MNT vs. Greece - Starting XI

Tuscan

The midfield is cause for concern when the only player in season (except Pedro) is Atiba Hutchinson. I'm counting Simpson and Jackson as forwards in the 4-3-3. You have Pacheco, barely finishing games, Johnson and DeRosario in preseason. There's a good chance we will see DeRo and Atiba start but I've been asking myself who will be that third, defensive midfielder type ? I thought about Jakovic as he's played in that role before. In the RNO interview with Atiba he mentions David Edgar in contention to play in the midfield which never did cross my mind even though he played there some with Burnley. Would you start Johnson, Pacheco or Edgar as part of the midfield three ?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you start Johnson, Pacheco or Edgar as part of the midfield three ?

I got no problem with Johnson or Pacheco starting in holding mid spot as both of them have shown good motors and skills to quickly link up with our attackers. I don't know about Edgar though... It's unbelievable our former U-20 captain still hasn't played in a MNT match!

I got no problem with Johnson or Pacheco starting in holding mid spot as both of them have shown good motors and skills to quickly link up with our attackers. I don't know about Edgar though... It's unbelievable our former U-20 captain still hasn't played in a MNT match!

It really is, I thought he was going to get his first cap in 2007! Four years later and he might make his debut

Archived