonde, morgan, owusu-ansah, sidra, straith, suprenant

mids: bonifacio, davies, de medina, gala, gyorio, lam, nakajima-faran, nonni, porter, rosa, saiko

forwards: edwini-bonsu, hoilett, matheson, pisanjuk, semments, vukovic

a few notes:

-some of these guys might be out of their positions

-sean rosa reminded me of gatusso with italy - he was a beast on the pitch

-owusu-ansah used to be very good. haven't heard anything about him in years...

-gala has lost his spot with tfc so i'm not sure where he is at this point...

-nakaima-faran is listed on the csa site as a defender but usually plays a centre mid/left mid

-is street playing anymore?

a formation like this would be nice...

-----------------------------------stillo---------------------------------------

-------------------------attakora----------straith----------------------------

-------lassonde----------------------------------------suprenant-----------

-----rosa----------------saiko---------bonifacio-------nakajima-faran----

----------------------edwini-bonsu------hoilett-----------------------------

***because i have never seen hoilett play, and having seen how big and strong matheson is,

it may be nice to pair matheson up with edwini-bonsu (small, speedy and mobile) - could work out

to be a nice partnership...

Archived