MNT vs. Greece - Starting XI

Tuscan

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't seen this anywhere (I might have missed it). The Dobber is reporting Patrice Bernier is out with a broken leg.

Ahhhh that is a really key injury for us right now! Our thin midfield just got thinner for Greece... Hutchinson, Johnson and ?

Like I posted before I'd definitely put Stalteri in the midfield unless Hart wants to start Pacheco but I don't think he should. If we call JBB I think it would be a waste to start him again, not to discredit him at all I just mean we only have so many matches to see players and we saw him last match and I don't think anyone expects him to be really involved come WCQ time. We should definitely call Dunfield as he deserves another look and he's already won a contract with Vancouver I think it would be good for both him and Vancouver if he played vs. Greece. No way training with Vancouver would help him as much.

Nice! In his exhibition games he has been playing well. THe man can run!! it's unreal

Cool to hear Ricketts name.. tho everytime I see Ricketts the U20 flashes thru my mind and him hitting the post/crossbar against Congo, or was it Austria, or slidding with his leg extended just missing a tap in .. And I don't think I ever felt such soccer-watching pain as the Chile game. Sorry to bring all that up.

He must be there for midfield depth, we should have a good amount of defenders for this match. Nick has been disappointing for the nats but hopefully with more match time he's improved.

Actually I went through the list. We don't have a lot of depth at Defense.

We have a ton of guys who haven't seen the pitch since November. For guys actually getting playing time/in the middle of the season we have: De Jong, Klukowski (injured right now), Edgar (not playing much), Ledgerwood, Stalteri (hasn't played at all in reserve or first team matches), Straith (not playing much), McKenna (odd man out at Koln), and Peters.

Most of our defenders are MLS based, and we also have Chris Pozniak in Norway, which is in it's offseason...but at least Pozniak has played a couple matches recently.

We have far bigger concerns on the back four than we do in the midfield right now.

WTF!?! it's 2 Feb in Greece already! Why hasn't the CSA, CBC or Sportsnet announce the roster for the game vs Hellas already!?!

Yes, this is getting pretty late, even by CSA standards. We have eight names confirmed from a variety of sources, but I would have thought more names would have leaked out by now on team sites or other news articles.

^ I thought this roster release was feeling even later than usual but that may not be the case. I took a few minutes and checked far in advance rosters were announced for friendlies over the last year or two.

Really quickly

@ Ukraine - announcement 7 days in advance

vs Peru (and Honduras, I counted the days between the announcement and the Peru match) - 9 days

@ Argentina (also Venezuela) - 10 days

@ Jamaica - 17 days

@ Macedonia (also Poland) - 8 days

@ Cyprus - 8 days

Yup, too much time on my hands.

^ I thought this roster release was feeling even later than usual but that may not be the case. I took a few minutes and checked far in advance rosters were announced for friendlies over the last year or two.

Really quickly

@ Ukraine - announcement 7 days in advance

vs Peru (and Honduras, I counted the days between the announcement and the Peru match) - 9 days

@ Argentina (also Venezuela) - 10 days

@ Jamaica - 17 days

@ Macedonia (also Poland) - 8 days

@ Cyprus - 8 days

Yup, too much time on my hands.

^

LOL, nice work

so with those release dates in mind, i believe the full roster to be release tomorrow

in the absence of a roster for either team, i did find out who the match officials will be !

Referee - Svein Oddvar Moen (Norway)

Assistants - Kim Thomas Haglund (Norway), Frank Andras (Norway)

Fourth official - Dimitrios Kalopoulos (Greece)

http://www.epo.gr/index.php

Lets bribe them with pickled herring. JKS

In all seriousness, im happy as long as the refs are not south american (only the ones who are blind to obvious diving)

http://canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4650

1- GK- Lars Hirschfeld | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball

2- D- Jaime Peters | ENG / Ipswich Town FC

3- M- Marcel de Jong | GER / FC Augsburg

4- D- Dejan Jakovic | USA / DC United

5- D- Kevin McKenna | GER / FC Köln

6- M- Nik Ledgerwood | GER / SV Wehen Wiesbaden

7- M- Pedro Pacheco | POR / CD Santa Clara

8- M- Will Johnson | USA / Real Salt Lake

9- F- Rob Friend | GER / Hertha BSC

10- F- Simeon Jackson | ENG / Norwich City FC

11- D- David Edgar | ENG / Burnley FC