Gold Cup 2011

jojoflow

Hey I thought I would start a trend for Gold Cup.

I want to go to Gold Cup this summer and I thouht thi would help me plan my trip

Went toToronto this past summer for the Canada Friendly games and all the V's madethe trip so much better

Im plaing on going wth mybuddy Jeff tuscan again and get some more memeories

If yu have any info please post it here or just stories abot going to the Gold Cup

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to do something similar myself.

Don't have any mates who are all that into football other than those that just want to get licked and see the Reds play....but that's not football fandom, that's just being a drunk.

So I'll need some info on the plans that the Voyageurs are up to for this event, I'd really like to attend with some of you lads.

I assume that Canada's group stage games will all hover around one area of the US, although I don't think that has always been the case (here's to hoping). Jordan and I are definitely going to do all the group stage games, and hopefully the knock-out round all the way to the final. It'd be great to organize a nice large group to hit up at least the group stage, and Jordan hit the nail on the head that our trip this summer was the best due to all of you other Vs we met up with. I couldn't imagine the debauchery and hijinks that could ensue with a big group of us heading down, Voyageurs On Tour.

For me the Gold Cup this summer is going to be so much less important than the start of World Cup qualifying that I'm saving my cash for World Cup Qualifying... We're going to need some better crowds than we did last time around if we want to see some better results.

I went down with a small contingent to the Columbus game in '09 vs El Salvador. It was a fun time especially because there were 4 different nationalities of fans there.

However if that game would have been held in Toronto, there could have been 2-3X as many fans walk through the gates, if they could have split the games up. Clownbus is a terrible place to get good numbers for footie.

I went down with a small contingent to the Columbus game in '09 vs El Salvador. It was a fun time especially because there were 4 different nationalities of fans there.

However if that game would have been held in Toronto, there could have been 2-3X as many fans walk through the gates, if they could have split the games up. Clownbus is a terrible place to get good numbers for footie.

Columbus is one of the most bizarre venues I've ever seen the gold cup use. They almost always hit up a city or region with big diasporas but a small midwestern outpost was random.

It would be nice to get together once before qualifying to get the competitive juices flowing. Getting our name out and being seen on TV pre-WCQ can only be good to increase our ranks for when the games really count.

It would be cool to get a bunch of Niagara Vees together to go down, I know you, CanadianSoccerFan, Ivan, myself, there are a few Niagara Falls people I've seen and also a Stoney Creek. If we could each bring a couple buddies we could bring a pretty good number down together.

would it hurt to release details about this obscure tournament ?? I'd like to know where Canada will play and when... but I might be asking for the moon. It seems to me CONCACAF does not give a crap about this Cup and avoing communication at all costs. Now would be a good time to start promotion/ building hype.

would it hurt to release details about this obscure tournament ?? I'd like to know where Canada will play and when... but I might be asking for the moon. It seems to me CONCACAF does not give a crap about this Cup and avoing communication at all costs. Now would be a good time to start promotion/ building hype.

To be fair, they have to wait until after the Central American Cup before they can have the Gold Cup draw.

True... completely forgot about that one. Why do they have to play it this late? Still would be cool to know of the host cities so we can plan something out. But I'm probably whining too much here!

Ya it would be nice to know what cities are hosting games

The reason why I created this thread was to help with the planning, My buddy Jeff (Tuscan) and I went to the Canada games this past summer in Toronto and Montreal and we shouldhave planned it better im hoping this will help people out.

No way, Jose! Remember, this is CONCACAF where the "draws" are conducted on a private desk with a calculator in hand.

Seriously hahah... I think as usual we'll have the closest group. I'm guessing we won't get either of Mexico or US in the group stages, probably one of Costa Rica/Honduras. I really want our boys to stomp out the Hondurans in this competition.

This is what Wikapedia says...

The 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup will be the 11th edition of the CONCACAF Gold Cup competition and 20th CONCACAF regional championship overall. The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil. The United States will be the host nation; the final will be played at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California on June 25, 2011.[1]

It would be cool to get a bunch of Niagara Vees together to go down, I know you, CanadianSoccerFan, Ivan, myself, there are a few Niagara Falls people I've seen and also a Stoney Creek. If we could each bring a couple buddies we could bring a pretty good number down together.

I might be interested in making the trek to a match depending where we play (what are the odds Rochester gets a match? One can only dream). At the very least we should get together to watch the tourney.

I might be interested in making the trek to a match depending where we play (what are the odds Rochester gets a match? One can only dream). At the very least we should get together to watch the tourney.

If a match is in New England, Columbus or Chicago I think we could make it reasonably. And yes if not we'll definitely have to all get together to watch... maybe we should arrange that for the Greece match too if we can

No way, Jose! Remember, this is CONCACAF where the "draws" are conducted on a private desk with a calculator in hand.

lol Yeah, I'm going to go out on the limb and predict that Miami will be one of the venues and Cuba will get drawn into the group that plays down there. Probably in the same group as Honduras and/or Jamaica.

Mexico will get drawn in a group with games in California and Texas.

Archived