Potential NASL stadium for one of three cities?

Macksam

Guess Duane Rollins was right after all then even if he didn't spell out all the details. The news about Carolina in the NASL having to effectively be taken over by the owners of the league (Traffic Sports or whatever they are called) maybe was a hint of what was to come given Bob Young was one of the investors who appeared to be bailing out in that context. There was talk on a recent SoccerSam podcast from Rochester about investors in Hamilton and/or Mississauga being interested in a USL Pro team so it will be interesting to see what unfolds after the CSA's current moratorium on sanctionings.

It's time to bring back the Blizzard.

Trademark is still readily available last time I checked. :) Have to say that I don't think NASL or USL Pro would work in the GTA because minor league sports seems to be a very tough sell there. Hence why TFC fans get coerced into buying Marlies tickets as part of their partial season ticket packages. Pure speculation on my part but I think this may have more to do with the recent rumour of an Oakville group starting a PDL team in Hamilton after buying the Avalanche W League team. Probably more a case of bring back the Steelers in other words.

Trademark is still readily available last time I checked. :) Have to say that I don't think NASL or USL Pro would work in the GTA because minor league sports seems to be a very tough sell there. Hence why TFC fans get coerced into buying Marlies tickets as part of their partial season ticket packages. Pure speculation on my part but I think this may have more to do with the recent rumour of an Oakville group starting a PDL team in Hamilton after buying the Avalanche W League team. Probably more a case of bring back the Steelers in other words.

I think if the product is right, people will come see a team that will potentially play TFC in the Voyageurs cup.

The Hamilton metro area is not totally off the radar yet. TSN is reporting this morning that the Tiger-Cats are talking to Burlington and a development partner about a site in the area of Aldershot GO station.

Well, it seems it will happen one or another.

Archived