Abbotsford Soccer create Bolton Wanderers ‘Centre of Excellence–Vancouver’

bettermirror

Ian Knight was Chilliwack FC's TD and developed the early connection. It involved just a week long camp and organizing a team trip or two. He joined Abbotsford Soccer as TD. He has improved the link with Bolton exponentially. CFC simply wasn't able to sustain such a relationship. Too small. A fantastic little club in its own right, but really only able to develop a select few players of high calibre play per age group, as opposed to a club like Abbotsford which can develop a teams-worth of high calibre players, and attract the best from CFC to move over. (20 minute drive between towns).

If any local club can sustain a relationship such as this it would be ASA in my opinion (high enough enrollment, good enough players, and generally an economically well-off citizenry). I'd suggest Surrey United, CMF, Burnaby, and Richmond could also develop such a relationship with a club like Bolton.

*I WILL EDIT THE TITLE! :)

A good article and all the best to Abbotsford. Colin M was a an earlier motivator in Abbotsfords successes. Knight has continued on with that legacy. It can only be a good thing for our local boys, and a great way for them and there parents to by-pass BC Soccer and its shackles. Well done Abbotsford.

Archived