PDL Coming to Hamilton

Hammer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin,

PDL (Premier Development League) teams in general do not draw large crowds, most teams are made up of 17-22 year old USA University based players that play to stay in shape before returning to school, the season is finished by August 10. The majority of people that watch these games are parents, friends, girlfriends and youth club kids from local youth teams in the area that are allocated free tickets. The trend is usually all hype for the first few games then the fan base disappears, who really wants to pay to watch University kids, maybe it will be different in Hamilton!

Kevin,

PDL (Premier Development League) teams in general do not draw large crowds, most teams are made up of 17-22 year old USA University based players that play to stay in shape before returning to school, the season is finished by August 10. The majority of people that watch these games are parents, friends, girlfriends and youth club kids from local youth teams in the area that are allocated free tickets. The trend is usually all hype for the first few games then the fan base disappears, who really wants to pay to watch University kids, maybe it will be different in Hamilton!

The demographics I mean. I didn't know people had such big extended families in places like Victoria, Thunder Bay or Des Moines. Must be nice think as a player that amongst the fans most are your cousins, especially when you are not even from that town.

Though it is sort of sad that those big T-Bay families abandon their playing kin just when the good weather starts to set in. Why is that anyways: weekend fishing trips?

Wanna check those stats and report back to us?

Kevin,

the CSL is just about the same way I had fun last year supporting hamilton it's too bad it only was for 1 season.

Kevin,

Yep, we have only had two seasons of PDL attendances averaging around 2,000 per game here in Victoria. We must have awfully big families willing to pay to watch Highlanders games, drink beer and sing in the Bravehearts End.

Kevin, I encourage you to go and have fun and maybe you will see players go from being hopeful PDL players to members of the National team. I watched Josh Simpson play on my local team and now he is a regular for Canada and enjoying a pro career. No reason at all you cannot do the same in Hamilton.

EDIT: took out uncalled for name-calling.

last season for some csl games some team were lucky to have 100 to 200 show up and I really enjoy watch csl more then MLS.

YES!! support the CSL lets finally get this league off the ground people need to be aware of the grave talent in this league and support Canadian soccer. lets be honest the MLS isn't that exciting I would really rather watch a CSL game r two than watch TFC get beat on by a BRAND NEW franchise.

• 2 weeks later...

Final open tryouts were held this past Saturday. Turnout was great! Preseason training camp starts May 9 with about 30 players expected to participate. Roster will be trimmed from there heading into the season opener vs Toronto Lynx on May 25th at 11am at Centennial Park in Etobicoke. Home opener is May 29th, 6pm at Ivor Wynne vs Ottawa.

the hamilton rage should set up a friendly against hamilton serbians to see where they stand playing against a strong competetive team plus it would be good for promoting the game between the city's 2 top league teams

• 2 weeks later...

Archived