Canadians abroad: December 10-16, 2010

DJT

As far as I'm concerned any contribution to this thread is good! Some posters have more knowledge of certain leagues than others and some will elaborate more, it's all good! I personally follow the English Championship closely and if it's not already posted I will update who is playing and who is not! Yesterday case in point, Hume scored and there was a good article about the goal and his loan spell being finished so I just provided the link, perhaps a tad bit lazy on my part but it's there for everyone to read if they choose! It's not worth getting into a ***** fest with each other over this in my opinion!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough gator, I agree with you, every contribution can't be bad, but since we are in the subject, I was thinking about this, it would be good to have for example, you reporting on canucks playing in the Championship division and give a feedback of how they played or what the local press had to say about their play. I'm not suggesting that this will give you the privilege of reporting on players who are in that division. Just an idea.

Fair enough gator, I agree with you, every contribution can't be bad, but since we are in the subject, I was thinking about this, it would be good to have for example, you reporting on canucks playing in the Championship division and give a feedback of how they played or what the local press had to say about their play. I'm not suggesting that this will give you the privilege of reporting on players who are in that division. Just an idea.

I try to do that when I can, many times the player's game status has already been reported by the time I get around to it! I will try to provide match report links for our guys in the Championship if people are interested! I am a dedicated Queens Park Ranger fan so as the matches are being played I'm either watching a video stream or text of their match! I will provide more on the Champioship though!

Canucklefan, you've been around long enough to know that we have tonnes of information available either in the weekly Canadians abroad thread, including video clips of goals, links to match reports and editorial comments when possible among a host of other related information. If the story's big enough it often branches off into it's own thread where further discussion ensues.

You've also been around long enough to know damn well what I contribute to this community. Enough with the sense of entitlement and the suggestions for other v's to supply you with just the right information that you are looking for in a particular thread. A guy like tarnado spends an awful lot of time researching and compiling his information, work which is usually quite meticulous and often under-appreciated on this forum, as you have perfectly exemplified.

If you have any idea of how YOU might improve things around here, then go for it. Just don't crap on those who are already doing it.

First of all, I want to apologize to tarnado, reading back my comment, I understand that the tone seemed to be a rude one and it did lead to misinterpretation. And as for your reply nolando, I'm not interested in trash talk, thank you but however, I'm temped to tell you what I think of your contributions but I will stop here, it is not the place and it wouldn't be wise from my part.

Sorry for derailing this thread, back on the topic, I found highlights from the PSV game yesterday. Hutchinson played indeed in midfield. To me, it's the first time I watch him in that role with PSV. Great first touch by Hutch.

And as for your reply nolando, I'm not interested in trash talk, thank you but however, I'm temped to tell you what I think of your contributions but I will stop here, it is not the place and it wouldn't be wise from my part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzPBUGUM7KQ

Sorry for derailing this thread, back on the topic, I found highlights from the PSV game yesterday. Hutchinson played indeed in midfield. To me, it's the first time I watch him in that role with PSV. Great first touch by Hutch.

Great contribution. Cheers! Interesting to see where he will be playing by the end of the season.

I watched most of that match on a stream yesterday and Atiba played a very reliable, if unspectacular, midfield role. He was forced to play more defensively after Engelaar, who does a lot of the ball-winning in midfield, was sent off mid-way through the first half. Atiba did a lot of one and two-touch passing, rarely losing possession, and occasionally playing a good attacking ball.

In Turkish Super Lig, big win of Ankaragucu (Klukowski) at home 2 - 1 against Fenerbahce, currently 3rd in the table. From the report I got, Klukowski played 90 minutes in defense. I assume he played in his usual position at left back.

EDIT: Klukowski's last weekend goal against Sivasspor. http://rutube.ru/tracks/3841032.html?v=bbc91cc4f07b4f3f216afe51215bcfe8&autoStart=true&bmstart=0

AND this weekend...

Great contribution from Kluko in the 2 - 1 win over Fenerbahce as he made the cross on the first goal. http://rutube.ru/tracks/3867944.html?v=889ccbb35c961c69d956f408d564b4fe&autoStart=true&bmstart=0

In Turkish Super Lig, big win of Ankaragucu (Klukowski) at home 2 - 1 against Fenerbahce, currently 3rd in the table. From the report I got, Klukowski played 90 minutes in defense. I assume he played in his usual position at left back.

EDIT: Klukowski's last weekend goal against Sivasspor. http://rutube.ru/tracks/3841032.html?v=bbc91cc4f07b4f3f216afe51215bcfe8&autoStart=true&bmstart=0

AND this weekend...

Great contribution from Kluko in the 2 - 1 win over Fenerbahce as he made the cross on the first goal. http://rutube.ru/tracks/3867944.html?v=889ccbb35c961c69d956f408d564b4fe&autoStart=true&bmstart=0

Nice header and cross

We should get De Guzman over to Turkey!

I watched most of that match on a stream yesterday and Atiba played a very reliable, if unspectacular, midfield role. He was forced to play more defensively after Engelaar, who does a lot of the ball-winning in midfield, was sent off mid-way through the first half. Atiba did a lot of one and two-touch passing, rarely losing possession, and occasionally playing a good attacking ball.

I'm guessing he'll get another shot in midfield next match at least with Engelaar out, I think he just needs a few games and he'll be a key mid for PSV.

Nice header and cross

We should get De Guzman over to Turkey!

I could see De Guzman doing well in Turkey. It remains to be seen whether or not he is in TFC's plans, and I think his stock is high enough that a club like Ankaragucu, Trabzonspor, or Bursaspor would be interested. I don't think either of the Turkish big 3 would want him for anything except bench depth.

Hoilett did well today to set up Blackburns equalizer

Junior Hoilett = David, right? for some reason I always thought that was his brother. Either way he had a nice pass for the "assist to an assist" to another CONCACAF player Jason Richards who passed to Mame Diouf to score. Within 90 seconds though it was yet another CONCACAF man, Stu Holden, scoring at the other end.

Radz is now the leading scorer for Lierse with 4 league goals. After 19 games Lierse sit in 15th spot (out of 16) in the Belgian league with only 9 points.

Radz should still be called! World Cup Qualifying time is now and he is still one of the best canucks around, it will help our young squad to have someone like Radz around

Here's some news on Peschisolido being linked to the Sheffield United job! It would be a nice step up for him IMO and he does have a history with the club! He's denying it at this point but speculation to more lucrative positions can only be good! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/burton_albion/9286828.stm

You'll never guess who got the caretaker roll... lol John Carver

Archived